User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

My ISTJ sister was always drawn to the bad boys she read about in romance books.

I was always drawn to the geeky boys I met in physics class.

Being geeky is the culture that I'm loyal to.
    However I do quite like my instrumental pop music.
    Otherwise I agree with colors about the whole 'what is counter culture?'

Despite knowing there isn't really a set norm. Along with some of the other SJs here I wanted to stand out because my idea of average, living a simple life that doesn't really have much meaning to it. Work, eat and sleep sounds like a horrible way to live even if they are fundamental things.

They do say that people that really are different strive to integrate into normal society and vice versa. Guess that knowledge keeps me reminded that I'm just a normal person that's striving for more. Is ambition considered as counter-culture? I feel that it is.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I find myself pulled to like, British/English music artists and Japanese TV shows, if that counts.

Just remember also, SJ isn't a fixed set of traditions. It means you maintain traditions. What traditions you maintain are not set in stone just by being an SJ.

Edit: Oooh, 2000th post.
    Yep, this is correct. ISJ in particular will build their own worldview, which may be different from the general worldview. Si acts off of experience, so if they're experiences are different and are drawn to a certain culture, they'll incorporate and defend it.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I find myself pulled to like, British/English music artists and Japanese TV shows, if that counts.
    Me too.

Just remember also, SJ isn't a fixed set of traditions. It means you maintain traditions. What traditions you maintain are not set in stone just by being an SJ.
    Basically, yes, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    My ISTJ sister was always drawn to the bad boys she read about in romance books.
    Haha, this is me. Although not just in books but on TV shows & in Movies as well.

Otherwise I agree with colors about the whole 'what is counter culture?'
    Yeah...I'm not quite sure what qualifies as "counter culture" in this case. So I can't really answer the question yet.

MBTI
    ISTJ

If by counter culture you mean the opposite, then sure. (ENFP's! )
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

bleh

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm into some metal and some hardcore punk and there was a time a few years back where this was strictly all I'd listen to. I loved (still do when I get a chance to see a band I really dig) going to punk/metal shows. -- Although I consider myself more tame and unbiased, I've always enjoyed hanging out with the people you find in these social rings; typically, more so than I would with the business or college frat type. I don't like people that try to fit a social norm or mold, just to be considered "normal" (and I know that's not the motive of a lot of the straight and narrowers). I've always gravitated towards those that are a little off-beat in some fashion. I've got my annoyances within any social type though. A lot of counter-culture people really irritate me with some of their mindless far left views and their "down with the power" propaganda they like to drop wherever they can. I like social and political awareness, but there's a good population of brain-washed and irrational individuals in the counter-culture scene.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'm into some metal and some hardcore punk. Although I consider myself more tame, I've always enjoyed hanging out with the people you find in these social rings as well, typically, more so than I would with the business or college frat type. I don't like people that try to fit a social norm or mold, just to be considered "normal". I've always gravitated towards those that are a little off-beat in some fashion.
    Same here. Ever since middle school to now (college), I've always seemed to gravitate more towards the "off-beat" (punk, artsy, etc.) people but I also have more "straight-edged" or "normal" (business type or college sorority type) friends as well.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Now that's counter culture, if you didn't catch my drift before.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I love questions like this because they make people have to think about and vocalize [for once] what is considered "normal" or "mainstream" in this moment in time.

edit: perhaps what the OP meant was "non-traditional" or "not conservative"?