User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 17 of 17

  1. #11
    Senior Member Heinel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
    Woots. I think I get what you mean. Are you referring to my picture??
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

  2. #12
    Senior Member Gerbah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
    Yah. I know it's quite hard to tell the difference of what I truly am with the limited description. By the way, I don't really get what it means by ISFJs prefer things to be as harmonious as possible??
    For example, when there's a family get-together, the ISFJ I know doesn't like to discuss topics where people are going to have strong and conflicting opinions because it makes the emotional atmosphere conflicted. She likes the atmosphere to flow and feel ok and everyone to be having a nice time and that things are normal. At least that's how she feels it. Just an example.

    I think it's an extraverted feeling thing where ISFJs value that the group as a whole is ok and in harmony with one another. The ISFJ will often not press their preferences on others for the sake of group harmony. As an ISTJ for example, I don't concentrate on the group so much. I guess it sounds kind of selfish but I think more about if the group fits to me or not, and if it doesn't, it's quite stressful for me and I will probably be more withdrawn.

  3. #13
    Junior Member Carrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    For example, when there's a family get-together, the ISFJ I know doesn't like to discuss topics where people are going to have strong and conflicting opinions because it makes the emotional atmosphere conflicted. She likes the atmosphere to flow and feel ok and everyone to be having a nice time and that things are normal. At least that's how she feels it. Just an example.

    I think it's an extraverted feeling thing where ISFJs value that the group as a whole is ok and in harmony with one another. The ISFJ will often not press their preferences on others for the sake of group harmony. As an ISTJ for example, I don't concentrate on the group so much. I guess it sounds kind of selfish but I think more about if the group fits to me or not, and if it doesn't, it's quite stressful for me and I will probably be more withdrawn.
    So that means, an ISFJ wouldn't feel ok if someone seems to be not having fun and the ISFJ will perhaps ask what's wrong? However, an ISTJ is more concerned with his/her own feelings. And he/she will consider about his/her being comfortable in that group or not?

    So far I haven't experienced stress being in a wrong group yet, the most I felt was left out and awkwardness.

    Anyway, to put what you explained in another way, the ISFJ will become moody because he/she was discouraged by certain things or people but they'll most probably not rebuke if he/she gets criticized. However, an ISTJ gets moody because of his/her own problems???

  4. #14
    Senior Member Gerbah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
    So that means, an ISFJ wouldn't feel ok if someone seems to be not having fun and the ISFJ will perhaps ask what's wrong? However, an ISTJ is more concerned with his/her own feelings. And he/she will consider about his/her being comfortable in that group or not?
    That would depend on the specific individual. I was just trying to outline a general trend, but how that plays out specifically and in specific situations could look rather different. The ISFJ I know would not I think be so forward as to ask what's wrong if someone is quiet. That's a little personal for her style. It's more like she tries to avoid things that could be disruptive to the group as a whole. But that's just her. And what I said about myself is just me. I wanted to say that I don't think about group harmony so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
    Anyway, to put what you explained in another way, the ISFJ will become moody because he/she was discouraged by certain things or people but they'll most probably not rebuke if he/she gets criticized. However, an ISTJ gets moody because of his/her own problems???
    No, no. I think you've gone off on a tangent there.

  5. #15
    Junior Member Carrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    No, no. I think you've gone off on a tangent there.
    I'm not sure about it. But it seemed I practically gets really discouraged if someone criticizes my works...

  6. #16
    Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    925

    Default

    In my experience, ISFJs compliment people way more than ISTJs do. ISFJs seem also to have less intense opinions about everything/
    Johari Nohari

    "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

  7. #17
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    The description sounds like ISTJ. Your picture is too cute for ISTJ through..
    I was also thinking that. Plus the statement about Pikachu... so I would say ISFJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-23-2013, 01:28 PM
  2. [ISFJ] How to tell if an ISFJ likes you
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:39 AM
  3. How to win back an ISTJ male? HE IS CONFUSING ME!!
    By CocoB in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 08:15 PM
  4. [ENFP] How do I differentiate between an ENFJ and an ENFP?
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 10:11 PM
  5. [ISTJ] How to win back an ISTj's heart...?
    By missellis75 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO