• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESTJ female - INFJ male

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Totally, without a doubt. I know a couple like that and they've been together for years. They both give each other a weird sort of comfort and they seem very happy. Good luck!

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Ah, I see. Thank you for your answer guys. I've been worried that somehow I'm not the best person for my partner. It seems that everything I do/think about him are wrong, and he always complain that I don't understand him or misunderstand him. Yet he still stand by me (well, we're only been in a relationship for less than 2 months, so I don't know how long he could last with me).

I'm afraid that I will only bring sorrow to his life, since I'm a very blunt, harsh, and dominating person. Sometimes, I wish he just dumped me and leave me alone, so I won't feel guilty any more.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well me and Little Linguist get along just fine. :D ;)

Seee??? :D I mean, we're friends, and that IS a different dynamic, but I think it can work.

I don't want to speak for you, but I know I often don't think I am the 'right' person for something. Like my current husband, who is an INTP. Oh yikes....we fought like a cat and dog for 1-2 years...

The fact of the matter is: I am overly perfectionistic, and when I see someone like my husband, I look at all my petty faults and wonder what he sees in me. The fact that someone could ever 'love me despite/even because of my faults' seems ridiculous. In addition, I'm so hard on myself that I often look at the negatives rather than the positives.

If I were you, I'd let things develop. Often these things sort themselves out with some introspection and hard work. It's like hanging up some clothes on a hanger with a few wrinkles; sometimes you have to iron it anyway, and sometimes the wrinkles 'work themselves out.' Only time and experience can tell what the truth is.

Well I might've spoke a little prematurely. :tongue10: ;)

Now don't be an ass-rat and go scaring poor Wicked, now, ya hear???? *gets out whip*

S

Sniffles

Seee??? :D I mean, we're friends, and that IS a different dynamic, but I think it can work.
:yes:

The fact of the matter is: I am overly perfectionistic, and when I see someone like my husband, I look at all my petty faults and wonder what he sees in me. The fact that someone could ever 'love me despite/even because of my faults' seems ridiculous. In addition, I'm so hard on myself that I often look at the negatives rather than the positives.
Yes, as an INFJ I can relate to this in many ways. We're overly perfectionistic as well; and me and LL often have to keep reminding each other to relax now and then. So that's perhaps another point to consider in the how the dynamic between these two types work(or can work).

Now don't be an ass-rat and go scaring poor Wicked, now, ya hear???? *gets out whip*
You don't scare me! :tongue10:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any combination of types can work if the individuals are compatible in experience, goals, or whatever. I would have to say that ESTJ and INFJ would more often not be the best match based on MBTI theory, but exceptions are certainly possible. The contrast between being strongly external ESTJ and deeply internal INFJ has potential for a number of imbalances in a relationship.

Feeling guilty typically leads to resentment as does feeling hurt by someone. Unless that dynamic stops, it sounds like it could easily fall into dysfunction (speaking in general terms).