• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] isfjs, children and animals

Anabel

MBTI Type
isfj
Enneagram
9w1
Do you have a natural affinity for working with children? I absolutely adore children..and animals too...
I hope to pursue a career working with children...working with them brings me so much pleasure :)

Snow Turtle

Children to me, are mallable brains to be worked upon, so that they become nice little pony zombies. =D

In all honesty, I like playing with younger children. It's especially fun teasing them or watching them explore the world before them, and more so watching them learn new tricks and techniques to apply to real life (hence the original desire to become a teacher).

I don't share this feeling for animals though unfortunately *chews on some chickens*

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you have a natural affinity for working with children? I absolutely adore children..and animals too...
I hope to pursue a career working with children...working with them brings me so much pleasure :)

I like children, I find them to be fascinating and adorable. That being said...I often don't know how exactly to talk and interact with them

Animals it depends. Sometimes they're really cute and a lot of fun to play with but other times they are a just a gigantic pain in the ass to have around so it largely depends. I've always had a dog or a cat and I consider myself a dog person.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
An ISFJ that I know does not like working with children at all, but her whole profession is centered around working with animals. So I assume she likes working with animals.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My ISFJ mum likes looking after both, and being affectionate with them. She fits the 'nurturer' stereotype very well, perhaps because her preferences are very strong.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
since discovering mbti, i only like to be around animals.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I adore children, and I've considered working with them before in the past, but I never got a chance to get into it. I have worked with animals before and I really really liked that. I have pets of my own now and hope to have children of my own someday.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
The ISFJ I know loves children. He can really get down and play with them, and he always goes into cute mode when he sees a toddler in a stroller on the street or something (I fail to understand this.) He wants a big family, too. :dry: And he does like animals to a point, but there's a lot he doesn't like about them as well.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My ISFJ mother just adores my dog. She's always buying her toys, talking to her, feeding her from her plate. Since I got the dog I don't recall one restaurant meal I've had with my mother when she hasn't saved a little scrap of meat for her. If I tease my dog or joke about her intelligence, my mother leaps in to defend her.

I make fun of her for it, but sometimes I secretly think it's really sweet. Don't tell her though.

Kids...not sure. She's warm and affectionate with them, and with babies and toddlers she can be goofy in just the right way, but she's also rather easily overwhelmed. Can't really see her working in a classroom or daycare center.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Both ISFJ's in my family really like cats and dogs but prefer cats for the least amount of daily care.

And they seem that way with children too, oddly. They like them a lot but especially when they are not their own. But again, these are both family members and have anger issues so not sure if it is a family thing or ISFJ thing. Neither one would have the patience to work in a daycare either.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
The ISFJ girl I was talking to said she didn't like children, only because she was a doormat and knew she couldn't say no to them! :laugh:

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can't wait to have kids one day. I see being a parent as the biggest opportunity there is to positively influence another person's existence, so I embrace the responsibilities involved. It's a rare chance in life to have that much power to make someone's life wonderful.

Because I can be awkward sometimes, kids don't always warm up to me. But when they do, I can connect very well with them. I worked at a summer camp in college one year and buses would drop off kids to us each week. We had fun with them and they were only there for a mere 7 days, but some of them would come up to me and open up about things that were troubling them like if their parents weren't listening to them enough. One night, a kid came into my tent and cried her eyes out because her parents had split up and her mom was sleeping around. There was nothing I could say to help her situation, but it was a comfort to her by me just being there and allowing her to unburden herself and that meant a great deal to me.

Personally, I think kids deserve much of the same sensitivity and dignity owed to adults, but a lot of adults seem oblivious to this.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
The ISFJ girl I was talking to said she didn't like children, only because she was a doormat and knew she couldn't say no to them! :laugh:

Haha, that's probably the same reason the ISFJ I know doesn't like them! Makes sense now actually.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Haha, that's probably the same reason the ISFJ I know doesn't like them! Makes sense now actually.
I thought it was hilarious when she told me this, since I always thought ISFJ's were the perfect parents! :yes:

She told me while she was giggling though, so her cover was blown from the start. :laugh: Don't ask me why she was talking to me about kids, because I have no idea. :shock: