User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Me and Fe.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Saslou, you are definitely Fe, and it's rather cute that you don't see it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

“I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

You sound like me when I'm Fe-burned out. I turn into a cold thing when overloaded with the expectation to care about EVERYONE.

Lauren is right. ESFJs are a VERY diverse group marked by intelligence, pragmatism, curiosity, mastery of their interests, and variance. They live how they want to live. Their tertiary Ne makes them feel more forceful to me than ENFJs (who are Ni intensive).

I see a lot of active Ne in your posts, not Ni (INFJ, ENFJ). I see a lot of movie directors as ESFJs - (imo Scorsese and Tarantino). I know I'll catch hell for saying this, but I like Carson Daly. To me, he's an ESFJ in every respect - loves variety, has an encyclopedic knowledge and interest in music, enjoys people, but is a bit prickly and intolerant of stupidity/true idiots. I understand his impatience. My ESFJ Marine friend was tough but sensitive, had a strong justice function and an interest in people, but couldn't be made to care less about what he didn't naturally care about in the first place. He had something of the cynic in him.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    ESFJs are a VERY diverse group marked by intelligence, pragmatism, curiosity, mastery of their interests, and variance. They live how they want to live. Their tertiary Ne makes them feel more forceful to me than ENFJs (who are Ni intensive).
    That's a nice distinction between the Fe-doms

I know I'll catch hell for saying this, but I like Carson Daly. To me, he's an ESFJ in every respect - loves variety, has an encyclopedic knowledge and interest in music, enjoys people, but is a bit prickly and intolerant of stupidity/true idiots. I understand his impatience. My ESFJ Marine friend was tough but sensitive, had a strong justice function and an interest in people, but couldn't be made to care less about what he didn't naturally care about in the first place. He had something of the cynic in him.
    That sounds like pure_mercury, that ESFJ guy on this site....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I know! It does, doesn't it!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

All this Fe stuff about manipulating groups of people and organizing them gets me all confused.

I don't consider myself in leadership positions very often. But when I'm in a group, if they're wandering all over the place, I'll make an outline and assign responsibilities. And of course I try to listen to everyone's opinion first.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Saslou, you are definitely Fe, and it's rather cute that you don't see it.
    +1 !!!!!

MBTI
    INTJ

It may also depend on what you take 'community' to mean. Fe may not automatically orient you toward doing everything you can to help out 'your community' in the most obvious sense of that word, but it may drive you to support the community that you identify as your community in a sense meaningful to you - be that your family, or people you relate to in certain ways due to common interests, values, or situation, or your closest friends, or some group of people you find yourself having responsibility for...etc.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    You sound like me when I'm Fe-burned out. I turn into a cold thing when overloaded with the expectation to care about EVERYONE.

I see a lot of active Ne in your posts, not Ni (INFJ, ENFJ).
    Being a feelings person just pisses me off sometimes. Caring about everyone else all the time, screw that, i want to being selfish and think of me. This site is refreshing in that with the NT's .. there is this no pretense bullshit going on, say it how it is and it is something i admire in them all. I suppose i can't change who i am so i better just get on with it.

Apparently my Ne is connected to my Fe .. So someone said .. Blah .. Whatever. I don't pretend to know or even want to understand these cognitive functions so ....

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    It may also depend on what you take 'community' to mean. Fe may not automatically orient you toward doing everything you can to help out 'your community' in the most obvious sense of that word, but it may drive you to support the community that you identify as your community in a sense meaningful to you - be that your family, or people you relate to in certain ways due to common interests, values, or situation, or your closest friends, or some group of people you find yourself having responsibility for...etc.
    I take words literally. I don't have a community other than my immediate family and although i love them, i don't need to spends lots of time with them. (although my boys are slightly different until the youngest is 18). I can pretty much be on my own and still enjoy what i do. That is more time to read more books.
    Thanks anyway.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

saslou, okay, you've had your fun. Now put the SF back in your type please.