User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xNFJ

An ISTJ I knew once gave a disdainful look to a group of people walking in front of us with a dress style that I don't think exists in the USA, and said 'I hate [people with that style]'. 'Why?' 'They don't CARE how they LOOK'. Haha, I was quite confused about why this was offensive to her, or at all negative, but perhaps it is because high-Si people are so aware of their reactions to sensory information that they believe anyone dressing in a way that affects them negatively is either doing it on purpose, or just inconsiderate.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i've noticed that SJs are good at pointing out flaws in people. I have an SJ friend who constantly points out something on me that is flawed..like he is perfect or something. One day he told me that my body was nice, but my face could use work, and then one day he told me that i had a huge nose.
    I often get pretty offended by it, because he isn't very attractive at all, but i don't sit around telling him what makes him unattractive. I've noticed that a lot of SJs are really focused on whats on the outside.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    yupp

People who get offended by someone who dressed a certain way makes me consider walking around naked, and knocking on every SJ's door that has ever made a negative comment about my appearance.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    People like that always made me consider walking around naked.
    And people like you make me glad we have indecent exposure laws. It's one thing to make a statement or be shocking/unusual in what you wear. I don't always like it, but I accept their right to do so. It's another to just be completely gross and go around naked.

MBTI
    yupp

Geez, never said I would. It's kind of my point that they're are worse things in the world then clothes.Besides I kind of think I look ok naked.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

All I know is that my dad worked out all the people who don't like his longer-than-shoulder-length hair tend to not pay up when he's done working on their supermarket case freezer. On the other hand, the people who didn't have a problem with his hair always found a way to pay up. Read into that whatever you want.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    The types who have criticized my appearance in the past have been SJ the majority of the time from what I gather.

I am male who has in the past let his hair grow out a bit. Why does this offend certain SJ's?

Side Note: I have also been harassed by an ESFJ for my choice of clothes and criticized by an ISFJ. Why do some SJ's think they have the best sense of style?

Or are these just isolated cases? Is there a right way to appear according to the SJ personality?
    Be tidy but cheap.
    Then you do not offend anybody.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    i've noticed that SJs are good at pointing out flaws in people. I have an SJ friend who constantly points out something on me that is flawed..like he is perfect or something. One day he told me that my body was nice, but my face could use work, and then one day he told me that i had a huge nose.
    I often get pretty offended by it, because he isn't very attractive at all, but i don't sit around telling him what makes him unattractive. I've noticed that a lot of SJs are really focused on whats on the outside.
    The problem with someone who points out flaws in other people lies in the fact that they are not perfect. I had a friend who would always call attention to other people and his perception of their shortcomings. I stopped being friends with him. Who wants to be around someone who will at any moment bring up something you have done in the past that offended them and who can't take it when you point out what they have done to you.

No one is perfect. The idea is completely illogical.

I feel I should point out that I at times become critical of others while I am stressed out. Have learned to understand this aspect of myself and come back to the real problem when it happens. I think this is called self awareness and I think people who lack it prey on other people to project their own flaws.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My sister-in-law is an ISFJ and I don't remember her ever making a negative remark about my clothes or appearance, but she is very quick to tell me when I've done something right. She likes my new(-ish) glasses.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Well said Jennifer, I know I'm like this. The best example in my life of this concept is getting drunk and the whole "bar scene." I don't see why people enjoy or even put themselves in the position where they are stupidly drunk. I have been around plenty of people who use alcohol for a good time, and some who use it as an escape. Either way it never ends up well. I've had friends puke everywhere, fall over and blackout, get themselves very sick, and just make poor choices in general. Voluntarily putting myself in a situation like that has no appeal to me. I stay very detached and analytical in those situations. I do drink socially, but in moderation. The worst I've been is pretty tipsy and that was in the company of my close friends...people I know I can trust and will take care of me.
    I respect this approach to drinking sociably. Alcohol can be a dependency which prevents the development of social skills. Like you said a coping mechanism. In the past, I would drink to become an extrovert. Now I have no desire for inauthenticity.