User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Default How to differentiate between an ISFJ & ISTJ?

What's the major difference between ISFJ & ISTJ? Because I'm getting a little confused with what's my personality type is. I did the personality test for the 1st time and I got ISFJ, but after doing it for the 2nd time, I got ISTJ.

I'm not sure whether I think more or I feel more, perhaps I mistook feeling with thinking.

Just a background info about me, I tend to get very emotional easily, so that means I get moody easily, but I can get extremely happy (or High) if I hang out with the right people, till the extent that I don't mind if the lift suddenly breaks down and I'm stuck inside. LOL.

So basically, I just need the definition of the difference between thinking with my head and thinking with my heart.

And perhaps, I might have click some answers wrongly because I don't fully understand what the question is answering. My English isn't that good.

But 1 thing that I'm sure of is, I'm definitely an IS. XD

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's hard to tell just from what you've described. I think one major difference is ISFJs have a lower tolerance level for conflict and disagreement and want to have things as harmonious as possible, often by not pressing their opinions on others. They are kind and like to give presents and please people by doing personal services for them. ISTJs are more into their independence and can handle disagreements and conflicting opinions because they don't look at the feelings generated, more at the objective situation and ideas involved, so they don't take the disharmony so personally or seriously.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    It's hard to tell just from what you've described. I think one major difference is ISFJs have a lower tolerance level for conflict and disagreement and want to have things as harmonious as possible, often by not pressing their opinions on others. They are kind and like to give presents and please people by doing personal services for them. ISTJs are more into their independence and can handle disagreements and conflicting opinions because they don't look at the feelings generated, more at the objective situation and ideas involved, so they don't take the disharmony so personally or seriously.
    Yah. I know it's quite hard to tell the difference of what I truly am with the limited description. By the way, I don't really get what it means by ISFJs prefer things to be as harmonious as possible??

MBTI
    I

The main glaring difference is Te (ISTJ) vs. Fe (ISFJ).

Te (extraverted Thinking) involves systemizing things for efficiency, organization. The ability to make things clear for people to understand easily, and the ability to manage systems logically.

Fe (extraverted Feeling) involves connecting emotionally with other people. It usually has to do with taking pleasure in a group's well-being, taking care of others, or simply being very considerate and friendly.

So which one do you use more of?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    The main glaring difference is Te (ISTJ) vs. Fe (ISFJ).

Te (extraverted Thinking) involves systemizing things for efficiency, organization. The ability to make things clear for people to understand easily, and the ability to manage systems logically.

Fe (extraverted Feeling) involves connecting emotionally with other people. It usually has to do with taking pleasure in a group's well-being, taking care of others, or simply being very considerate and friendly.

So which one do you use more of?
    I like things to be systematic but I can't seemed to make myself clear enough. So that means, I might not be an ISTJ?

I'm not sure whether am I considerate or do I take pleasure in a group's well-being because I never really thought about it, but I tend to be rather friendly to anyone who takes the initiative to talk to me.

MBTI
    ISTJ

The description sounds like ISTJ. Your picture is too cute for ISTJ through..

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    ISTJ don't like cute stuffs? XD

My friends were just talking about my Pikachu handphone strap yesterday. XD

Now I think I have split personalities, perhaps I'm a ISF/TJ? Lols.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Sounds like an ISFJ..... =)
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    The endless torture of tripping is quite sadistic, actually. Surely the ISTJs can approve of that?
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    The endless torture of tripping is quite sadistic, actually. Surely the ISTJs can approve of that?
    Woots. I think I get what you mean. Are you referring to my picture??