Thread: Are ISFJs the better INFJs ?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

And the angel of innocence strikes again

I guess we will work that out never
    Lost Frequencies - All or Nothing

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy

A Benign Tumor Array PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    If you think so. Except insults I dont get anything other from you.

But you explained arrogance. Coming to a thread with the intent to tell someone to fuck off but then changing ones opinion cause you like the person.

That's the same like the riddle in which you have to decide who lives and who dies, the friend or the total stranger.

I am not expecting that you change yourself in any way to be respectable, I am just trieing to find out if someone cares for such things at all, cause I am looking for people who do. And as far I havent found this attitude in many INFJs and that is probably why I am disappointed in my own expectations.
    Entropie, it was a joke.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

we are better just bend over and take it like a man.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

My understanding is that INFJs are happier ISFJs, INTJs are harder INFJs, ISTJs are stronger INTJs, ISFJs are nicer ISTJs. (yes, it's cyclic)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

A Benign Tumor Array PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

^I agree with what he said.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Hell no, I especially hoped for ISFJ input on that one. I tried to use the idea aswell to get to know more people from this side of the forum.
    Ahh well, good to see you around these parts. I like your quirkiness and your jokes. It's a lot slower down here though.

If you want my opinion on the OP, I think most people don't fit into their MBTI type, and yes, I do think people of all types take credit for traits described in their type that they don't actually possess. People also constantly defy their type too. It's things like this that make me want to abandon the theory altogether. There are some really sweet INFJs on this forum though. Perhaps you could focus on those individuals.

Senior Member Array Space_Oddity's Avatar
    MBTI
    CAT

No, INFJs aren't the better ISFJs, for the simple reason that INFJs and ISFJs are in reality two completely different kinds of people. It's like implying that ISFPs are the better INFPs, ESTPs are the better ENTPs etc. In theory, why not, but in reality, such a comparison is completely off, because these two types of personality, let alone individuals of those types, are not comparable. Similar MBTI 'letters' aren't everything, which is one of the reason why I think that MBTI terminology is seriously flawed, even though the grouping does have a point.

And entropie, I don't know you and haven't read your posts, but if I can give you advice, if you aren't in good mental health, keep away from message boards. From my own experience, it did me much more harm than good when I came there totally off-balance and desperately looking for help. The people on message boards most likely won't help you (even if they honestly try); they don't know you personally, they can never get enough details about your situation and therefore can't really provide you valid advice. And MBTI won't help in this situation. Once I also thought it might, but in the end the problem proved to be much more individual than type related, and I believe it is like this 99,9% of time.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

It's a metaphor and ty for the advice
    Lost Frequencies - All or Nothing

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy

I've been lurking around the NF forums for quite some time now and I have been searching there for someone to help me with my personal problems, like for example psychologists help. I tho have a misfit way of speaking about my things, which didnt get noticed with any of the psychics over there (except for one or two enfps, who really have a knack for such things).

Instead I met arrogance, abusive behaviour, the occasional bragging about them being like god, when it comes to their abilities or sheer ignorance.

So I came to think: An ISFJ, who types her-/himself that way from the start and who doesnt even assume for the slightest moment that he is special in any way, because she or he for example never achieved anything special so far (which would be prolly the case with 90% of the Ns), isnt she or he much more down-to-earth and more realistic + able to look at the world from an (as much as that is possible) objective point of view and to give people real world advice and help, cause he isnt blinded by his own ego ?

I dont want to discredit all of the INFJs over there, but I am still refering to around 90%.

Any thoughts ?
    Probably.

Senior Member Array Space_Oddity's Avatar
    MBTI
    CAT

It's a metaphor and ty for the advice
    You're welcome. Taking the advice or not, I hope you'll get better soon.

Yeah, I get it, and it was a useful 'metaphor' because lots of the posts in this this thread did have a point. But it just doesn't feel right comparing one type of people to another because it's individuals who are good or bad people, not types. Any types. And the INFJ and ISFJ 'principle' is in reality fundamentally different, so it's no use comparing them, not even metaphorically, imo.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast