User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

He is the kind of guy who asks for socks and underwear every year. Unoriginal. Yet, he likes it and expects it. So I guess I'll just go along doing the same old thing. Lol

your resident asshole

He likes getting socks and underwear? Sounds like one craaaaazy dude.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I find it hard to imagine anyone who actually likes getting socks and underwear every year. Are you sure he isn't just being polite? ISTJs can be very polite I think, for me it can be like a defence mechanism when dealing with troublesome situations.

E.g. Christmas is really important to my ISFJ mother-in-law. I couldn't care less about it but I have to go along with it because of the family. She always wants to know what I want for Christmas, she sincerely wants to get something that will please me. But she will never be able to get anything that really pleases me because for me the best gift is something really original from the heart, and I just don't have that kind of relationship with her, so it doesn't matter what object she gets me. But I have to say what I want, so I either ask for something very useful, or if there's nothing useful I need, like this year, I ask for something that will be no trouble for her to get. So I will ask for some random book probably. And show my appreciation and that I like it. Even if I don't really “like” it on the level she wants me to like the gift. I don't know if this is the same for other ISTJs.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Yes, we always like having the same thing over and over again.

Seriously speaking, personally I hate receiving gifts. Why? Because most often people buy me things I don't need, and that makes me think that:

- They don't know me well enough to buy me a gift I'd need.
    - They wasted their money on something I didn't like. It's like throwing money away.
    - I didn't bother to buy me something original, something that's specifically meant for me. I mean, you can buy a box of chocolate to just anyone. What's the point in giving a gift anyone can get for themselves?
    - They bought me a gift just because it's a custom, rather than actually wanting to give it.

What I like in having gifts is the originality of gift. And a thought that someone spent time and effort getting me a gift I'd like. Or just receiving something extremely useful.

And my tastes never change, because I know what I like. But I could use some help at picking up some cool clothes. I hate shopping, so if someone can do that for me, I'm pleased.

What he said. I don't enjoy the same boring gifts, btw. I like different stuff, and it's more about the thought, but if it's something that I can use, and the giver knows this, it makes it a better gift for me.

Like my gf gave me one of those custom made bears, and she recorded a little song that the bear sings when I squeeze his paw. I appreciated it, but after 2 days or so, the bear was back in it's box and in the closet. I have no need for the bear. Seriously I would chuck it but because she'll most likely end up my wife I'll keep it. But I have no use for it; it's only taking up space.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Can you cook? Bake them something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most xSTJ's would enjoy something they could use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I find it hard to imagine anyone who actually likes getting socks and underwear every year. Are you sure he isn't just being polite? ISTJs can be very polite I think, for me it can be like a defence mechanism when dealing with troublesome situations.
    Yeah, it is unbelievable but he LIKES getting them. He is very polite but since he is an ISTJ he can be pretty blunt in admitting if something isn't right for him. I personally have never bought him underwear haha, i leave that to his family.

He and his wife (the ISTJ couple) are much older than me, so they pretty much have everything I think they need. As I said, I think if I bought something super expensive they would be offended since they enjoying living a simple life.

I like the idea of baking them something, but do you think they'll take offense that that is nearly next to nothing in cost?

aahh my Ne is going haywire!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Get them movie tickets.

Costco - Movie Tickets

They probably sell them for cheaper in the Costco store if you go there.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    I like the idea of baking them something, but do you think they'll take offense that that is nearly next to nothing in cost?
    Your time isn't free, now is it? So there are hidden costs there.

I don't like baking myself, but I do like eating bakery stuff. Especially "Joulutorttu", something similar to "Puff Pastry". They usually have apple or plum jam as filling. "Joulutorttu" is as christmas as it gets.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Yeah, it is unbelievable but he LIKES getting them. He is very polite but since he is an ISTJ he can be pretty blunt in admitting if something isn't right for him. I personally have never bought him underwear haha, i leave that to his family.

He and his wife (the ISTJ couple) are much older than me, so they pretty much have everything I think they need. As I said, I think if I bought something super expensive they would be offended since they enjoying living a simple life.

aahh my Ne is going haywire!
    They will most likely appreciate it. $$ doesn't make the gift. Unless your cooking sends people to the emergency room.