User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I couldn't agree more. If it's a choice between a boring, less stressful job VS. a very interesting, highly stressful job, then I would take the boring one every time. My goal is to avoid responsibility and stress.
    I don't mind responsibility so much. In fact, I would prefer if I had a job that was boring, repetitive and predictable. That way it would give the job meaning. What stresses me out in a job is unpredictability, unprofessionalism, chaos combined with high stakes, and disorganization. I would gladly take the boring job that has a lot of responsibility over that. Different strokes for different folks, I say. There are other ways I can get my excitement.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Almost every SJ that I know likes jigsaw puzzles. I consider that repetitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

You know, I just remembered something- I get deja vu all the time. It must be because I do a lot of repetitive activities.

And yes, you can bet it was happening to me just before I made this post. I guess it's a certain series/combination of things that trigger it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    Hmmmm ..

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    You know, I just remembered something- I get deja vu all the time. It must be because I do a lot of repetitive activities.

And yes, you can bet it was happening to me just before I made this post. I guess it's a certain series/combination of things that trigger it.
    Do you really think deja vu is due to repetitive activities?? .. I think it is our subconscious telling us we are on the right path and exactly where we need to be at that precise moment ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTP

I don't see why not, it makes sense to me. But you could be right too.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    What stresses me out in a job is unpredictability, unprofessionalism, chaos combined with high stakes, and disorganization. I would gladly take the boring job that has a lot of responsibility over that.
    That's a pretty potent list, I'd agree with you there, and in general that I'd prefer boring over stressful. At my job, we have some days one way and some days the other, so I know which I'd prefer.

Repetitive activities: Even SJs daydream and drift off while doing repetitive tasks. I think I can vouch for this. I don't mind doing repetitive tasks, if they need to be done, and I think I may have better tolerance for them, but it's not "exciting" and most of the time isn't even "relaxing" for long. I guess for short periods of time, it could be relaxing.

To choose repetitive activities for fun/leisure: No, usually I don't do that. Usually when I choose something for fun, it's for its variety (just not too wild!).
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    The ISTJs I knew too, actually. That's a funny coicidence
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I don't mind responsibility so much. In fact, I would prefer if I had a job that was boring, repetitive and predictable. That way it would give the job meaning. What stresses me out in a job is unpredictability, unprofessionalism, chaos combined with high stakes, and disorganization. I would gladly take the boring job that has a lot of responsibility over that. Different strokes for different folks, I say. There are other ways I can get my excitement.
    Yeah, I do agree that I'd take boring over stressful any day of the week. But I get stressed from things like too much responsibility, or approaching deadlines (where I haven't completed the work). I prefer boring to difficult jobs as well, but there is a limit to which a job can be boring. If it gets past a certain level, I feel restless.