User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Stress

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Default Stress

It seems, from what descriptions say, that SJs are more prone to stress than other types. We cause stress for others () but also for ourselves, no doubt.

Is stress something that hits you often?

How well would you say you handle stress?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    I

Stress does have a tendency to hit me hard sometimes. The way I deal with it is to just get away from the source of the stress for a while, that definitely makes me feel better... until I have to face the stresser again of course. If it's a long term type of stress, then usually if I get too stressed, I'll get angry and forcefully confront the source.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Lol .. For the longest time i thought i was great at handling stress.

Then i realised.

I don't handle stress too well.

I don't mind being stressed at work, if it is to do with meeting deadlines etc as the adrenaline and the challenge of it keeps me going.

I don't handle emotional stress well. I over-analyse everything.
    I hate Fe sometimes. Luckily, i have people around me who just listen, then laugh and we just move on, that simple.

And this is where i need to learn my lesson.

My house is usually sparkling clean when i am stressed. That helps me clear my head and try to rationalise whatever the problem may be.

I don't do well if someone keeps on shouting at me, pulling at my strings or just manipulating me. I don't have enough energy to shout back, rationalise it and still help them find a conclusion.
    I like going on long walks when this happens. Alone.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTJ

When I feel I am stressed, I usually get away from the source (temporarily) to reorganize and prioritize things. Then, I will go back and attack the source of the stress until the source is dealt with and gone.

Also, I never show that I am stressed. (Part of being a stoic ISTJ? )
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Most of my stress comes from how I perceive things and ususally I hold it in or avoid it rather than deal with it. So when something does trigger this build up, I let lose. I have learn to identify most of my triggers and worked real hard at changing my perspective and consequently, have become less serious as well as less sensitive. And now I have more emotional competance in dealing with life.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I definitely deal with a lot of stress in my life...and I know it's at least in part due to my personality type, since my INFP husband is very laid back.

I've been trying to find new ways to deal with stress, since I haven't dealt with it well in the past. I've been prone to take it out on people or EAT. Going for walks helps me...as does any exercise really. I'm trying to learn how to meditate and visualize, although it's hard to turn my brain off.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I do not handle stress well at all when it hits me. I turn into a complete wreck. My method of handing stress is to avoid it! I have developed good intuition (can a sensor use that word?) and I can see it coming. That's probably not good though but it works for me.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I also just avoid stress in order to handle it. I also have a good feeling for when some potential stress might be involved and what to do to bypass it. I prepare in advance so I don't end up in stress. When I have a problem, I am obsessed with thinking it through and finding the solution so that I regain my inner peace as soon as possible again. I have one room in the home which I control and keep in order and everything there is pleasant for me to look at. I have a young baby and as long as I have this room under control, I don't mind so much if I can't get all the other rooms tidy and nice because I know I have somewhere I can go that is relaxing.

MBTI
    INTJ

My ISFJ boyfriend doesn't really show his stress to others outside of his inner circle. He gets sulkier and might even throw a little tantrum or say something completely uncharacteristically violent or harsh when with those he trusts (not at them though). Most of the time it surfaces as illness. He is prone to illness when stressed.

I can't avoid stress! If it's stress due to obligations (which it always is), I can't duck out of it because I have to fulfil my obligations. I'll get really melancholy and won't look after myself (skip meals, go to bed really late or not at all) or I'll harm myself as a kind of deliberate punishment for feeling like that (i.e. I'll start smoking again and drink heavily or other destructive behaviours). I'll also be in a constant 'hyper-alert' state (hence the late nights). Oddly, I won't feel the stress when I'm actually carrying out the work because my concentration will be intense.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I usually handle it best by doing something active. My best workouts have come after being stressed. I have set personal bests in running after a stressful day at work. Hah! I think there's just something about being active that gives a sense of control...even if it doesn't directly affect the circumstances I'm stressed about, working hard makes me feel like I have things under control.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg