User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I'm actually very good at spelling (won my school spelling bee) You wouldnt know because I type like a maniac and dont care to check my spelling on the internet. Its a waste of my time in my oppinion. As long as I say what needs to be said, I'm all good.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I agree that it is a J/P thing.

I am an English major and I usually make A's, but most of my talent lies in content and creativity, not in things like spelling and grammar. If I ever theoretically were to teach, I would teach reading or literature, not language arts.

Because, honestly, I don't really care enough about stuff like that to teach it to anyone else. I hate when people are overly picky about stuff like that.
    This just as well explains my point of view as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hmm. I don't really know if you could find much of a link between them - maybe TJs are most likely to care? Everyone in my family, including me, can spell well and easily - it is part of the family culture to care about spelling, though. My ENTP best friend sometimes mispells her OWN name, on the other hand... I know at least one ISFP who is at least as good at spelling/grammar as I am, and lots of INTJs. I think there are plenty of Ns who care about getting it right and plenty of Ss who don't.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Don't sugar-coat it, tell me how you really feel.
    Okay, what I really feel is that HE is sloppy and imprecise.

Many other Ps are not so sloppy and imprecise as him, but I do find that this disregard is more common with Ps, and that they're less ashamed of or bothered by it in general than Js, even if they are personally good at spelling.

hahahahahaha

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

my spelling sucks. The messed up thing about spelling is that people will assume bad spellers are stupid. I think spelling is stupid. Where the fuck did the K in know come from and what is the use. Spell check on computer may have saved me from a life of flipping burgers and made me a professional.
    My grammar is horrible to. However with grammar I have respect. I even enjoy picking up Strunk & White to appreciate it better. The sad thing is it doesn't stick. I think it is more of a J/P thang too! Although maybe im a bit lexdystic.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I was a great speller until after high school, when I started using the computer more than pen and paper.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

So much easier to just pay an STJ to proofread.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I've won a few spelling bees, and I'm probably one of the better spellers I know (and I know S types that are horrible at spelling, and N types that are great with spelling, so I don't know about your theory). However, I don't care about others' spelling mistakes. Especially online. I tend to make them sometimes too, but as long as the mistakes aren't excessive and the text is readable, I don't mind. Professional text is a different story though; if you are going to publish something and wish for it to be taken seriously, you should probably check for spelling and grammar.

(I use lots of commas and semicolons too)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm an INTP, and I'm a grammar Nazi.

As for misspelling your own name...My name's too god damned long and I just write it as fast as possible. Grammar Nazi'ing doesn't apply to one's John Hancock, in my opinion.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

If you want to link spelling and type, I would try looking at function usage. I've always had excellent spelling skills. I learn to spell the same way my Mom does, but it's essentially just use of Si. I remember the way things were spelled and I spell them they way I saw them initially. (Which works negatively in the case where I see something spelled incorrectly the first time --- I generally continue to spell it wrong like that until someone points it out.)

My Dad, however, is *horrible* at spelling. It's paradoxical, really. He is incredibly intelligent, but spelling just isn't his thing. His writing isn't that great either. ; )

He's an ISTP. Not anywhere near as much Si usage as me. Or Mom, for that matter, another ISTJ.

I wouldn't necessarily label this in an S/N dichotomy or even a J/P.....I would just look for the individual in question's talents and abilities....and connect the dots.

On another note....Te could have a hand in it as well. Consider the apparent order and structure of words. Would Te not be concerned with making them right? Of course, this would make any IxTJ type care about it --- and of course the other types that utilize Te.

Thoughts?

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins