User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

I used to be afraid of the unknown but more specifically with Death!!!.

Sometimes it takes a nip at me and makes me anxious but I'm to quick to let it get me!!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    But don't you fear the unknown even if you've experienced it (even moreso actually)? You said you were hit by a 4x4, do you ever fear that happening again since it already happened before?
    Not at all. That 4x4 made me realise i can survive anything. Apart from death, damn it.

My perception of so many things have changed. I suppose it woke me from my shell.

It is like i once read. If your life was turned into a book for someone to read, would they put it down after a few pages or would the person be so engrossed in your story.
    My story is full of peaks and valleys, and looking back, i wouldn't a single thing.

Experience is great in that you can learn from it. I don't doubt for one second i will face more challenges in life, is that going to put me off though and make me fear it?? Not a chance in hell.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I don't know if you other SJs experience this, but I know me myself, sometimes I have a fear of the immediate future and what may happen. Don't know if this is because of strong Si or inferior Ne (or something else), but I'll sometimes think of bad scenarios and sort of use them as an excuse or deterrant against doing something. Any others experience this?
    I believe this is true and you asked why. I think you pretty much answered it in the statement above.

SJ's with Si LOVE knowing that is right at their finger tips. The immediate sensation and knowledge of that is right there. And they'll love it even more if it's been that same way in the past. I believe that since you fear what is coming that is unknown in the immediate future, you resort to trying to GUESS or PREDICT how that could work. By doing this, you are using your Ne which, is your last resort when trying to figure something out. And since you dont use it that often, it not only makes you jump to wild possibilities, what you come up with is also going to be wild and probably very unlikely. But your Si is telling you that it's not going to be like anything you've witnessed before, so it has to be something way out there. Something horrible. So you use the WORST possible scenarios you can think of to support your strong Si telling you 'No No No No Don't let things change. Don't think things sneak up on you that you're not prepared for"

With me, Having strong Ne and little Si. When I feel threatened from change (yeah, yeah ENFPs are suppose to like change but sometimes, if we have NO control over it, we get freaked too!) I tend to think of how the same things. When I foresee some opportunity that may cause me to risk what I already know (or think I know, which since I have a weak Si, it's all skewed anyways) I tend to freak out and think of how I could ruin everything that I've worked for in the past so I try not to jeopardize my past (Just as you try not to jeopardize your future.)

I know that when I start to use my Si, I'm a goner. I hate the way I feel. And I am actually trying to work on taking risks in my life and ignoring my immature Si and trying not to use that as a filter for my decision making. Just as I feel SJs with strong Si shouldn't listen to their 'What if's'. I know the ISTJ I know is a perfectionist, and the wild Ne what-ifs he thinks of when planning something are completely bizarre and not even slightly possible

Does this make ANY sense?? If not, I'm sorry for rambling on!

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    SJ's with Si LOVE knowing that is right at their finger tips. The immediate sensation and knowledge of that is right there. And they'll love it even more if it's been that same way in the past. I believe that since you fear what is coming that is unknown in the immediate future, you resort to trying to GUESS or PREDICT how that could work. By doing this, you are using your Ne which, is your last resort when trying to figure something out. And since you dont use it that often, it not only makes you jump to wild possibilities, what you come up with is also going to be wild and probably very unlikely. But your Si is telling you that it's not going to be like anything you've witnessed before, so it has to be something way out there. Something horrible. So you use the WORST possible scenarios you can think of to support your strong Si telling you 'No No No No Don't let things change. Don't think things sneak up on you that you're not prepared for"
    Wow, you pretty much described me exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    With me, Having strong Ne and little Si. When I feel threatened from change (yeah, yeah ENFPs are suppose to like change but sometimes, if we have NO control over it, we get freaked too!) I tend to think of how the same things. When I foresee some opportunity that may cause me to risk what I already know (or think I know, which since I have a weak Si, it's all skewed anyways) I tend to freak out and think of how I could ruin everything that I've worked for in the past so I try not to jeopardize my past (Just as you try not to jeopardize your future.)

I know that when I start to use my Si, I'm a goner. I hate the way I feel. And I am actually trying to work on taking risks in my life and ignoring my immature Si and trying not to use that as a filter for my decision making. Just as I feel SJs with strong Si shouldn't listen to their 'What if's'. I know the ISTJ I know is a perfectionist, and the wild Ne what-ifs he thinks of when planning something are completely bizarre and not even slightly possible

Does this make ANY sense?? If not, I'm sorry for rambling on!
    That makes a lot of sense. Right before an unknown event or something I'm unsure of, sometimes I have nagging negative doubts, and I'll feel hesitant. I guess I use my Ne in the same sort of situations where you use your Si. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Not at all. That 4x4 made me realise i can survive anything. Apart from death, damn it.

My perception of so many things have changed. I suppose it woke me from my shell.

It is like i once read. If your life was turned into a book for someone to read, would they put it down after a few pages or would the person be so engrossed in your story.
    My story is full of peaks and valleys, and looking back, i wouldn't a single thing.

Experience is great in that you can learn from it. I don't doubt for one second i will face more challenges in life, is that going to put me off though and make me fear it?? Not a chance in hell.
    I like your attitude.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm not afraid of the unknown cos I don't know what it is. What I am afraid of is the known if it's bad.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm not afraid of the unknown cos I don't know what it is. What I am afraid of is the known if it's bad.
    Its the same although with the unknown! I fear a bad outcome since its completely unknown.

MBTI
    ENTP

Knowledge is a way to control experience.
    Fear of the unknown is the fear of losing control.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Knowledge is a way to control experience.
    Fear of the unknown is the fear of losing control.
    That makes perfect sence. Its abstract though, losing control of what exactly?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

People live on the basis of probability. The probability value of the danger of the unknown is impossible to measure which is why people are afraid of it

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I love the unknown