User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Now that's counter culture, if you didn't catch my drift before.
    Well then, no, (solely based on those particular pictures) I don't find it very appealing nor am I attracted to it. That's just to say, I probably wouldn't participate in the activities shown in those pictures myself.

A lot of counter-culture people really irritate me with some of their mindless far left views and their "down with the power" propaganda they like to drop wherever they can. I like social and political awareness, but there's a good population of brain-washed and irrational individuals in the counter-culture scene.
    +1

But, like you said, there are annoying (and appealing) qualities in every kind of social type.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah,

Tradition doesn't mean you have to like to sing carols during the holidays. Whatever you deem internally, based on experiences, as 'tradition' (very relative term), and you operate by it, and believe in it, then you are carrying out a primary SJ function.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am still somewhat unsure what the OP's question actually means?

Does tradition = Good girl at school, someone who always please others, sunday roast every week.

Are you asking us in what way we are untraditional??

Help

Someone clarify this for me please.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm not asking about tradition. I'm asking about counter cultures, which are basically subcultures below the mainstream radar, usually with a rebellious vibe to them. I guess they are not "normal", as defined by the average standards in society and culture. Not necessarily some offensive deviation either, but off the beaten path and atypical.

Most SJs I know like popular entertainment that is well-known by their peers (all over TV and radio). They enjoy the typical past times of playing/watching sports, going to the movies, bowling, whatever. They identify with the usual group(s), be it family, work family, and/or church, etc. I notice SJs who don't identify with one of those groups are the ones who veer into counter culture.

Not saying other types don't do this (obviously they do), but SJs seem to be less likely to have quirky interests, or to go outside the typical groups stated above. In some ways, I envy it, because when around other people they all bond over liking/doing the same things, and I often have nothing to say. They look at me like, "Do you live under a rock?", and yeah, I kind of do.

I think it's fair to say that SJs generally take some comfort in identifying with the majority, as opposed to belonging to a small niche. So I'm wondering what would cause them to seek out a narrower niche and abandon the broader majority in some ways?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESFJ

You have so confused me .. But this is because i am very contradictory myself.

Yes, i like popular entertainment. I enjoy meeting with ex-work colleagues. I love my family, i just don't need them 24/7.

Interests - I want to go paintballing, travel the world alone, do an assult course. Take more adult learning courses. They are not really quirky though.

Being part of the majority is nice. However, call it stubborness or whatever, but i won't follow the latest trends. Tell me how my house should look and i'll tell you to ******. Tell me how i should dress or what music i should listen to and i'll just ignore you. I was worse than this growing up. I did things on my terms and on the spur of the moment.
    To me the most important question at the time was .. Is it fun and different!

I kind of set my own trends, if that makes sense.

I don't know if that makes me non-counter culture or not .. But it doesn't bother me one way or another.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I am, but I'm an INFP.

I am by the fact that I like a certain type of music, and dress the way I want to

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think it's fair to say that SJs generally take some comfort in identifying with the majority, as opposed to belonging to a small niche. So I'm wondering what would cause them to seek out a narrower niche and abandon the broader majority in some ways?
    This happens to me at times, and I do this when current popular culture trends go against my personal core values and seem not beneficial for me or society overall, especially in the long-term.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Not saying other types don't do this (obviously they do), but SJs seem to be less likely to have quirky interests, or to go outside the typical groups stated above. In some ways, I envy it, because when around other people they all bond over liking/doing the same things, and I often have nothing to say. They look at me like, "Do you live under a rock?", and yeah, I kind of do.
    I think the Si of SJs often lead them to have pretty quirky interests... it's just that they don't show them or talk about them as blatantly as some other types
    [Kierkegaard: either/or] At the moment of choice, he is at the point of consummation, for his personality is consummating itself, and yet at the same moment he is at the very beginning, because he is choosing himself according to his freedom. As a product he is squeezed into the forms of actuality; in the choice he makes himself elastic, transforms everything exterior into interiority. He has his place in the world; in freedom he chooses his place---that is, he chooses this place

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuwanatom View Post
    I think the Si of SJs often lead them to have pretty quirky interests... it's just that they don't show them or talk about them as blatantly as some other types
    Yes.

Hey are you an ISTP who actually likes SJs?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuwanatom View Post
    Exactly.