User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    isfj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default isfjs, children and animals

Do you have a natural affinity for working with children? I absolutely adore children..and animals too...
    I hope to pursue a career working with children...working with them brings me so much pleasure :-)

Children to me, are mallable brains to be worked upon, so that they become nice little pony zombies. =D

In all honesty, I like playing with younger children. It's especially fun teasing them or watching them explore the world before them, and more so watching them learn new tricks and techniques to apply to real life (hence the original desire to become a teacher).

I don't share this feeling for animals though unfortunately *chews on some chickens*

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Anabel View Post
    Do you have a natural affinity for working with children? I absolutely adore children..and animals too...
    I hope to pursue a career working with children...working with them brings me so much pleasure :-)
    I like children, I find them to be fascinating and adorable. That being said...I often don't know how exactly to talk and interact with them

Animals it depends. Sometimes they're really cute and a lot of fun to play with but other times they are a just a gigantic pain in the ass to have around so it largely depends. I've always had a dog or a cat and I consider myself a dog person.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    I

An ISFJ that I know does not like working with children at all, but her whole profession is centered around working with animals. So I assume she likes working with animals.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

My ISFJ mum likes looking after both, and being affectionate with them. She fits the 'nurturer' stereotype very well, perhaps because her preferences are very strong.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

since discovering mbti, i only like to be around animals.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I adore children, and I've considered working with them before in the past, but I never got a chance to get into it. I have worked with animals before and I really really liked that. I have pets of my own now and hope to have children of my own someday.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

The ISFJ I know loves children. He can really get down and play with them, and he always goes into cute mode when he sees a toddler in a stroller on the street or something (I fail to understand this.) He wants a big family, too. And he does like animals to a point, but there's a lot he doesn't like about them as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

My ISFJ mother just adores my dog. She's always buying her toys, talking to her, feeding her from her plate. Since I got the dog I don't recall one restaurant meal I've had with my mother when she hasn't saved a little scrap of meat for her. If I tease my dog or joke about her intelligence, my mother leaps in to defend her.

I make fun of her for it, but sometimes I secretly think it's really sweet. Don't tell her though.

Kids...not sure. She's warm and affectionate with them, and with babies and toddlers she can be goofy in just the right way, but she's also rather easily overwhelmed. Can't really see her working in a classroom or daycare center.

MBTI
    ENTP

Both ISFJ's in my family really like cats and dogs but prefer cats for the least amount of daily care.

And they seem that way with children too, oddly. They like them a lot but especially when they are not their own. But again, these are both family members and have anger issues so not sure if it is a family thing or ISFJ thing. Neither one would have the patience to work in a daycare either.