User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTJ

The ISFJ girl I was talking to said she didn't like children, only because she was a doormat and knew she couldn't say no to them!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

I can't wait to have kids one day. I see being a parent as the biggest opportunity there is to positively influence another person's existence, so I embrace the responsibilities involved. It's a rare chance in life to have that much power to make someone's life wonderful.

Because I can be awkward sometimes, kids don't always warm up to me. But when they do, I can connect very well with them. I worked at a summer camp in college one year and buses would drop off kids to us each week. We had fun with them and they were only there for a mere 7 days, but some of them would come up to me and open up about things that were troubling them like if their parents weren't listening to them enough. One night, a kid came into my tent and cried her eyes out because her parents had split up and her mom was sleeping around. There was nothing I could say to help her situation, but it was a comfort to her by me just being there and allowing her to unburden herself and that meant a great deal to me.

Personally, I think kids deserve much of the same sensitivity and dignity owed to adults, but a lot of adults seem oblivious to this.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by FeatheredFrenzy View Post

Personally, I think kids deserve much of the same sensitivity and dignity owed to adults, but a lot of adults seem oblivious to this.
    I so agree with this.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    The ISFJ girl I was talking to said she didn't like children, only because she was a doormat and knew she couldn't say no to them!
    Haha, that's probably the same reason the ISFJ I know doesn't like them! Makes sense now actually.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Haha, that's probably the same reason the ISFJ I know doesn't like them! Makes sense now actually.
    I thought it was hilarious when she told me this, since I always thought ISFJ's were the perfect parents!

She told me while she was giggling though, so her cover was blown from the start. Don't ask me why she was talking to me about kids, because I have no idea.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]