User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post
    Oh I wouldn't know, I only watched Law and Order (SVU) two years ago during winter break because there were constant marathons and I just had knee surgery so I was confined to my bed I'm a t.v. show whore though, I have tons of t.v. shows on dvd!
    Do those sound SJ-like?
    I admit, having a collection of TV shows on DVD is rather SJ-like feature.
    Gotta catch 'em all, know what I mean!

I'd say my favorite shows at the moment are Battlestar Galactica (I miss it )...
    BSG is (space) soap opera.

The pictures kind of a represent a moment where I'm by myself and can just close my eyes and think outside of the reality that I usually enjoy living in..
    A-ha! So, maybe you are truely an INFP, who's being forced to act like an SJ due to prevailing circumstances! (No, I'm never giving this up.)

Also, I'd like to add that BlackCat is also a hibernating INFP. Cat-pictures gave him up.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Is your collection also organized by genre?

BSG is (space) soap opera.
    True. Still a great show though.

A-ha! So, maybe you are truely an INFP, who's being forced to act like an SJ due to prevailing circumstances! (No, I'm never giving this up.)
    Everyone in my family is xNFP (parents) or xSFP (sister) so, if anything, they pressure me to be more like that but I always resist and stick with my SJ. Growing up around "P"s drove me crazy because they would never plan for things and I love making detailed schedules and I dislike changes in plans or uncertainty. And growing up around all "F"s was frustrating too! If I wanted something I'd also make a logical and well structured argument (sometimes even passing out a binder with an outline of that argument, the actual argument, and examples of what I wanted ) and they looked at me like I was crazy.

And whenever I argue with my xNFP parents they get mad because I don't show any ~emotions and they think I'm cold and businesslike. I told them that I'd rather have someone calmly discuss something with me in a cold business-like manner, then have someone be overemotional and scream out expletives at me. They disagree.

Also, I'd like to add that BlackCat is also a hibernating INFP. Cat-pictures gave him up.
    I think you have an underlying obsession with INFPs. Perhaps you're projecting your own wishes onto us?

Hmm, your STJ levels do look fairly low...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Everyone in my family is xNFP or xSFP so, if anything, they pressure me to be more like that but I always resist and stick with my SJ. Growing up around "P"s drove me crazy because they would never plan for things and I love making detailed schedules and I dislike changes in plans or uncertainty. And growing up around all "F"s was frustrating too! If I wanted something I'd also make a logical and well structured argument (sometimes even passing out a binder with an outline of that argument, the actual argument, and examples of what I wanted ) and they looked at me like I was crazy.
    Oh, that's an interesting situation. My family was a complete opposite. STJ rule was pretty strong back there. There should be a law about even distribution of types amongst families...

And whenever I argue with my xNFP parents they get mad because I don't show any ~emotions and they think I'm cold and businesslike. I told them that I'd rather have someone calmly discuss something with me in a cold business-like manner, then have someone be overemotional and scream out expletives at me. They disagree.
    I don't even recall emotions being discussed in my family...

I think you have an underlying obsession with INFPs. Perhaps you wish to be one?
    Would you like me to be one?
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Oh, that's an interesting situation. My family was a complete opposite. STJ rule was pretty strong back there. There should be a law about even distribution of types amongst families...
    You had an STJ in the house? My friends always complained about their STJ parents and kept telling me how "cool" my ENFP parents were. I actually got along with their STJ parents quite well and kept telling them that they "weren't so bad".

There definitely needs to be a balance. It was like I was always the odd one out in the family!

I don't even recall emotions being discussed in my family...
    That sounds nice. In my family there were always emotions flying off everywhere every.single.second. of the day it seemed. And they always talked about their feelings and wanted to know why I never said "I love you" or hugged them enough ever.

I'm not as strong of an ISTJ as I used to be though, so we get along better now. Or perhaps that's just because I'm older and no longer live with them (and therefore don't have to deal with them on a daily basis, haha).

Would you like me to be one?
    Do you want a hug?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

LOL.... is this what it's like what two ISTJ's flirt?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    LOL.... is this what it's like what two ISTJ's flirt?
    ISTJs don't know how to flirt.

Unless that ISTJ is named Eagle. Apparently he has "skills" in that area and d@v3 is envious.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Yes, catch them all even if that means seven seasons worth. And they must be watched in order!

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    I hope you don't mean soap operas, because I'll kill you. 'Course, I could be an NT.
    No way.

Why did I choose those pics? To me, those pictures represent a moment when I'm not planning something, not being a sarcastic smart ass, not planning for the future or trying to decide what needs to be done right now, not being around other people and feeling awkward because I don't ~feel things like they do or open up easily or respond well to "touchy feely" stuff or spontaneity.

The pictures kind of a represent a moment where I'm by myself and can just close my eyes and think outside of the reality that I usually enjoy living in, the responsibilities that I usually take on, and the worries that my 6w5 consantly makes me think about.

I guess, in less words, the picture shows: a moment of self-reflection and indulgence. Which is what the MBTI is for me. So it was appropriate for this site.

Sorry for the long answer!
    Very interesting. I didn't know ISTJ's had these kind of self reflections. I will have to observe them more closely to see if I can catch any glimpses of it. That would be interesting, indeed.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

mistaken for ENFJ during job interviews.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

entj's often see me as someone they can relate to, especially in the beginning. Starting sentences with "people like us" or saying, "you and I are SO alike." I don't know why. I think some people at work see me this way, too. Especially newer people. Since i'm quite a delegator when shit hits the fan.
    I've gotten this with a couple of entp's as well. Its bizzare, both types are quite opposite of me.
    Many of my friends are super extraverted and would see me as a definite ISFP, but they may or may not be right, can't tell.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That means he just really likes us!

Quote Originally Posted by wrldisquiethere View Post
    Very interesting. I didn't know ISTJ's had these kind of self reflections. I will have to observe them more closely to see if I can catch any glimpses of it. That would be interesting, indeed.
    That would be introversion.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)