User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I guess I meant "how you carry yourself" as in, how confidently you appear to those around you. Would someone looking at you be able to tell, based on your body language, that you are a confident person? So, I guess, when I referred to "how you carry yourself" I was referring to non-verbal confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Although, I am quiet. That is bad? =(
    It's not bad. I'm quiet too and my friends tell me that I have a "quiet confidence", so I suppose it's possible to be both quiet and confident.

MBTI
    ISTJ

So, how do I know if I am "carrying myself" confidently or not? Give me an example. I mean, you said body language? What kind of body language says "I'm confident"?

How do you know if you have this "quiet confidence" or not?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

So, how do I know if I am "carrying myself" confidently or not? Give me an example. I mean, you said body language? What kind of body language says "I'm confident"?
    I think if you're confident internally (have a good amount of self-confidence) then your body language will automatically adapt and change. Like you said, in a previous thread (about ISTJs), your thoughts and actions usually match each other.

For examples, hmm... some who is walking tall (not slouched over), sitting upright, not looking unsure or uneasy about where they are or who they're talking to, etc. would seem more confident. Maybe.

...I don't know that's just what I've been told by friends (who, I guess, I'm more comfortable around and therefore more confident around).

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Usually open body language; head up, back straight and shoulders back. Don't stuff your hands in your pockets, or tap your feet. I'd say ISFJ's were especially tuned into body language. Maybe you could Google for some confident body language tips?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post
    I think if you're confident internally (have a good amount of self-confidence) then your body language will automatically adapt and change. Like you said, in a previous thread (about ISTJs), your thoughts and actions usually match each other.

For examples, hmm... some who is walking tall (not slouched over), sitting upright, not looking unsure or uneasy about where they are or who they're talking to, etc. would seem more confident. Maybe.

...I don't know that's just what I've been told by friends (who, I guess, I'm more comfortable around and therefore more confident).
    That sounds about right. Dont try to be something you are not, if you are quiet dont try to be a loud mouth. We ISFJs know when your faking it.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Thanks for the tips.

So, ISFJ's are good at knowing whether you are faking it or not?

Well, when I was with her last march, I was VERY quiet as I was VERY stressed out. I mean, I was still easy going and stuff, but I was pretty nervous whenever I talked to her. However, nowadays, many of the things I was stressed out about are gone and I am MUCH more laid back and easy going. (You won't notice this change from my posts on the forums I don't think.) But, do you think that has any effect on what she thinks now? =(

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Thanks for the tips.

So, ISFJ's are good at knowing whether you are faking it or not?

Well, when I was with her last march, I was VERY quiet as I was VERY stressed out. I mean, I was still easy going and stuff, but I was pretty nervous whenever I talked to her. However, nowadays, many of the things I was stressed out about are gone and I am MUCH more laid back and easy going. (You won't notice this change from my posts on the forums I don't think.) But, do you think that has any effect on what she thinks now? =(
    I was just kidding!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

It's not always easy to distinguish friendliness from flirting/romantic interest. She may be confused about your intentions as well. My suggestion is to ask her out on a date. Make sure to say the word "date" and not only use ambiguous terms like "hang out", "have fun", "chill", or ","show you around". Use the word "date". That will put you both in the proper frame of mind.

It sounds like you're already doing good, dave. Good luck!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    I was just kidding!
    Kidding about what? You cannot "kid" with an ISTJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    It's not always easy to distinguish friendliness from flirting/romantic interest. She may be confused about your intentions as well. My suggestion is to ask her out on a date. Make sure to say the word "date" and not only use ambiguous terms like "hang out", "have fun", "chill", or ","show you around". Use the word "date". That will put you both in the proper frame of mind.

It sounds like you're already doing good, dave. Good luck!
    How long do I wait until I ask her on this "date"? Are you sure I should? What do I say if she says no? =(

She is very shy, and I do not want to scare her off by saying the word "date" either. How will I know if she is open to the "date" or not?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

How long do I wait until I ask her on this "date"? Are you sure I should? What do I say if she says no? =(

She is very shy, and I do not want to scare her off by saying the word "date" either. How will I know if she is open to the "date" or not?
    If you're certain that she won't start seeing someone else, then yeah, just wait on it until you feel more comfortable asking her out.