User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Me and Fe.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default Me and Fe.

OK.

So my functions are Fe-Fi-Fo-Thumb

But now my cage is starting to get a little rattled. I have seen on 2 threads that talk about Fe being about the community. The sex one made me laugh, what a pile of crap.

Now granted, i am a very caring individual and in the past i have done voluntary work (that's community) but only because i knew it would look good on my CV thus improving my chances of getting a job.

Now sounding incredibly selfish here .. I don't care about the community. I care about getting myself back on my feet and living my life to its full potential.

So what am i missing here?
    Am i only partially Fe.

Or can i be something else.
    On my face test I am INFJ
    God help me.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I know what you are.

Ba-da-ss.

Tada!

BDxS.

[add]: my selfishness takes more of a thinking turn rather than a feeling turn.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESFJ

You come in here and corrupt my thread .. You are now banished to the cleaning closet .. I don't have one so just go to your own closet

Seriously darling .. Where the hell has my Fe gone or am i just not a community Fe?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I just came out of the closet to type this

Sorry, you know I can't make my first post a serious one

Well, I am not sure. How can you test as ESFJ and INFJ? I am trying to think on this one. Maybe you aren't a community Fe, but would that just mean you are a selfish Fe-er?

I know a rather selfish person, but she is an ENFP, but uses Fe heavily.

I dunno, what do you think? Give me more thoughts.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESFJ

I took the stupid face test and got INFJ
    I know i am not that .. I am definately E .. Lol

I have never been a selfish person and put my needs first although i suppose i could give a few examples so that isn't entirely true. I am a somewhat selfish person then. *sigh* Lol

But this whole community thing .. wtf???

No.

Could it possibly be me balancing out my F/T. I am better able to rationalise my feelings now than at any time in the past. I am aware my feelings are still there but i don't act on them nearly as much as i did in the past. Or maybe i am talking shit .. Oh i don't bloody know.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think Fe is about "caring for the community". Isn't it more of orientating your value system with the rest of the community's?

MBTI
    ISTJ

Sas, you are DEFINITELY Fe. I can tell by the way your "behavior".
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFJ

Dave .. You are a darling.

So i can be Fe without caring about the community or its values .. Woo Hooo
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTJ

Of course, it's unusual I think, but if all Fe's were the same, it would be pretty boring.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I took the stupid face test and got INFJ
    I know i am not that .. I am definately E .. Lol

I have never been a selfish person and put my needs first although i suppose i could give a few examples so that isn't entirely true. I am a somewhat selfish person then. *sigh* Lol

But this whole community thing .. wtf???

No.

Could it possibly be me balancing out my F/T. I am better able to rationalise my feelings now than at any time in the past. I am aware my feelings are still there but i don't act on them nearly as much as i did in the past. Or maybe i am talking shit .. Oh i don't bloody know.
    Fe is supposed to be my second function, but I tend to score low in it because I'm not much of a hostess or community oriented. I think of it as being able to have a more relativistic understanding of values and perspectives of people. Rather than having an internal idea that X is wrong in both principle and application, I have a sense of principles being fluid and taking on different meanings in different concrete applications.

I'm not surprised you have had conflicting test results. Your personality and interests have always seemed a little outside the "box". If a particular MBTI category feels limiting or just significantly off in its application to you, then it probably isn't the right one. I will confess that I leave at least one X beside one letter of my type because I like having two pigeonholes rather than one. You could be borderline on even a couple of letters. As far as S/N is concerned you show interest in talking about abstract things more than is typical online. You could easily be either imo.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)