• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ goofiness

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can be goofy and silly...with people that I know well. I LOVE to laugh and to make other people laugh. My INFP husband always said he was "weird and goofy" before getting together with me...but now, he is so out there that if I left him, he probably couldn't find anyone who would want him! :yes:

My INTJ boss used to be really serious when I first started working for him...and things were a little awkward between us. Now we are both silly and goofy and laugh a lot! :)

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think any xSFJ who is depressed and unhappy is basically a ticking timebomb .. And you have no idea when they are going to flip .. Not a pretty sight.

Seriously? :shock: What's it like when an ISFJ flips out? Should I and the in-laws expect it to happen? She has been so repressed for so many years. It's partly her responsibility but it's also in large part that her circumstances were/are difficult.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Seriously? :shock: What's it like when an ISFJ flips out? Should I and the in-laws expect it to happen? She has been so repressed for so many years. It's partly her responsibility but it's also in large part that her circumstances were/are difficult.

I was not saying ISFJ more xSFJ .. If my plate is so overloaded that i am going to crack, seriously watch out .. I will explode and i won't take any casulties .. But thank god i have controlled my temper. These day i am just thinking about putting the axe in someones head insteads of actually sharpening it, giving someone the look and taking a large swing. :blush:

Maybe E and I's have a different way of handling pressure .. I spoke to my mum last night (ESFJ) and she is on the fricking war path, now she does have good reason so don't get me wrong .. But even i know when to back off when she is on one ..

Maybe ISFJ's are more nice about it all .. Oh i don't know.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was not saying ISFJ more xSFJ .. If my plate is so overloaded that i am going to crack, seriously watch out .. I will explode and i won't take any casulties .. But thank god i have controlled my temper. These day i am just thinking about putting the axe in someones head insteads of actually sharpening it, giving someone the look and taking a large swing. :blush:

Maybe E and I's have a different way of handling pressure .. I spoke to my mum last night (ESFJ) and she is on the fricking war path, now she does have good reason so don't get me wrong .. But even i know when to back off when she is on one ..

Maybe ISFJ's are more nice about it all .. Oh i don't know.

Eh....I don't know. I think we just quietly seethe and mull over our anger and get all passive-aggressive. Eventually we will explode and when we do HOLY PLASTIC ROCKS BATMAN because slights and misdeeds you made YEARS ago is going to get dragged back into the spotlight.

Needless to say I don't like getting angry. I'd much rather cuddle thank you kindly.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't hold anger in for long too well. It wells up and I usually either let it out or just forget about it.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha, xSFJ's can be VERY MUCH ticking time bombs. My mother is an ISFJ, so I've been on the receiving end once or twice to know.

Anyway, I know a few ISFJ's, and the ones I know aren't too silly. But they are attracted to people who are. They seem to be intrigued by it, as long as it is in its proper place- work before play. I think a lot of ISFJ's tend to date/marry someone who has a good sense of humor because of this. Someone to get them doing stuff and laughing.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Eh....I don't know. I think we just quietly seethe and mull over our anger and get all passive-aggressive. Eventually we will explode and when we do HOLY PLASTIC ROCKS BATMAN because slights and misdeeds you made YEARS ago is going to get dragged back into the spotlight.

Needless to say I don't like getting angry. I'd much rather cuddle thank you kindly.

Lol .. That is something we must work on .. Oh passive aggressive :doh: Thank god it gets better with age. It is remarkable what we can remember, i shouldn't laugh. I am better at handling it, i don't allow it to fester inside anymore .. If i have a problem, you'll hear about it. Hehehe

But i agree .. Cuddles are the best :wubbie:

Haha, xSFJ's can be VERY MUCH ticking time bombs. My mother is an ISFJ, so I've been on the receiving end once or twice to know.

Anyway, I know a few ISFJ's, and the ones I know aren't too silly. But they are attracted to people who are. They seem to be intrigued by it, as long as it is in its proper place- work before play. I think a lot of ISFJ's tend to date/marry someone who has a good sense of humor because of this. Someone to get them doing stuff and laughing.

I am attracted to silly/funny people. I love laughing so it makes sense. ENTx's do it for me.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Yeah, I can vouche that ISFJ's can be ticking time bombs. One time I pissed mine off and he stormed out of the room and got in his car and sped off. I didn't see him for several hours afterward. And I had no idea what was going on. He either does that or remains particularly cold for a few hours to a day, until he FINALLY tells me what's bothering him. But until then, it's a big guessing game for me and I freaking hate it. It's so frustrating because there are things that bother him I would've never even thought of.

I just wish he'd be more open about what's bothering him. I know I should be thankful that he tells me at all, but I just wish he wouldn't let it come to a boil. At least that way the problem could be fixed quicker instead of me sitting there trying to guess what's wrong, and letting him seethe quietly over it for a long time. :\

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yeah, I can vouche that ISFJ's can be ticking time bombs. One time I pissed mine off and he stormed out of the room and got in his car and sped off. I didn't see him for several hours afterward. And I had no idea what was going on. He either does that or remains particularly cold for a few hours to a day, until he FINALLY tells me what's bothering him. But until then, it's a big guessing game for me and I freaking hate it. It's so frustrating because there are things that bother him I would've never even thought of.

I just wish he'd be more open about what's bothering him. I know I should be thankful that he tells me at all, but I just wish he wouldn't let it come to a boil. At least that way the problem could be fixed quicker instead of me sitting there trying to guess what's wrong, and letting him seethe quietly over it for a long time. :\

Oh gosh .. See this makes me feel bad. If i am pissed and i just walk away for a time out or i go completely cold, i don't think how it may affect the other person, i am just thinking how (whatever situation has arisen) it has affected me .. How selfish. I react to people though, if you are cold with me or you have hurt my feelings, i just back off, i did this yesterday with someone as they really ticked me off. Something else to work on, lol.

Again, not sure how different the I and E is here .. But for me, i need to walk away and think things through and try to reach a conclusion .. The only problem is i can make myself more situations instead of finding the solution, which can get messy in my head ..

Could you not make the suggestion to him that if he has a problem, then make you aware of it, say take a one hour time out so he can work his stuff out then bring it to your attention.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
My best friend in high school was an ISFJ (she tested as an INFJ but I think that test was a bit biased against Ss... anyway, I think she's more of an S-- she dislikes philosophy and wanted an education for a pracitcal job). And she was joking around all the time! Her "inner self", however, is more serious and sensitive and task-oriented. Perhaps being goofy was her way of connecting with other people, of expressing her Fe, as someone in this thread has suggested.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a mixed bag of seriousness and playfulness. I am really goofy when I'm feeling playful. It can get a bit out of hand. :blush:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty serious as my "default", but when I'm around friends or people I am comfortable with I'm one of the most playful of the group. It really does depend on who I'm with. :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ISFJ goofy side is like my favorite thing ever. You guys are fucking funny when you wanna be.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The ISFJ goofy side is like my favorite thing ever. You guys are fucking funny when you wanna be.

It's the Si I tell you. When they call it a "storehouse of knowledge" they fail to mention that at least half of that knowledge is memes and really bad puns

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Me and my best friend (ISFJ) totally get silly when we're together. She's usually pretty serious, but I think since my ENFP goofiness tends to show pretty often when we hang out, it encourages her to get goofy, and let me tell you, she has her fair share of ridiculous ideas too :newwink:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I often wrote silly kids books with my ISFJ coworker. I initially thought she was dreadfully serious!

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
ISFJs are quite quite silly.

Hmm.. most ISFJs I know are.

Unionruler

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's the Si I tell you. When they call it a "storehouse of knowledge" they fail to mention that at least half of that knowledge is memes and really bad puns
Haha I don't want to be tainted by the same brush. I have a second storehouse for actual knowledge =D

I come across as serious to people with no personal contact with me, and am perfectly fine with keeping it so that people who try to get to know me implicitly must have put some effort into reading me. Else have been described as witty.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ are at the same time goofy and worrysome creatures.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I find ISFJs to be quite goofy as they use Fe-Ne which is pretty much the stereotypical goofy combo. Despite stereotypes they are not bores and can be fun when they want to be (;)