User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are ISFJs the better INFJs ?

MBTI
    I

Once again, this sounds like it's something individually-related, not type-related at all.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I found the original post here to be a pretty uninformed one. How can you say that one entire type is better than another entire type? Sure, we tend to individually get along with certain types better than others on average, but to say ISFJs are better than INFJs is ridiculous.

Humbleness is a personal trait, one that any type can have. I've known intuitive people who were self-absorbed, and sensing people who were self-absorbed. There is no exclusivity in this regard. The fact that anyone would assume such a thing is naive to say the least.

How would you like it if I said ESTPs were better, and more humble than ENTPs? No one type is better than any other type. Certain types on this website have been jerks to me on here, but I don't blame their types for that behavior.

Not trying to be mean, just saying...
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart
    I found the original post here to be a pretty uninformed one. How can you say that one entire type is better than another entire type? Sure, we tend to individually get along with certain types better than others on average, but to say ISFJs are better than INFJs is ridiculous.

Humbleness is a personal trait, one that any type can have. I've known intuitive people who were self-absorbed, and sensing people who were self-absorbed. There is no exclusivity in this regard. The fact that anyone would assume such a thing is naive to say the least.
    This is what I was thinking as well.
    Your post is about a personal issue that you're struggling with and would like some guidance on (from what I gather), yet you titled your threat "Are ISFJs the better INFJs?" It's not very nice to place personalities in a "hierarchy." Yes, each person connects well and not so well with different types, but that's no reason to say one is better than another...

I'll speak for myself, as I haven't been on the board long enough to notice any sort of discrimination toward S's or arrogance about INFJs. But I know I can be very arrogant.

However, I also believe that on some level, -every- person is arrogant, some more than others, and some more noticeably than others, but it's there (an ENTP friend of mine is actually incredibly arrogant, so this trait is not confined to one type).

I just found those two points kind of hurtful. But at the same time, I am reminded again to forego my stubbornness when it comes to ideas, etc. and truly analyze whether they are applicable or not, and consider others opinions truly and with thought. So thank you .

Anyway, I'm sorry no one picked up on your feelings adequately in the NF forum (I didn't see your thread). I hope you find the answers you need, but I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. However, it is a little difficult to expect people not to mention MBTI in reference to a problem when the question is asked in a forum that is -about- MBTI.
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    Someone said in this thread.. That INFJ's are more in tune with Group dynamics..

I am curious about this...
    Since I find that INFJ's seem to have an expectation that the world should learn to understand them and not the other way around..
    Their over all sense of being wounded by life .. separates them from the group as well as the individual.. they can't connect with either, unless a very strict code of conduct is followed by others.. especially if you are "chosen"

It does come across as very arrogant.. and for all their flexibility.. they close off and become rigid when they need people most..

It's sad, really
    Its because of our insane Ni and Fe combo, we execute Fe all day long and sometimes we lose our feelings in all of your and everyone else s feelings. When you say we should try to understand you, I feel confused, we DO understand you, its why we go out of our way to be kind and courteous and try to make the people around us as happy as possible. Because we cannot feel at peace if we let you feel bad or feel unhappy. Its how we are wired and the Ni just exacerbates everything by making everything more accurate and connecting all the right dots together. You have NO idea what its like to feel this way, to find it easier to just be alone as often as possible when we are feeling vulnerable which is quite often. I am not saying other types don't feel vulnerable etc either, but imagine it being like a hyper sense of it and it all boils down to how we act around others, its why we are so hyper self aware of our actions and so obsessed with "doing the right thing".

We DO understand you, its what we do, its how we work. INFJs are extreme people persons.

That you dont understand that is why we are so isolated, that you dont understand that is why we have to protect ourselves from other people so often. I am not a sissy b oy by any stretch but imagine that every time you saw a sad movie where the characters were all crying you immediately began crying uncontrollably too because you cant separate yourself from what you are seeing. I cried twice today watching the tv show House... and I don't know why, I just see the sad bitterness and I start rolling. The weird part is that pain caused to me directly doesn't even hurt me emotionally. I broke up with an ex girlfriend once and I was completely fine and able to move on, as soon as I considered how much hurt she might be feeling BAMMO! crocodile tears.

I am sorry if you mistake our shields as arrogance, it really isn't... its just our way of protecting a very gooey core from a very very mean world.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The thing that annoys me most about my fellow INFJs, at least online, is the whole "I am psychic, I can read everyone's motives and mind accurately, and I have never been wrong about anyone, not even once in my life."

There seems to be a lot of that out there. How arrogant! I have to say that if you have run into that attitude a lot, I don't blame you for being put off.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

While creating this thread, I was wondering too if type creates people. Of course you are right in saying not all INFJs are the same, but in saying so one does accept that such a thing like an INFJ exists at all. And because I dont believe in type, I phrased it that way, cause and I said that already, I am most intrested in the fact if type can form a person, who maybe didnt exist at all before.

But I think that's a topic for another thread, this one was purely about venting, I admit and I am sorry.
    Lost Frequencies - All or Nothing

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy

Sniffles

I dunno, are Bavarians the better Germans?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I dunno, are Bavarians the better Germans?
    They have better beer anyways :P

Sniffles

touche.

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But I think that's a topic for another thread, this one was purely about venting, I admit and I am sorry.
    Okay, but you could have put this thread in the NF section if all you wanted was INFJ's attention. ISFJ's have feelings.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast