• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are ISFJs the better INFJs ?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Neither is better than the other because of type.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am still looking for the 'separate Ni from Si' spectrometre

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
What do you mean ISFJs aren't special or done anything? Awesome. If you are having issues I would contact a mental health professional instead of people on the internet. Those people licensed, have years of education and experience. God only knows who you would be getting on the internet to help you with your I assume serious problems. Check with our insurance company to see who accepts your insurance for mental health services. These days mental health issues receive the same coverages as issues with your physical health. I have been seeing one for over a year and it has really helped. Plus you forgot to mention that isfjs are often so much better looking then infjs too.

Zen_alpha

MBTI Type
MIND
Enneagram
5w6
Any thoughts ?

First of all, are you sure those people you met were INFJ / ISFJ ?

I had someone who I thought his type is ISFJ, but turned out it was INTP . And, another who managed to fool everyone acting like INFJ, but he was ISTP. The problem was the accuracy of the test.
What makes the test accurate in it's result, if the person who answer it is a human being? What if that person choose different answers for some reason?

I still don't know much about MBTI theory, I read books, but I still find it not clear yet. So, maybe I was wrong about their type too.

Instead I met arrogance, abusive behavior, the occasional bragging about them being like god, when it comes to their abilities or sheer ignorance.
I met an INFP who was prideful, and I was surprised. It's just like how true colors said that blue are emotional and care about Feelings and all these "lies" as fact. Like they are the "harmless, clean and fluffy" being in meaning.
That INFP was annoying when he was giving me the passive-aggressive behaviors. And, he had stupid reason that is irrelevant to this topic.

As for ISFJ, I know one now. She mistaken herself to INFJ , but then she found out that she is ISFJ. She remained the same before and after learning her type.

There many things missing in MBTI theory. For example, someone in this forum who was speaking as he/she is ISFP, but then found out that his/her type is ESFP.
Take an example the cognitive functions, there is 8 functions, and yet these functions are still not clear. ISFP main functions are Fi Se Ni Te according to the MBTI theory
And, ESFP are Se Fi Te Ni. I also remember somewhere that there was an INTP who thought that he was INTJ and there is a big different between Dom-Ne, Aux-Ti and Dom-Ni, Aux-Te.

Another example, maybe my type as ESFP is not right too. Maybe it is, but I'm 5w6 and Green in true color. How can someone prove that?

MBTI is useful as a way to "explain" some behaviors, but I think all these description for each type is still missing a lot of info. Not to mention that a person development depends on the person environment and traditions.
Most people miss this fact. Either that person is INFJ or INFP or "any type you want".

If I were you, I will take Generalist advice. Depending if that expert is "really" an expert.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
And the general idea behind it was: when I for example ask a personal query about something in which I dont referance mbti at all, I am looking for someone to give me a personal answer aswell. But instead people use mbti terms to explain my issue and I just cant work with that. And after that I get angry and start to get them out of their hideout in mbti and of course this doesnt work. So communication leads to frustration.

This speaks for me as well. I don't reference mbti, ever, irl, when I'm trying to communicate with people. I say trying, because it doesn't work. Virtually everyone I know communicates in a mbti way and I think that's fine in some areas, but not when you're really trying to communicate irl. It's offensive to me, it's like they take it too far. Like they got stuck in mbti shit and can't get out of the muck. Nothing ever gets done that way. I sometimes think it's because they're scared to be "real".

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
OK I'll bite.

Ni: Would could be
Si: What has been

Faced with a given problem, Ni will try and imagine what could be out of "nothing" (this is why Ni is confusing, quite hard to explain). Si will draw on a store of past experiences and knowledge for the same purpose. So they're fundamentally different to each other, and bring different strengths and weaknesses. Probably by its very nature, Ni is the more imaginative. However it's not perfect and comes with a limited memory capacity and coordination problems. People strong in Si are like dictionaries, they usually have very clear, vivid memories, the Ni user simply can't do that because they don't focus on the past.

You can usually tell which one someone uses through their posts, after a while, at least with people for whom one of the two is dom/aux. Do they subconsciously draw on the past and present (Si) or try to imagine the future (Ni)? I often find debates especially helpful this way, because everyone has their own unique style and you're forced to draw on your function order.

ISFJs are generally easy to tell from INFJs but I can't do it through a Type Me thread because people always give loaded descriptions, designed to push us towards a specific type. Watch, wait and all shall be revealed.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
FTR: I believe most people on here are accurately typed. We don't need another "thou art false, a false INFJ" witchhunt full of PMS and angst.

However I will say this - if you are feeling depressed, you must be aware that this can distort perception and hence an accurate typing. Depressed Ts often self-type as Fs and vice versa...many depressives will also wrongly type as Enneagram 4s. Sometimes it is best to not get hung up on labels, and wait until you feel better.

And for Sensors who feel bad about their type, understand this: a society composed only, or even mainly of iNtuitives would cease to function overnight :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
OK I'll bite.

Ni: Would could be
Si: What has been

Faced with a given problem, Ni will try and imagine what could be out of "nothing" (this is why Ni is confusing, quite hard to explain). Si will draw on a store of past experiences and knowledge for the same purpose. So they're fundamentally different to each other, and bring different strengths and weaknesses. Probably by its very nature, Ni is the more imaginative. However it's not perfect and comes with a limited memory capacity and coordination problems. People strong in Si are like dictionaries, they usually have very clear, vivid memories, the Ni user simply can't do that because they don't focus on the past.

You can usually tell which one someone uses through their posts, after a while, at least with people for whom one of the two is dom/aux. Do they subconsciously draw on the past and present (Si) or try to imagine the future (Ni)? I often find debates especially helpful this way, because everyone has their own unique style and you're forced to draw on your function order.

ISFJs are generally easy to tell from INFJs but I can't do it through a Type Me thread because people always give loaded descriptions, designed to push us towards a specific type. Watch, wait and all shall be revealed.

And what does it give you, when you know someone is this or that Type?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
And what does it give you, when you know someone is this or that Type?

How do I feel about it? I don't know; maybe a slight sense of reward, I can indulge myself for successfully doing what nobody else has managed to do. As for the person themselves, my opinion of them is unchanged. Your type shouldn't define the way you see yourself; something I always look out for is people essentially parroting back type descriptions in their own words.

Because I don't believe anyone can be a perfect stereotype, should I find one my first impression is that the person must be affected, cultivating it.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yes, I agree, you don't have to stick with the first therapist you pick, you do have the option of finding the one that works best for you. Good luck.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm going to give you a different picture:

Both Ni and Si take information from the past, Si takes sensational impressions (what was it like in that moment?) to remember, Ni takes abstract patterns (gist of event) to predict.

That should be enough.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm going to give you a different picture:

Both Ni and Si take information from the past, Si takes sensational impressions (what was it like in that moment?) to remember, Ni takes abstract patterns (gist of event) to predict.

That should be enough.

told to someone, who doesnt even remember what he did yesterday, regarding past things :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
told to someone, who doesnt even remember what he did yesterday, regarding past things :)

Well you're an Ne Dom. You're very present future focus liked thinking. Ni doms will use the past, but for the present/future not to stay in the past like Si does.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well you're an Ne Dom. You're very present future focus liked thinking. Ni doms will use the past, but for the present/future not to stay in the past like Si does.

And you mean that's really less confusing now? xD

Sapphy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Good to know....I do in fact have an INFJ friend. I think it is very honest of the INFJ's on this site to mention having some kind of ego factor which I've noticed and was wondering if that were true for most or just some people. I'm an ISFJ borderline INFJ if you look at percentages. People do sometimes ask me medical questions in private on facebook or in public as well for science topics and I just answer them if they need advice or help. I was a bit shocked about people on here saying they don't usually help if they don't know them ......I don't know 95% of my Fb friends but I try to be friendly with them all (ppl just add me from groups I administrate or friends or friends). I will admit I don't answer many private questions about myself (for privacy reasons) but if you need help with a psych question (I've done/ practiced psychiatry and med in general) just ask. I can't promise I can answer thoroughly but I suppose one can try ;)