User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: THE LOOK!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default THE LOOK!

Hi, my fellow SJ friends!

I was just wondering: Do any of you have what you would call 'The Look'? Meaning, when you give this deadly stare, you make the knees of even the strongest, most formidable man shake?

Just curious, because I have it. But I cannot produce it on command. Certain thoughts have to go through my head, and then magically, WHOOOM...

For example, this often happens with bosses of mine who are so formidable, and everyone is scared of them. They push me too far, and ZING, they get 'The Look,' after which they tuck their tails between their legs and run. QUICKLY.

This is rather amusing because I am usually this nice, polite, friendly person. But push the 'You went one step too far button,' and you will be exterminated by: THE LOOK!

I have dozens of other examples of this trait as well.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

No I don't have a look like that. I think I moreso either smile or grimace when I am talking with someone. If its not that, then I have no expression at all, which is usually.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Isn't that look usually described as the "teacher look"???
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    xNFP

That could very well be. But I remember my ESTX boss used to give me the little school boy look "Please don't beat me" when I looked like that.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Hi, my fellow SJ friends!

I was just wondering: Do any of you have what you would call 'The Look'? Meaning, when you give this deadly stare, you make the knees of even the strongest, most formidable man shake?

Just curious, because I have it. But I cannot produce it on command. Certain thoughts have to go through my head, and then magically, WHOOOM...

For example, this often happens with bosses of mine who are so formidable, and everyone is scared of them. They push me too far, and ZING, they get 'The Look,' after which they tuck their tails between their legs and run. QUICKLY.

This is rather amusing because I am usually this nice, polite, friendly person. But push the 'You went one step too far button,' and you will be exterminated by: THE LOOK!

I have dozens of other examples of this trait as well.
    ^

I think I know what you're talking about LL. It can't be produced on command, but I have more a "I'm going to kill you." sly smirk of confidence on my face. It makes people think twice before doing something they shouldn't. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    ^

I think I know what you're talking about LL. It can't be produced on command, but I have more a "I'm going to kill you." sly smirk of confidence on my face. It makes people think twice before doing something they shouldn't. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    YEAH!!!!!!! Exactly! That's what I'm talking about. The Arnold Schwarzeneggar, You-are-going-to-die look!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Oh yeah baby, lol

If i give someone 'The look' .. Then run, it is for your own safety
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    xNFP

HELLZ Yeah. That's what I'm talking about! RAWRRRRRRRR!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I've got that look, it's the one where I look right through you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Haha, yes, I have this.

At school a teacher used to say to me, if looks could kill, yours will. I had issues at that age though. I don't think I look I'm going to kill anyone these days, but a friend also said something about "the look" once. My husband too. I also have "the silence". Where I don't say anything, but the person knows the problem, and then says or does something to fix it. Sometimes I don't actually have a problem, but the other person just gets nervous. Once I got money because the person thought I was mad. But I wasn't. :confused: