User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Perfect J/P balance

I think it is expressed in this quote:

"Over Prepare, then go with the Flow".

This was among 40 or so other nuggets of wisdom I received in a chain email. LOL

My girlfriend's a P, I'm a J. She wants more flexibility and spontaneity from me, I want some definition and structure from her.

This screams the need to be balanced in living our lives.

Agree/Disagree? Thoughts?

Do you think it's possible?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post

This was among 40 or so other nuggets of wisdom I received in a chain email. LOL

My girlfriend's a P, I'm a J. She wants more flexibility and spontaneity from me, I want some definition and structure from her.

"Hope for the best.. prepare for the worst"... This is kind of the same thing..

I have only seen a few of your posts.. But I can see you are in conflict and not feeling so secure about things..
    You should examine it, as you are.. But You have to ask yourself what is really worrying you so much

MBTI
    ESFJ

I used to be a strong J and my ex used to be a P .. And ohhhh, was his actions and not being decisive capable of pissing me off .. Lol .. I laugh now.

The last test i took put me at 52J, 48P .. And oh my gosh does it make a difference now ... I can see my J so much sometimes and then at other times, i love my P .. It is like i have stopped caring so much and it is great that my house can be a mess .. I'll clean it eventually or if i am bored.

Trying to be borderline on it .. Makes a world of difference .. You stop sweating stuff and start living ..

Live and let live darling .. Could be dead tomorrow .. Well hopefully not, but you know what i mean
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think I'm very close to borderline. I've got my relax thing going on and sometimes I keep my options open yet at other times I would quickly decide on the spot.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I agree with the OP thought.

I like to think through and plan for the eventualities, to minimize and compensate for risk.
    However at some point you just have to let go and then trust your planning and competence at riding things out and MAKING them work no matter what potholes you hit. You can't plan for everything.

If you keep planning during a time for action, your chance for failure increases.
    If you just leap into things without adequate preparation, your chance for failure increases.
    You have to plan appropriately, then trust yourself and ride the ride.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFJ

Everyone will always use their own flavor but yes balance is possible. Not in the sense that your Jness = Pness, but that you're striking a balance between your natural tendencies and other equally valid alternatives. Obviously you can't still be yourself if your natural tendencies stop guiding you for the most part, but other systems will help you see the flaws in your own.

Even if balance weren't possible it's a good goal to aim for.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    "Hope for the best.. prepare for the worst"... This is kind of the same thing..

I have only seen a few of your posts.. But I can see you are in conflict and not feeling so secure about things..
    You should examine it, as you are.. But You have to ask yourself what is really worrying you so much

Conflict? Ehh....

I'm in the process of making the biggest decision in my life, and this statement is so appropriate for me, at this time.

I do know that it's going to take time and work..to figure it all out.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I agree with the OP thought.

I like to think through and plan for the eventualities, to minimize and compensate for risk.
    However at some point you just have to let go and then trust your planning and competence at riding things out and MAKING them work no matter what potholes you hit. You can't plan for everything.

If you keep planning during a time for action, your chance for failure increases.
    If you just leap into things without adequate preparation, your chance for failure increases.
    You have to plan appropriately, then trust yourself and ride the ride

Good stuff right there!!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Being borderline can be tough too.

It stresses me out how messy I can let things get before I freak out and clean like I have OCD.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Conflict? Ehh....

I'm in the process of making the biggest decision in my life, and this statement is so appropriate for me, at this time.

I do know that it's going to take time and work..to figure it all out.
    You have Intuition.. even if you are an S.. You have feelings.. even if you are a T.. Balance would be listening and giving value to your weaker functions..
    Anything that raises a question about a judgment or perception is your weaker functions trying to be heard..and They ought to be listened to..

Love doesn't ask too many questions.. know what I mean?