• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Me and Fe.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
OK.

So my functions are Fe-Fi-Fo-Thumb ;)

But now my cage is starting to get a little rattled. I have seen on 2 threads that talk about Fe being about the community. The sex one made me laugh, what a pile of crap.

Now granted, i am a very caring individual and in the past i have done voluntary work (that's community) but only because i knew it would look good on my CV thus improving my chances of getting a job.

Now sounding incredibly selfish here .. I don't care about the community. I care about getting myself back on my feet and living my life to its full potential.

So what am i missing here?
Am i only partially Fe.

Or can i be something else.
On my face test :huh: I am INFJ :shock:
God help me.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know what you are.

Ba-da-ss.

Tada!

BDxS.

[add]: my selfishness takes more of a thinking turn rather than a feeling turn.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You come in here and corrupt my thread .. You are now banished to the cleaning closet .. I don't have one so just go to your own closet ;)

Seriously darling .. Where the hell has my Fe gone or am i just not a community Fe? :jew:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just came out of the closet to type this ;)

Sorry, you know I can't make my first post a serious one :)

Well, I am not sure. How can you test as ESFJ and INFJ? I am trying to think on this one. Maybe you aren't a community Fe, but would that just mean you are a selfish Fe-er?

I know a rather selfish person, but she is an ENFP, but uses Fe heavily.

I dunno, what do you think? Give me more thoughts.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I took the stupid face test and got INFJ :huh:
I know i am not that .. I am definately E .. Lol

I have never been a selfish person and put my needs first although i suppose i could give a few examples so that isn't entirely true. I am a somewhat selfish person then. *sigh* Lol

But this whole community thing .. wtf???

No.

Could it possibly be me balancing out my F/T. I am better able to rationalise my feelings now than at any time in the past. I am aware my feelings are still there but i don't act on them nearly as much as i did in the past. Or maybe i am talking shit .. Oh i don't bloody know. :smile:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think Fe is about "caring for the community". Isn't it more of orientating your value system with the rest of the community's?

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Sas, you are DEFINITELY Fe. :yes: I can tell by the way your "behavior". :blush:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Dave .. You are a darling.

So i can be Fe without caring about the community or its values .. Woo Hooo

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Of course, it's unusual I think, but if all Fe's were the same, it would be pretty boring. :D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took the stupid face test and got INFJ :huh:
I know i am not that .. I am definately E .. Lol

I have never been a selfish person and put my needs first although i suppose i could give a few examples so that isn't entirely true. I am a somewhat selfish person then. *sigh* Lol

But this whole community thing .. wtf???

No.

Could it possibly be me balancing out my F/T. I am better able to rationalise my feelings now than at any time in the past. I am aware my feelings are still there but i don't act on them nearly as much as i did in the past. Or maybe i am talking shit .. Oh i don't bloody know. :smile:
Fe is supposed to be my second function, but I tend to score low in it because I'm not much of a hostess or community oriented. I think of it as being able to have a more relativistic understanding of values and perspectives of people. Rather than having an internal idea that X is wrong in both principle and application, I have a sense of principles being fluid and taking on different meanings in different concrete applications.

I'm not surprised you have had conflicting test results. Your personality and interests have always seemed a little outside the "box". If a particular MBTI category feels limiting or just significantly off in its application to you, then it probably isn't the right one. I will confess that I leave at least one X beside one letter of my type because I like having two pigeonholes rather than one. You could be borderline on even a couple of letters. As far as S/N is concerned you show interest in talking about abstract things more than is typical online. You could easily be either imo.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Fe is supposed to be my second function, but I tend to score low in it because I'm not much of a hostess or community oriented. I think of it as being able to have a more relativistic understanding of values and perspectives of people. Rather than having an internal idea that X is wrong in both principle and application, I have a sense of principles being fluid and taking on different meanings in different concrete applications.

I'm not surprised you have had conflicting test results. Your personality and interests have always seemed a little outside the "box". If a particular MBTI category feels limiting or just significantly off in its application to you, then it probably isn't the right one. I will confess that I leave at least one X beside one letter of my type because I like having two pigeonholes rather than one. You could be borderline on even a couple of letters. As far as S/N is concerned you show interest in talking about abstract things more than is typical online. You could easily be either imo.

Toonia darling .. Fe overload .. I love you :heart:

The first paragragh is spot on especially with the fluid and the concrete. I can have the fluidity within the concrete in different situations (if that makes sense) and hostess .. No. I suppose community means a lot to some people but it isn't going to shape me in any way. They are just people doing their own thing.

Hmmm, interesting. Thank you. I think i will just X everything apart from the E and J .. I like those.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, are you sure you are an ESFJ?

You do have the spelling and grammar capabilities of one :D

(just kidding)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yeah, are you sure you are an ESFJ?

You do have the spelling and grammar capabilities of one :D

(just kidding)

:shock: .. You shit bag .. Lmao.

Yes i know my grammer/spelling is shocking .. But i don't care.
Should people judge me on that .. Well they can have the finger .. :D

Lol

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe doesn't really have much to do with the community, it's just a stereotype that SFJs adapt to the needs of their community and enforce those. As an Fe dom, you would in reality adapt to the needs of others and make decisions based on that. It's just stereotyped that it's communal. Here is Fe-

Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting to and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others. Considering what would be appropriate for the situation: “One should or shouldn’t wear…” or “People will think…”

You are such an ESFJ. :)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I brought it for you....

In fact, I brought two.

:2up:

I'm thinking about having them bronzed...:D

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know, you seem like ESFJ to me. ESFJs are a pretty diverse group; I think some people can have a pretty limited understanding of what SFJs and SJs in general can be like, due to the profiles. And Fe in general I think is misunderstood on this forum as a rule...

My mother is an ESFJ and is more unconventional than I am, probably. She's pretty out there, but she's not an N or P. The only rules she lives by are the ones she's made. :D She's definitely not organized in daily life, speech, or writing. In fact she's so disorganized it can be a problem. I would say she cares more about family and herself than the community, she doesn't know who her neighbors are and doesn't want to know.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You are such an ESFJ. :)

Damn it :D .. Oh well.

I brought it for you....

In fact, I brought two.

:2up:

I'm thinking about having them bronzed...:D

Thank you ever so much .. I won't have to polish them, will i?

My mother is an ESFJ and is more unconventional than I am, probably. She's pretty out there, but she's not an N or P. The only rules she lives by are the ones she's made. :D She's definitely not organized in daily life, speech, or writing. In fact she's so disorganized it can be a problem. I would say she cares more about family and herself than the community, she doesn't know who her neighbors are and doesn't want to know.

Oh yeah, +1 :)