• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs - Do you find yourself rehearsing things mentally?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I was wondering if other SJs run into something similar. For as long as I can remember, if I can manage to get relaxed into proper introversion while doing something, I start repeating random things in my head over and over again. I'll repeat entire lines from an entire scene in a movie, sing lyrics to almost entire songs, think about lines from a book I might've recently read, or anything that was interesting enough for it to stick in my head.

It's the kind of thing that's energizing to me in the middle of something taxing. It's just my way of retreating back to the familiar. Do you guys do that or notice it?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All. the time.

Things I'm going to say, songs and scenes in movies that I like, things I'm going to do...all the time :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I was wondering if other SJs run into something similar. For as long as I can remember, if I can manage to get relaxed into proper introversion while doing something, I start repeating random things in my head over and over again. I'll repeat entire lines from an entire scene in a movie, sing lyrics to almost entire songs, think about lines from a book I might've recently read, or anything that was interesting enough for it to stick in my head.

It's the kind of thing that's energizing to me in the middle of something taxing. It's just my way of retreating back to the familiar. Do you guys do that or notice it?

Are you kidding? I do this almost every minute of the day. Some line or song or fact or even idea I remembered will just stick in my head, and it's hard to get out. I still have those lines from 'Liar Liar' stuck in my head from all the way back in 1998.

"Here goes, I sped, I followed too closely, I ran a stop sign, I almost hit a Chevy, I sped some more, I failed to yield at a crosswalk, I changed lanes without signaling, I changed lanes at an intersection while running a red light and speeding..."
"Is that all?"
"No... I have unpaid parking tickets."

:cool:

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I often get songs stuck in my head, but I always thought that happened to everyone.

Also, the 8 Colors of Fitness (check out the link below if you haven't heard about it) says that Blue types (ISTJs and ISFJs) "maintain their energy by chanting or singing to themselves, or reciting personal mantras" "while engaged in repetitious cardio activities." This definitely happens to me... while working out I will often find myself putting a song on repeat and listening to it for the entire 45 minutes!

8 Colors of Fitness: The 8 Colors of Fitness by Suzanne Brue - Color Coded Exercise Personality Quiz based on Myers Briggs - Home

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
When I was in middle school, I had a little hand tape recorder with a bunch of familiar quotes, movie lines, songs that had a high level of long-time familiarity to me, etc.... I would carry it in my jacket pocket and if I felt stressed or disoriented, I'd just play that for a couple minutes.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I can't say I do this. Unless something happens and in that moment it reminds me of a line from a movie or book, then I'll say it out loud. I do get songs stuck in my head for days and I'll sing them all day long but with that's mostly due to the melody not really the lyrics.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't do this either. If I'm doing something I tend to get very into the task and I'm not in my head at all.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
When I was in middle school, I had a little hand tape recorder with a bunch of familiar quotes, movie lines, songs that had a high level of long-time familiarity to me, etc.... I would carry it in my jacket pocket and if I felt stressed or disoriented, I'd just play that for a couple minutes.

omg. that's exactly what I use my ipod for. I can play the same thing over and over and over again. I listen to specific episodes of tv shows because I just can listen to lines in the show repeatedly. If I had to live without my iPod, I'd probably truly need a therapist. It's the only anchor I really have to my past.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
I had music playing in my head while writing an exam a few days ago, but it was more the melodies than the lyrics.

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I do do this - that link about the exercise colors is fascinating! Frequently during the day I will take breaks from work on my computer (my own time, I'm a contractor) and do a little online surfing while listening to one of my favorite songs. I can listen to the same song several times in a day and it does energize me, I just never thought much about it before!

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ

That's adorable :)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah I do that...especially when playing out conversations. Even though I don't know what the other person will say I'll have my response ready. It's almost like regardless of what they say, I'm prepared to answer/counter it with whatever I have played out in my head.

I'm good for reciting song lyrics all day too. I'll see something, or someone will say something that will remind me of a song lyric and I'll probably spend some time reciting the whole song.

Leanne_92

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not sure if that's a purely ISTJ thing, as I'm INFP and I do the same :)