User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Tough break.

huh?
    Yes, it is tough to get an ISFJ to be more than friends with you, even though they flirt with you all the time.
    This sums up my current situation with ISFJ:
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    huh?
    As in, ISFJ's like logical men. "Tough break" was a silly joke, which turned out to have poor execution. I was implying that you weren't such a man.

I think I'll see myself out.

ETA: I think ISFJ females seem themselves as the Princess who waits for her man in shining armour to come to them. The other person has to be the aggressor (in my experience).
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    ISTJ

^FAIL

Anyway, how much aggression is the question. I suppose it depends on the ISFJ but, is there an average?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yes, it is tough to get an ISFJ to be more than friends with you, even though they flirt with you all the time.
    You have to kiss them on their lips.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Phantonym

I definitely buy the ISFJ-ISTJ relationship.

In my opinion this type of relationship would be among the strongest. But like Eagle said, in any relationship it doesn't matter what type the other person is, it could still work.
    I agree. My mom (ISFJ) and dad (ISTJ) have been married for 30 years now. It has worked out great for them and they're very compatible. They do everything together.

And I also agree that regardless of type, everything depends on the individuals themselves.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I agree. My mom (ISFJ) and dad (ISTJ) have been married for 30 years now. It has worked out great for them and they're very compatible. They do everything together.

And I also agree that regardless of type, everything depends on the individuals themselves.
    Sounds like a good thing to me!

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    But i want to know that if someone threatened me (for which i could easily kick ass) i would like to feel that my man would come forward and protect me. I suppose it is that notion of being vulnerable and protected. That is all i look for .. well, amongst other things.
    That's what I mean when I say traditional social roles. I'm not saying that this is something exclusive to XSFJ women but I do think it's especially important to them- someone who will take them out and buy them dinner and pay for their cab and defend their honor. Someone who will appreciate their femininity, just as they appreciate their other's masculinity. I'm not saying that F men can't be masculine because my ESFP husband is, but he also gets teary-eyed and emotional at the drop of a hat and I don't think he's chivalrous enough for an XSFJ woman. And if a man isn't chivalrous enough, I think there's this tendency to try and 'reform' him. This may be something that J women in general do, though. I see it happen with my sister and the long line of ISTP men she's been involved with. She loves the masculinity, hates when they don't fit into the traditional role she desires.

Also regarding what you said, I think there is this pleasure ESFJ women get from being vulnerable that I don't understand. I don't want a husband to protect me or to try, I'm more than willing to do that for myself. I can get a little defensive about it, actually.

Anyway, my point is that I think Js work best with Js, typically. I think that the J/P divide is the one that can cause the most trouble and the greatest amount of miscommunication.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    As in, ISFJ's like logical men. "Tough break" was a silly joke, which turned out to have poor execution. I was implying that you weren't such a man.

I think I'll see myself out.

ETA: I think ISFJ females seem themselves as the Princess who waits for her man in shining armour to come to them. The other person has to be the aggressor (in my experience).
    No, I understood it completely. You cant pull that stuff out on dave because he usually doesnt get it
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    No, I understood it completely. You cant pull that stuff out on dave because he usually doesnt get it
    Me too, I understood the idea of it as well GrungeMouse.

lol.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Good idea.