• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] If you had to be an SJ, which type would you be and why?

Ah...rules :)

• ESTJ

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 25 22.7%

• Total voters

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
^
oh yes, when ESTJs are in their Happy social mood they are MUCH like ESFPs.
Yes, shocking very shocking. Party animals too in a way.

My ESTJ friend is always the one who ends up the most rat-arsed. :rolli: I wasn't sure whether or not she was ESFP.

I voted ISTJ. I like my introversion, but I actually want to get shit done.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You could depend on your ISFJ friends to run away when shit goes wrong.
But man/girl, on the contrary ISTJs are a hell of a different story.

What does this mean?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
ISTJs are probably my favorite, but boy would I love to muscle my way through life as an ESTJ...sigh...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJs man they can get things done like no other.
My dad is one.
He is smart, he is clever, has a excellent job, well read, get shit done, never get fooled (except by me) but I would never ever ever want to be an ESTJ.

Why would I never want to be an ESTJ?

Cus with all those good qualities ESTJs have every quality in him that drives people insane.
Short fuse, Drama queen, control freak, annoying, stubborn, has the last word, never listens to others, I am always right etc.
I think your switch from plural to singular in the bolded sentence says a lot about your belief about ESTJs, i.e. that you're basing that belief off very little. Better to meet some ESTJs that are healthy and (gasp) likable before you make judgments on all of them.

I think ESTJs are the LEAST empathic type. and that sucks.
I agree that we aren't great with empathy, but... the absolute least? Really?

On to the question... I'd say ESTJ. Oh wait, I already am! :D But in all seriousness, I'd be an ISTJ. I respect those dudes SO much.

GHC

MBTI Type
INFP
Between ESTJ or ESFJ.
Though I will prefer slightly ESTJ cause they get things done, VERY assertive and can be quite gregarious and friendly without being annoying or overdramatic.

ESFJ: I like them cause they are very people focused, very empathetic, quite organized and have many interest and opinions about quite different things. Though I believe they are something easily hurt (I know weird comment making by an oversensitive INFP).

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I didn't see this option in the list, but is my choice.

D-E-A-D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:run: I have too many SJ friends to want to put myself in their regulated shoes. I know your tricks, ISJF...

Get back here, you! But they should put themselves in your shoes too.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Get back here, you! But they should put themselves in your shoes too.

Me and my ISTJ best friend have talked about this. We came to the conclusion I would have already been married at 18 and he would have gone postal...We agreed to never try it...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJ. Would be interesting to be my opposite and sort of fit the mold.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So the other threads leave room for little doubt. Everybody and their mother wants to be a cool EP. But now...you can't be an EP! And on top of that you have to pick an SJ type! Ah!

ESFJ. From my experience, they're the most likely of the SJ clan to have an EP vibe. :D I am too excessively J to fully enjoy switching to another type of J, especially a TJ. And ESFJs are probably the exceptions however. I rarely share any of their traits or motivations, so this would be a rather interesting change on my worldviews.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
ISTJ. They seem so level-headed and focused. I'd be great at historical research as I'd finally have the capacity to tolerate the tedium of archival research.