User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default ISTJs enjoy unoriginal gifts?

I am struggling to find christmas gifts for a married couple who both are ISTJs. I feel like I buy them the same thing YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Their interests and tastes never seem to change, but can I really by them other candle set, puzzle, and a giftcard to their favorite restaurant?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Yes, we always like having the same thing over and over again.

Seriously speaking, personally I hate receiving gifts. Why? Because most often people buy me things I don't need, and that makes me think that:

- They don't know me well enough to buy me a gift I'd need.
    - They wasted their money on something I didn't like. It's like throwing money away.
    - I didn't bother to buy me something original, something that's specifically meant for me. I mean, you can buy a box of chocolate to just anyone. What's the point in giving a gift anyone can get for themselves?
    - They bought me a gift just because it's a custom, rather than actually wanting to give it.

What I like in having gifts is the originality of gift. And a thought that someone spent time and effort getting me a gift I'd like. Or just receiving something extremely useful.

And my tastes never change, because I know what I like. But I could use some help at picking up some cool clothes. I hate shopping, so if someone can do that for me, I'm pleased.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Habba, you pretty much explained all the things that go on in my head while I am shopping! What if this is just something stupid, what if they are offended by the unthoughtfulness of this gift.

The thing is, I know this couple pretty well. I know the things they like, but I am someone who buys fun things for people, but not practical things. so I feel like I can't find a happy medium.

They are simple living, enjoy movies, going out to eat (no where fancy) and just sitting around playing games. They are very practical but since they don't enjoy fancy things, or new technologies, I don't know how to get out of the rut that I am in... any advice??

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post

Seriously speaking, personally I hate receiving gifts. Why? Because most often people buy me things I don't need, and that makes me think that:

- They wasted their money on something I didn't like. It's like throwing money away.
    - I didn't bother to buy me something original, something that's specifically meant for me. I mean, you can buy a box of chocolate to just anyone. What's the point in giving a gift anyone can get for themselves?
    - They bought me a gift just because it's a custom, rather than actually wanting to give it.

What I like in having gifts is the originality of gift. And a thought that someone spent time and effort getting me a gift I'd like. Or just receiving something extremely useful.

And my tastes never change, because I know what I like. But I could use some help at picking up some cool clothes. I hate shopping, so if someone can do that for me, I'm pleased.
    Yes, this. Having consistent tastes has nothing to do with originality of the gift. Do some people's tastes change annually?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What's an urinal gift ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Habba, you pretty much explained all the things that go on in my head while I am shopping! What if this is just something stupid, what if they are offended by the unthoughtfulness of this gift.

The thing is, I know this couple pretty well. I know the things they like, but I am someone who buys fun things for people, but not practical things. so I feel like I can't find a happy medium.

They are simple living, enjoy movies, going out to eat (no where fancy) and just sitting around playing games. They are very practical but since they don't enjoy fancy things, or new technologies, I don't know how to get out of the rut that I am in... any advice??
    What kind of games do they play? Do they have some kind of rec room/family room where they watch movies? What about something like an old-style popcorn maker?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    What kind of games do they play? I personally enjoy board games, so do few other SJs I know. Especially those that are wacky and humorous. The last game of that sort was "Gloom", a game where you lead a family of mishaps, and try to make their lives as miserable as possible. Makes a great game for christmas.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    What's an urinal gift ?
    Some lysol and a stall.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Some lysol and a stall.
    Yaya, just make jokes on my head cause I dont speak your langauge.
    Chauvis !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTJ

What kind of games do they play? I personally enjoy board games, so do few other SJs I know. Especially those that are wacky and humorous. The last game of that sort was "Gloom", a game where you lead a family of mishaps, and try to make their lives as miserable as possible. Makes a great game for christmas.
    LOL! Yes, Habba is right.

I will also add a line to his first post: I dislike receiving gifts because then I am compelled to get that individual a gift.... and I SUCK at picking out gifts.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]