User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    Can you cook? Bake them something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most xSTJ's would enjoy something they could use.

Yup.

MBTI
    I

If it were me, I'd be happy with video games or $$.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    He is the kind of guy who asks for socks and underwear every year. Unoriginal. Yet, he likes it and expects it. So I guess I'll just go along doing the same old thing. Lol
    Socks and underwear? Wtf, one year I got socks for my birthday and I was PISSED off.

Can you cook? Bake them something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most xSTJ's would enjoy something they could use.
    I love desserts, but if it were me, I would not want it as a present because I like something with lasting value.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I love desserts, but if it were me, I would not want it as a present because I like something with lasting value.
    A stapler?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    I

A stapler?
    lol, I would not want a stapler as a gift because it deals with work. If it deals with work, I don't regard it as a "gift".

your resident asshole

What if it were a fancy stapler?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    What if it were a fancy stapler?
    [YOUTUBE="ZI50ZxNKvio"]A fancy stapler[/YOUTUBE]
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    He is the kind of guy who asks for socks and underwear every year. Unoriginal. Yet, he likes it and expects it. So I guess I'll just go along doing the same old thing. Lol
    That sounds consistent with the comments of not wanting to receive gifts and the reasons that followed. Socks and underwear are like the non-gift, but in the end are at least useful. Money isn't wasted, little is spent, but the result is useful to the same degree as the investment that went into it. That's my guess. My aunt is an ISTJ and is clear about not accepting gifts at the holiday. Still, she has a heart of gold and was has been a wonderful support to me through the years. I've been thinking about her and wanting to get her something unobtrusive - at least a card with a well thought out message.

Perhaps a gift card to a book store or coffee shop? It isn't original, but still allows the person to suit themselves to some degree.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Perhaps a gift card to a book store or coffee shop? It isn't original, but still allows the person to suit themselves to some degree.
    I dislike gift cards too. Gift card is less valuable than money, while still costing the same amount. Any shop takes money, but only one kind of store takes specific gift cards. And it's almost impossible to use gift cards without paying little extra, or not using your gift card wholy.

If it was up to me, gifts would be illegal. :1377:
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ENFJ

Baking something sounds like it would be a good idea, but I'd keep it plain just in case they didn't like a certain fruit/were allergic to nuts/etc. Gingerbread cookies? I don't know.

I'm probably not an xSTJ but my favorite gifts are 1) ones that I use a lot and 2) something that I couldn't buy on my own (especially from out-of-town places). Don't know if this would help you though, unless you're going out of town before you have to get them a gift.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    My aunt is an ISTJ and is clear about not accepting gifts at the holiday. Still, she has a heart of gold and was has been a wonderful support to me through the years. I've been thinking about her and wanting to get her something unobtrusive - at least a card with a well thought out message.

I love gifts, I just don't like Christmas because people who don't normally care what I'm doing most of the year are suddenly giving me gifts out of obligation. I like gifts when they're expressions of something sincere and show the person understands my uniqueness.

If your aunt is anything like me and you really do appreciate her it I don't think it would be obtrusive to get her something beyond a gift card that communicates that appreciation and recognition. I don't think any type would mind that. And it seems that it's the holiday thing that she has an issue with rather than gifts in general? Maybe write the message or present the gift in such a way that Christmas is only a secondary reason for the gift.