29 25.66%
  • ESFJ

23 20.35%
  • ISFJ

25 22.12%
First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

I would be an ISFJ .. I just think of Giggly and Tinker and get warm fuzzy feelings
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    You don't use it so how would it be suffocating?
    I just find being around Si people really difficult in the long run. Yes they are dependable and especially the xSFJs are caring and lovely but Si makes me feel so closed in, as if someone is taking away all my vision and imagination and trying to force me into a suffocating structure of doing things. I am horrible with routine and feel like I am dying slowly inside unless I have a far-off horizon or the unknown to walk towards to, so Si is difficult for me to deal with.

My current boss seems to be an Si user, she is a really nice person but quietly trys to control things, she will see dangers everywhere and do her best to prevent bad things from happening, which is a natural human reaction, but she overdoes it to such a degree that I am thinking, "Just go with the flow. Things will be fine." (and I am a strong J! I am not sure about her Myers-Briggs type but she seems to me like a stereotypical Enneagram 6.)

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I would be an ISFJ .. I just think of Giggly and Tinker and get warm fuzzy feelings
    You better be glad you're on the other side of Atlantic sweetie or I would give you the biggest hug in the world!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I just find being around Si people really difficult in the long run. Yes they are dependable and especially the xSFJs are caring and lovely but Si makes me feel so closed in, as if someone is taking away all my vision and imagination and trying to force me into a suffocating structure of doing things. I am horrible with routine and feel like I am dying slowly inside unless I have a far-off horizon or the unknown to walk towards to, so Si is difficult for me to deal with.

My current boss seems to be an Si user, she is a really nice person but quietly trys to control things, she will see dangers everywhere and do her best to prevent bad things from happening, which is a natural human reaction, but she overdoes it to such a degree that I am thinking, "Just go with the flow. Things will be fine." (and I am a strong J! I am not sure about her Myers-Briggs type but she seems to me like a stereotypical Enneagram 6.)
    It's less about Si and more about their lack of Ne, wouldn't you agree? Si's fine if you are balanced. There are plenty of Si users out there who won't make your life miserable. That's probably why you are frustrated with bosslady. But it's no different than an unbalanced Ni user who has no pulse on what's going on around them- it's useless.

I'm actually going through something like that myself. My former (as of Friday) boss was ESTJ and his boss is ISTJ. The ISTJ is very very Ne deficient to the point he irritates me! Well the ESTJ is very respectful of rank and will make decisions based on his perceived reaction from the ISTJ. It's always based on what he will think! So it makes it hard to get some kind of free thinking going, because that approach clouds it. So my second point is that not all SJs get along and speak the same language, and are as closeminded as your boss. We like to think out the box and try different stuff.

What makes it worse is that the work we do encourages Ne defiicient thinking, because we are told to think about the range of 'what ifs?' out there, and you'll always find some skeptic out there who runs wild with all the remote and very unlikely schemes and it sucks the life out of the job.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    ESTJ!!!
    I want to explore my thinking side and be really decisive...
    ... or maybe I should go for ESFJ...
    .... hmmm, decisions...
    After ten months, I still want to be an ESTJ to explore my thinking side and be decisive... but, I'd also like to throw a party and be an ESFJ so that everyone will have fun and feel really welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Since several people here wanted to be ESTJ to get stuff done: how about Rent-an-ESTJ??? Could be a cool business idea!
    That is a great business concept. I'd be happy to design the advertisements.
    sincerely,
    your friendly neighborhood isfp
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Since several people here wanted to be ESTJ to get stuff done: how about Rent-an-ESTJ??? Could be a cool business idea!
    A life coach would probably be less expensive...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would have picked ISFJ before, but it looks like I am ISFJ.
    Well...now I would pick ESTJ.

i think i will kill myself. but wait i am already an SJ.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

I selected ESFJ because I was raised by one and can relate in that way, plus I get along well with ESFJs. Primarily I chose this type because in my observations and interactions with ESFJs I find them to be genuinely happy, energetic people who not only attract and charm others, but also seem to improve the lives of those around them with their positivity. The ones I know seem to have enthralling lives, too. Perhaps its the way they live their lives that lends that feeling. They aren't stagnant. No intent to in any way diminish the other SJs here.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I can't believe I voted for ESTJ....I think at the time I liked the idea of being my "opposite" and ESTJ seems "easy" in this world. However, I'd change my vote to ISTJ now. One who is in touch with their tert-Fi (they exist!).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe