User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 112

  1. #61
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    So, Entropie, what's the matter, anyway?

  2. #62
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    It's like implying that ISFPs are the better INFPs
    A reasonable conclusion if you ask me.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  3. #63
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    You're welcome. Taking the advice or not, I hope you'll get better soon.

    Yeah, I get it, and it was a useful 'metaphor' because lots of the posts in this this thread did have a point. But it just doesn't feel right comparing one type of people to another because it's individuals who are good or bad people, not types. Any types. And the INFJ and ISFJ 'principle' is in reality fundamentally different, so it's no use comparing them, not even metaphorically, imo.

    True and I know I did a mistake there.

    Most answers showed many of the individual INFJs dont think in these generalisations, when I do sometimes. It has been a lesson for me too.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    I am a perfectionist myself, I tho dont see why this automatically forces you to be arrogant.
    It doesn't. That's not what I was saying. Never mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    But are people really that objective ? Can someone really measure himself and assess his strengths and weaknesses in such a way he can purely obejctively analyze who he is are ? I rather think it's more likely for people to choose a type by preferance of who they subjectively want to be. The best example is me joining this site. When I did the mbti I scored ENTJ but when I signed up here I typed ENTP cause I found the description of the NTJ really hard and didnt wanted to be seen that way.
    Maybe for some it is this way. But I can honestly say that I answered the questions objectively for myself and so have all my family and close friends who have taken it - and our types fit who we ARE, not who we want to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    If type doesnt form people, why are then some people ever changing their types again. One could say: because they think their choosen type doesnt fully say who they are and so they try a different.
    Key word: "some" people. Not all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    But and here comes the kicker, mbti is used for job assessments in your country and I think at this moment the line between dreamworld and reality is crossed.
    It's not always used, and the decision to hire someone isn't based solely on MBTI results.

    And if you want to be a Kindergarten teacher - go do it! I highly doubt that after someone is impressed by your resume and your skills and your interview, that they would decide NOT to hire you because they find out you're an ENTJ. If they don't hire a person, I highly doubt it's based on ONLY their MBTI result.

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    I am just trieing to find out if someone cares for such things at all, cause I am looking for people who do. And as far I havent found this attitude in many INFJs and that is probably why I am disappointed in my own expectations.
    I still honestly have no idea what exactly you want. Above, you say "such things" and "that attitude"... and I really have no idea what you're talking about. You titled your post "Are ISFJs the better INFJs?" which wasn't the point of the thread and apparently only a passive-aggressive way of getting people to pay attention to said thread, then you get disappointed because you have these expectations that apparently we are not meeting - and I have no idea what you want.

    Is the point of this thread the potential pit falls of MBTI?
    Is it that INFJs suck? Because there's a thread for that that this stuff would REALLY fit well under.

    Is it the topic of the theory that people type themselves on who they WANT to be, not who they actually are?

    Because, honeslty, this thread is now 7 pages of miscommunication, and I'd like to know what we are -supposed- to be talking about here.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceOddity
    The people on message boards most likely won't help you (even if they honestly try); they don't know you personally, they can never get enough details about your situation and therefore can't really provide you valid advice. And MBTI won't help in this situation. Once I also thought it might, but in the end the problem proved to be much more individual than type related, and I believe it is like this 99,9% of time.
    True, so please don't get mad at us.
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #65
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weakshadeofblue View Post
    Key word: "some" people. Not all.
    It would be ignorant to create a system of which you have to account for that it wont fit 100% but merely will create some losses. I dont share that attitude.

    It's not always used, and the decision to hire someone isn't based solely on MBTI results.

    And if you want to be a Kindergarten teacher - go do it! I highly doubt that after someone is impressed by your resume and your skills and your interview, that they would decide NOT to hire you because they find out you're an ENTJ. If they don't hire a person, I highly doubt it's based on ONLY their MBTI result.
    That's how it is now, but what if that changes ?


    I still honestly have no idea what exactly you want. Above, you say "such things" and "that attitude"... and I really have no idea what you're talking about. You titled your post "Are ISFJs the better INFJs?" which wasn't the point of the thread and apparently only a passive-aggressive way of getting people to pay attention to said thread, then you get disappointed because you have these expectations that apparently we are not meeting - and I have no idea what you want.

    Is the point of this thread the potential pit falls of MBTI?
    Is it that INFJs suck? Because there's a thread for that that this stuff would REALLY fit well under.

    Is it the topic of the theory that people type themselves on who they WANT to be, not who they actually are?

    Because, honeslty, this thread is now 7 pages of miscommunication, and I'd like to know what we are -supposed- to be talking about here.
    The major problem with you is, you just have no fantasy. I am what like, discussing a bit here, wanting a decent advocation of some devilish stuff, but you guys are all serious and brief and real and to the point that's sooo booring !

    I mean face it, you just got nooo fantasy at all
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #66
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    I grew up with ISTJ dad and ISFJ step mom and had a rather questionable attitude toward step mom because of some issues. I've appreciated this board causing me to see what the good parts of the ISFJ are (thanks giggly ) I've definitely been more able to understand where things were a little off just because of the personality differences and why she seems certain ways.

    That really has nothing to do with ISFJ vs. INFJ. Bizarre theory, actually. I've learned here, also, that many people have no idea what an INFJ is and aren't even sure if they type people around them correctly as INFJ. I wonder about my husband sometimes, he might be ISFJ? INFJ? Even though I'm relatively sure, there just isn't much to go on with INFJ. Elusive, they are.

    Anyway, I think that you mean "are ISFJs better to interact with ME" entropie. I've found that certain types are a good combo and just "work."

    If isfjs are better than infjs can we say enfps are better than esfps?

  7. #67
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    ya, my upcoming thread idea was: "Do have entps the bigger package than estps"

    You have to know offensive topics like that just work
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #68
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    ^I demand pics.

  9. #69
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    ah uh äähhhmmm

    gotta go
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    It would be ignorant to create a system of which you have to account for that it wont fit 100% but merely will create some losses. I dont share that attitude.
    If you've ever taken a statistics class, you learn that there is never any method that can fit 100% of the population, because there is always a margin of error and at least one person who it won't fit. It's "idealistic" to assume otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    The major problem with you is, you just have no fantasy. I am what like, discussing a bit here, wanting a decent advocation of some devilish stuff, but you guys are all serious and brief and real and to the point that's sooo booring !

    I mean face it, you just got nooo fantasy at all
    Okay: unless you are joking, I am coming to the conclusion now that you are either a troll, or the only way you are able to communicate is through intentionally being confusing, manipulative, and passive-aggressive. Granted, I've just joined the forum so this is just my first impression of you...

    You complain about people not wanting to help you, but I'm trying to sincerely understand what you want here (which, I'm sorry, I assumed to be a legitimate concern... but apparently this is a joke? You're saying we're all too serious now, so apparently we were taking you too seriously). You don't seem to want to give a direct answer - you just try to bait me and then be all ambiguous and "woe is me, no one understands me."

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    Ya, my upcoming thread idea was: "Do have entps the bigger package than estps" You have to know offensive topics like that just work
    ^ Exhibit A. Case-in-point. "Offensive topics just work."

    If the only way you think you can communicate is through baiting and offending, then I'm done with this thread.

    And please don't send me another reputation comment about how "this is just how [you] talk to people." That's manipulative and ridiculous.

    If I've misinterpreted your meaning entirely, then I apologize. It's hard to derive intention from Internet communication as you can't hear the tone of voice.
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. Where are all the INFJs at? Lol
    By SilverMoon in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
  2. [INFJ] The Empath (INFJ)
    By wedekit in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 03:14 PM
  3. [ISFJ] What are ISFJs like when it comes to lying?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:17 AM
  4. [ISFJ] are ISFJ's squeamish?
    By substitute in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 02:04 AM
  5. [INFJ] What are your opinions about INFJs?
    By gloomy-optimist in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO