User Tag List

First 234

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I almost choked on my apple- there's nothing FUN in trying to figure stuff out at the last moment! LOL.
    No, I know that's the case for you. I'm trying to give you the perceiver p.o.v.. I know what you need to do and I have no problem with it. Also, I know you are trying to accommodate for your gf and I commend you for it.

Yeah, I'll speak in extremes, I suppose, but I don't necessarily mean it or feel it all that strongly. A lot of times I'm just playing devil's advocate, just a way of getting another point of view across.

I guess I'm just wondering, literally, what you mean by over prepare. I'm just curious. Like how detailed do you get in your preparations?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Trying to figure stuff out at the last second is only fun when you have enough background knowledge stored in your brain that the stress factor makes a million ideas that you already had immediately apparent and available to you. In other words, your experience flows forth like a bursting dam of knowledge that has been stored away for the proper moment.

However, if you are trying to figure out things at the last second and have no beeping clue what you're doing, that's no fun at all.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    No, I know that's the case for you. I'm trying to give you the perceiver p.o.v.. I know what you need to do and I have no problem with it. Also, I know you are trying to accommodate for your gf and I commend you for it.

Yeah, I'll speak in extremes, I suppose, but I don't necessarily mean it or feel it all that strongly. A lot of times I'm just playing devil's advocate, just a way of getting another point of view across.

I guess I'm just wondering, literally, what you mean by over prepare. I'm just curious. Like how detailed do you get in your preparations?
    In this context I hear over preparing meaning to prepare well enough to make you comfortable with the situation, then go with what comes your way. Don't do exclisively either. Do both.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Trying to figure stuff out at the last second is only fun when you have enough background knowledge stored in your brain that the stress factor makes a million ideas that you already had immediately apparent and available to you. In other words, your experience flows forth like a bursting dam of knowledge that has been stored away for the proper moment.

However, if you are trying to figure out things at the last second and have no beeping clue what you're doing, that's no fun at all.
    This is Truth- I become the greatest in the 11th hour.

In the beginning I start slowly, getting a sense of what kind of time it's going to take. Once I'm comfortable with that, then I'll kind of go at it a little slower, picking up the pace in the last minute. But if I have no background info on it, going at it cold, I'm in trouble.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Relax, buddy.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    "Over Prepare, then go with the Flow".
    This sounds a whole lot like me.