First 23456 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    It's a great way to fuck with stereotypes and pre-conceived MBTI notions. PS - that was not very NT of you.
    I try to keep 'em guessing.

(Gotta keep up the charade! Actually, I'm an ESTJ preparing my full-fledged conquest of the forumz!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Funny how that works.
    Well, I just think that every action you take represents your personality. Whether you choose to use your photo as an avatar, or do you prefer something compeletely abstract. There's plethora of other small details to notice that will tell of your personality.

I've been rather successful at typing people by photos, and what I see in that picture is completely against all things I consider ISTJish. The only plausable exception would be that it's intentionally meant to be non-ISTJ. But why would anyone post a picture that doesn't represent themself?

Let's hear it from the lady herself! What's the story behind the (lovely) pictures!
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Well, I just think that every action you take represents your personality. Whether you choose to use your photo as an avatar, or do you prefer something compeletely abstract. There's plethora of other small details to notice that will tell of your personality.
    I'm actually a "profiler" type myself in how I work.

The problem is that there are MANY reasons why someone might use a particular picture... and many of them say nothing substantial on their own about the person and their core personality.

The "how/why" matters more than the "what," and all data has to be looked at holistically and not as an isolated point.

I've been rather successful at typing people by photos, and what I see in that picture is completely against all things I consider ISTJish. The only plausable exception would be that it's intentionally meant to be non-ISTJ. But why would anyone post a picture that doesn't represent themself?
    Many different reasons, but this is the most important:

Let's hear it from the lady herself! What's the story behind the (lovely) pictures!
    Yup. Let's find out why she chose those pics.
    That will tell you more than the mere presence of them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glycerine

Some sort of SJ- people think I am REALLY detail-oriented because I go into a lot of detail on certain topics and I can be over-the-top w/ seeking specifics (to compensate for my spaciness)

INFP- because an INFP thought we connected well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

my goal is to one day be mistaken for an ESTJ

hopefully this is possible on one of my manic trips

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

If the pictures in your avatar/profile page are yours, then I say you are INFP. And that it's YOU who have been mistaken.
    An INFP? Why do all of you ISTJ males keep trying to kick me out of the "ISTJ group"? Tsk, tsk. I'm staying.

How is an ISTJ female supposed to look like? Have shorter hair? Not wear a dress? Have a military-focused avatar? An avatar proclaiming love for the history channel?

Not many people know about MBTI in my circles... and most of them only know what I've told them, so they really can't have much opinions about my type.. Which is sad. Where can I find buy MBTI-aware friends?
    Hmm, most of the people I know who are MBTI-aware in real life are INFx types. Maybe you could go somewhere where they would be?

Perhaps if the picture is a representation of a side of the ISTJ that not most people don't get to see? A glimpse behind the ISTJ wall and another layer or aspect of my personality?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yup. Let's find out why she chose those pics.
    That will tell you more than the mere presence of them.
    Why did I choose those pics? To me, those pictures represent a moment when I'm not planning something, not being a sarcastic smart ass, not planning for the future or trying to decide what needs to be done right now, not being around other people and feeling awkward because I don't ~feel things like they do or open up easily or respond well to "touchy feely" stuff or spontaneity.

The pictures kind of a represent a moment where I'm by myself and can just close my eyes and think outside of the reality that I usually enjoy living in, the responsibilities that I usually take on, and the worries that my 6w5 consantly makes me think about.

I guess, in less words, the picture shows: a moment of self-reflection and indulgence. Which is what the MBTI is for me. So it was appropriate for this site.

Sorry for the long answer!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by wrldisquiethere View Post
    See my topic on that. I'm not sure if I'm confused about all of this or not.
    I hope you don't mean soap operas, because I'll kill you. 'Course, I could be an NT.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    I hope you don't mean soap operas, because I'll kill you. 'Course, I could be an NT.
    Soap operas = NF? What about SJs? ...Law and Order?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post
    Soap operas = NF? What about SJs? ...Law and Order?
    Soap operas suck. Law and Order jumped the shark a long time ago.
    Smallville is probably the most soapy show I watch, and that I only watch because of the superheroes.

(You don't even need an ENTP when you have me derailing!)
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Oh I wouldn't know, I only watched Law and Order (SVU) two years ago during winter break because there were constant marathons and I just had knee surgery so I was confined to my bed I'm a t.v. show whore though, I have tons of t.v. shows on dvd!

I stopped watching Smallville a long time ago though. I'd say my favorite shows at the moment are Battlestar Galactica (I miss it ), Arrested Development (yay for a movie!) and Friday Night Lights (amazing and under appreciated). Do those sound SJ-like?