User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Thank you for your absolutely clear, concise, predictable, straightforward, non-devisive, outrageous, concrete, jack-in-the-box "answers" to the problems that I've laid out in my post(s)! NOT!

It doesn't matter anyway. I'm pretty sure you don't give a damn about my predicament. What seems to matter to you more is the shape of the world economy, waving your rainbow flag and sharing your wonderful gossip.

Is there anybody out there?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by burkeus View Post
    Thank you for your absolutely clear, concise, predictable, straightforward, non-devisive, outrageous, concrete, jack-in-the-box "answers" to the problems that I've laid out in my post(s)! NOT!

It doesn't matter anyway. I'm pretty sure you don't give a damn about my predicament. What seems to matter to you more is the shape of the world economy, waving your rainbow flag and sharing your wonderful gossip.

What's the question, Luv?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Dude.

I can't seem to find any inquiry that you made in this thread 'cept this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by burkeus
    Can someone here please describe "others" in more complete detail? Thanks.
    I have no idea what "others" you are asking about. Use the quote function. It is your friend.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by burkeus View Post

I didn't respond because I don't know the answer to your question. I could have said "I don't know", but you would have been no better off. I hope you find out, though.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I still don't know if I get where this "critical" thing is coming from. Everyone's critical sometimes; in fact, ESTJs seem to limit it to realms in which they consider themselves an authority. And out of a loyalty to a environment.

This can come off as hurtful because they don't always provide the complimentary counterpoint. (Because everyone *should* do their best and have a duty to this.) This kind of also makes ESTJs awesome though- driven to accomplish all they can. But they beat themselves up too much over not doing more.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC
    This quote really strikes me, because my friendships are a bit like this, too. I wonder if that's a type-related trait or not. And Colors: If your friend is like me, it isn't that she's scared of "forging new limits" on your friendship. It's that she's scared of opening up to you. By forming fairly shallow friendships, she doesn't have to deal with anyone's emotional outbursts, which makes everything easier and a lot more pleasant. But by going to that next level, she's probably going to have to talk about her feelings at some point, and it sucks to talk about your feelings when you have no patience for them (I know that when I get emotional, I get mad about it and think "Why am I doing this? This is completely unwarranted!" and try to get rid of it... usually failing).
    Thanks for being so helpful. I think you're right. The pushing, melodramatic approach doesn't go over too well with ESTJs I think.

Yeah. Feelings suck. That's how my T-dominant peeps get along. (I'm joking but also being honest. They're scary.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by JediM05 View Post
    I was wondering why some people think ESTJs are overly critical and have no imagination. For example, when I am correcting someone, I try to do it in as nice of a way as possible.
    This is the part about SJ's that makes me go haywire If I get criticism, I want motivation for it and I want it in my face, without sugarcoating. If something that's meant as criticism comes out in that way, it just sounds like you are groveling before me to later stab me in the back (talking about it in a straight up manner with someone else).

Although there are actually nice ESTJ's out there, I mostly go crazy by ESTJ mannerisms. The only (nice) one I know moved to Oslo, Norway a year ago, though. Since you like Star Wars, and seem to be different at first glance, you have a massive headstart

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    This is the part about SJ's that makes me go haywire If I get criticism, I want motivation for it and I want it in my face, without sugarcoating. If something that's meant as criticism comes out in that way, it just sounds like you are groveling before me to later stab me in the back (talking about it in a straight up manner with someone else).

Although there are actually nice ESTJ's out there, I mostly go crazy by ESTJ mannerisms. The only (nice) one I know moved to Oslo, Norway a year ago, though. Since you like Star Wars, and seem to be different at first glance, you have a massive headstart
    I'm not sure about other ESTJs, but I "sugarcoat" my criticism because I instinctively try to use the golden rule, and I take blunt criticism really, really badly. And really, really personally.

ESTJ mannerisms, you say? Like gestures, or what? I'm curious now! (The only physical ESTJ sign I know of is that often when they walk somewhere, they walk briskly and as if they're on a mission.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Yeah, we should probably try to keep this thread out of the area of negativity. The discussion can be very helpful.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JediM05 View Post
    I was wondering why some people think ESTJs are overly critical and have no imagination. For example, when I am correcting someone, I try to do it in as nice of a way as possible. Also, as far as imagination goes, I love movies such as Star Wars and Harry Potter, and enjoy reading those type books as well.

(one thing that is correct that people think about is how ESTJs think and like to go into details. For example, I had to retype this whole thing just to eliminate the small details. And as you can see, this is beginning to go into small details as well, so i'll stop here. )

Do many people just have a misunderstanding of ESTJs, or am I just abnormal? lol.
    I am beginning to think that every type is misunderstood by some other types.
    Just as in our everyday lives we can be misunderstood by others for whatever reason.

I am an INTJ female.
    I have butted heads with every ESTJ female I have ever known!
    I cannot get along with them for an extended period length of time.

However, ESTJ men I get along with just fine.
    Ha ha! I think I just realized why!!
    I know that ESTJ men are stubborn, so I usually just let the have their way.
    And when I say usually, I mean always, except for one time a couple of weeks ago.
    But the women, I guess I'm not so intimidated by, so I guess I will push back.
    Ha ha! That's so funny!
    So if I want to get along with ESTJ women, I have to let them have their way. Check.

Default Question...

What makes an ESTJ go soft? What 'melts' them, allows one to move past their tough exterior?