User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I dislike gift cards too. Gift card is less valuable than money, while still costing the same amount. Any shop takes money, but only one kind of store takes specific gift cards.
    So true. Give me cash, and forget about the gift card.

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    If it was up to me, gifts would be illegal.
    :1377:

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    I love gifts, I just don't like Christmas because people who don't normally care what I'm doing most of the year are suddenly giving me gifts out of obligation.
    And you're complaining about that? I don't see anything wrong with that.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    And you're complaining about that? I don't see anything wrong with that.
    It's not "wrong" per se. It's just when I know certain people talk about me and judge me and/or really don't care how I'm doing most of the year, I don't take their gifts at Christmas seriously, because they're doing it out of obligation, not because they care about me.

A person who cares about me and to whom Christmas is also important is different, I would accept the gift in a different spirit, even if to me Christmas doesn't mean much because I know what it means to them.

I just don't like the hypocrisy and then I have to sit there and smile and act grateful and appreciative of the same people above and what they gave me.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

It's not "wrong" per se. It's just when I know certain people talk about me and judge me and/or really don't care how I'm doing most of the year, I don't take their gifts at Christmas seriously, because they're doing it out of obligation, not because they care about me.
    Exactly.

If you like me, show it when it's not obligated.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

My ISTJ likes video games, gadgets(the newest ones), and food. Oh, and very nice shoes and clothes. A gift card that would help get any of the above would suffice as well.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    I

A person who cares about me and to whom Christmas is also important is different, I would accept the gift in a different spirit, even if to me Christmas doesn't mean much because I know what it means to them.

I just don't like the hypocrisy and then I have to sit there and smile and act grateful and appreciative of the same people above and what they gave me.
    Ah I see, I don't look that much into it. I'm just happy I get a gift, haha.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Get 'em stuff they need! Doesn't matter if it's boring or not (if they're like me). One of my favorite gifts last year was a hot pot! 'cause I needed one So if you ever hear them complaining about, say, their toaster, which doesn't work...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!