• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] If you had to be an SJ, which type would you be and why?

Ah...rules :)

• ESTJ

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 25 22.7%

• Total voters

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I would be an ISFJ .. I just think of Giggly and Tinker and get warm fuzzy feelings :wubbie:

Lightyear

You don't use it so how would it be suffocating?

I just find being around Si people really difficult in the long run. Yes they are dependable and especially the xSFJs are caring and lovely but Si makes me feel so closed in, as if someone is taking away all my vision and imagination and trying to force me into a suffocating structure of doing things. I am horrible with routine and feel like I am dying slowly inside unless I have a far-off horizon or the unknown to walk towards to, so Si is difficult for me to deal with.

My current boss seems to be an Si user, she is a really nice person but quietly trys to control things, she will see dangers everywhere and do her best to prevent bad things from happening, which is a natural human reaction, but she overdoes it to such a degree that I am thinking, "Just go with the flow. Things will be fine." (and I am a strong J! I am not sure about her Myers-Briggs type but she seems to me like a stereotypical Enneagram 6.)

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would be an ISFJ .. I just think of Giggly and Tinker and get warm fuzzy feelings :wubbie:

You better be glad you're on the other side of Atlantic sweetie or I would give you the biggest hug in the world! :wubbie: :wubbie: :hug:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I just find being around Si people really difficult in the long run. Yes they are dependable and especially the xSFJs are caring and lovely but Si makes me feel so closed in, as if someone is taking away all my vision and imagination and trying to force me into a suffocating structure of doing things. I am horrible with routine and feel like I am dying slowly inside unless I have a far-off horizon or the unknown to walk towards to, so Si is difficult for me to deal with.

My current boss seems to be an Si user, she is a really nice person but quietly trys to control things, she will see dangers everywhere and do her best to prevent bad things from happening, which is a natural human reaction, but she overdoes it to such a degree that I am thinking, "Just go with the flow. Things will be fine." (and I am a strong J! I am not sure about her Myers-Briggs type but she seems to me like a stereotypical Enneagram 6.)

It's less about Si and more about their lack of Ne, wouldn't you agree? Si's fine if you are balanced. There are plenty of Si users out there who won't make your life miserable. That's probably why you are frustrated with bosslady. But it's no different than an unbalanced Ni user who has no pulse on what's going on around them- it's useless.

I'm actually going through something like that myself. My former (as of Friday) boss was ESTJ and his boss is ISTJ. The ISTJ is very very Ne deficient to the point he irritates me! Well the ESTJ is very respectful of rank and will make decisions based on his perceived reaction from the ISTJ. It's always based on what he will think! So it makes it hard to get some kind of free thinking going, because that approach clouds it. So my second point is that not all SJs get along and speak the same language, and are as closeminded as your boss. We like to think out the box and try different stuff.

What makes it worse is that the work we do encourages Ne defiicient thinking, because we are told to think about the range of 'what ifs?' out there, and you'll always find some skeptic out there who runs wild with all the remote and very unlikely schemes and it sucks the life out of the job.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
ESTJ!!!
I want to explore my thinking side and be really decisive...
... or maybe I should go for ESFJ...
.... hmmm, decisions...

After ten months, I still want to be an ESTJ to explore my thinking side and be decisive... but, I'd also like to throw a party and be an ESFJ so that everyone will have fun and feel really welcome!

Since several people here wanted to be ESTJ to get stuff done: how about Rent-an-ESTJ??? Could be a cool business idea!

That is a great business concept. I'd be happy to design the advertisements.
sincerely,
your friendly neighborhood isfp:smile:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since several people here wanted to be ESTJ to get stuff done: how about Rent-an-ESTJ??? Could be a cool business idea!

A life coach would probably be less expensive...

Noon

I would have picked ISFJ before, but it looks like I am ISFJ.
Well...now I would pick ESTJ.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
i think i will kill myself. but wait i am already an SJ.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I selected ESFJ because I was raised by one and can relate in that way, plus I get along well with ESFJs. Primarily I chose this type because in my observations and interactions with ESFJs I find them to be genuinely happy, energetic people who not only attract and charm others, but also seem to improve the lives of those around them with their positivity. The ones I know seem to have enthralling lives, too. Perhaps its the way they live their lives that lends that feeling. They aren't stagnant. No intent to in any way diminish the other SJs here.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't believe I voted for ESTJ....I think at the time I liked the idea of being my "opposite" and ESTJ seems "easy" in this world. However, I'd change my vote to ISTJ now. One who is in touch with their tert-Fi (they exist!).

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTJ

Because my Dad is an ESTJ, and he is the greatest man I have ever met, and I'm proud to be 75% similar to him as an ESTP. :newwink:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely ISFJ. Because, I'm kind of an ISFJish INFJ. ;) And at least one of my best friends is ISFJ, and she's awesome, and pretty content with her life, and I love her. I think my dad may be ISFJ too and he is so great!

I just don't think I'd identify much with the other three SJ types, that's all.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Definitely ISFJ. Because, I'm kind of an ISFJish INFJ. ;) And at least one of my best friends is ISFJ, and she's awesome, and pretty content with her life, and I love her. I think my dad may be ISFJ too and he is so great!

I just don't think I'd identify much with the other three SJ types, that's all.

Same here!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTJ. Easy, that's my favourite :)

Why?
I want to keep the T bluntness. Don't get me wrong, Feelers are awesome, but I'm so not one.
The E because I don't want to demote Ne to fourth place, if third is possible :D.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I like being introvert, and I would be much better off being dominant -T-...

...so ISTJ it is.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJ. That way I can keep my E and T, and my Te. :devil:

Last edited:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Are we all keeping the letters we're allowed to?

Besides, if I get ESTJ, I want a better Te than the little bitch I've got now :D