MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default SJs attracted to counter culture

How common, or uncommon, is this?

I know a few guys who are IxTJ, and I am seriously leaning towards S for them, but they like aspects of certain counter cultures or slightly rebellious subcultures (nothing really bizarre), but it's not like any trend bandwagon they jumped on. I get an SJ vibe from them, and they openly dislike the abstract or things which look "odd" to them. There's just no way they are SPs, and NT doesn't really suit them either.

SJs, are there are counter culture type of things you are drawn to? Stuff that may seem stereotypically "un-SJ-like". What makes you enjoy these things?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I know a few guys who are IxTJ, and I am seriously leaning towards S for them, but they like aspects of certain counter cultures or slightly rebellious subcultures (nothing really bizarre), but it's not like any trend bandwagon they jumped on. I get an SJ vibe from them, and they openly dislike the abstract or things which look "odd" to them. There's just no way they are SPs, and NT doesn't really suit them either.

SJs, are there are counter culture type of things you are drawn to? Stuff that may seem stereotypically "un-SJ-like". What makes you enjoy these things?
    It's not as uncommon as you would think. I know I usually like to stand out from the crowd, just because it's something that gives me more satisfaction (when I was younger, I was the opposite of this). I don't really like conforming to things, particularly when it's not necessary. I don't know why I enjoy this, I guess it's because I like to be different from the rest of the crowd.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I definitely think it happens. I know more than one ISTJ in the metal/punk subculture, and more than one ISFJ in the alternative subculture.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

My ISTJ girl friend loves tattooed men and hardcore metal. I don't think she cares about the rebellious aspect of it, but she does seem to kind of like the group aspect of being part of a certain subculture. My ISFJ friend is also really into the vampire/emo thing.

EDIT: Oh uh, but all of the other STJs I know are boring as hell. I love you guys, but seriously.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

*Shrug* What do you mean by counter culture? See, cause everything I've seen as "counter" culture just looks like more culture to me- except these people are even more close knit than the non-"counter" kind.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I am a clean cut version of Sid Vicious.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm not as much of a consumer whore as I'm supposed to be for an SFJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    *Shrug* What do you mean by counter culture? See, cause everything I've seen as "counter" culture just looks like more culture to me- except these people are even more close knit than the non-"counter" kind.
    I think it's usually meant "cultures alternative to pop"
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

My ISFJ boyfriend fits this description.
    [Kierkegaard: either/or] At the moment of choice, he is at the point of consummation, for his personality is consummating itself, and yet at the same moment he is at the very beginning, because he is choosing himself according to his freedom. As a product he is squeezed into the forms of actuality; in the choice he makes himself elastic, transforms everything exterior into interiority. He has his place in the world; in freedom he chooses his place---that is, he chooses this place

MBTI
    LoLz

I find myself pulled to like, British/English music artists and Japanese TV shows, if that counts.

Just remember also, SJ isn't a fixed set of traditions. It means you maintain traditions. What traditions you maintain are not set in stone just by being an SJ.

Edit: Oooh, 2000th post.