User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 42

  1. #31
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I haven't read all the posts and i am in a quirky/weird/silly mood so here is my 2 cents.

    1 - Take speed. You'll soon burn off that excess weight
    2 - Down tablets that the opposite to Imodium, IE shit water all day
    3 - Just don't eat
    4 - Buy those slimming pills that are advertised everywhere on line .. They must work, or else why are they advertising them, lol
    5 - Start smoking, you can't eat if you have a cigarette in your mouth 24/7.
    6 - I am sooo plugging this book .. Fuck it By John C. Parkin (read it and say fuck it to all of life's problems, just give it a read before you possibly criticise)

    7 - I suppose you could drive less, walk more, eat smaller portions, chew your food 17 times before swallowing (apparently that is what we are supposed to do) .. Sounds boring though.

    Babe, live life on your terms, if you want to eat all the cakes, then you do it. Beautiful is beautiful no matter what your size. Now shut up and pass me a cake, the one with the cream inside please. :yim_rolling_on_the_


    Please, please, please be laughing.
    ahahahaha, great post, I agree with everything

    Oh, and by the way, it has been proven that people with a slower metabolism live longer. It seem quite a fair tradeoff, a ghetto booty (??) for 5 years more of life. (this is also one of the reasons why women live more than men, on average). People that are always on a diet are really miserable, in my experience.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  2. #32
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    What sucks is that I weigh 173, but I probably look like I weigh 190ish. I have loose skin from losing so much weight and stretch marks. I've talked to my doctor and he's told me to not lose anymore weight and that this effect was very hard to avoid after losing such a large amount of weight, even though I did it the right way. He said the only option is surgery. I don't have the money, so, I'm stuck like this.

    The thing with my diet, is I tend to stick to more rigid plans for eating as an ISTJ. It doesn't bother me that much. People would say that I "dieted," but it's really just how my mind works that's caused rigidity rather than an actual strict diet.


  3. #33
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    What sucks is that I weigh 173, but I probably look like I weigh 190ish. I have loose skin from losing so much weight and stretch marks. I've talked to my doctor and he's told me to not lose anymore weight and that this effect was very hard to avoid after losing such a large amount of weight, even though I did it the right way. He said the only option is surgery. I don't have the money, so, I'm stuck like this.
    Are you offering to send me a pic of yourself naked?
    I am still in my silly mood, sorry couldn't resist

    Darling .. Sexy is a frame of mind. I wouldn't care if you have loose skin, you should see my upper arms. Don't need the moon to help with the tides. I can just flap my arms back and forth and hey, job done. OK i am exaggerating but you can't afford it so just look at yourself (naked, don't forget i want a pic ) and focus on the overall you. I am sure you are GORGEOUS.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  4. #34
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    I think that's more about the T vs. F difference. Still, I don't look at it in terms of looks, I rarely ever do. I look at it more as a frame of reference for how many body should be. A body in a well maintained condition to me doesn't have loose skin.


  5. #35
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ahahahaha, great post, I agree with everything

    Oh, and by the way, it has been proven that people with a slower metabolism live longer. It seem quite a fair tradeoff, a ghetto booty (??) for 5 years more of life. (this is also one of the reasons why women live more than men, on average). People that are always on a diet are really miserable, in my experience.

    What if you're a woman with a higher metabolism but are not dieting, will you still live longer?

  6. #36
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    What if you're a woman with a higher metabolism but are not dieting, will you still live longer?
    Well, obviously statistics aren't valid on an individual basis so I wouldn't reccomend being worried about dying earlier - but you'd supposedly still live longer than men but less than women with slower metabolism, all other things being equal (which is a really strong assumption).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  7. #37
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I think that's more about the T vs. F difference. Still, I don't look at it in terms of looks, I rarely ever do. I look at it more as a frame of reference for how many body should be. A body in a well maintained condition to me doesn't have loose skin.
    Ok then. You've put me in my place. I'll just sit in the corner. My response was better though, lol.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  8. #38
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    don't care so much about social expectations
    She's ISFJ though.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  9. #39
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Ok then. You've put me in my place. I'll just sit in the corner. My response was better though, lol.
    I'm not putting you down. I just think the reasoning for T's to get hung up on their weight is much different than F's, especially FJs. FJs just tend to care more about their social reputation.

    I learned the lesson to not get hung up on looks in middle school, and have ingrained it in my head ever since. I rarely worry about how bad I look. If I end up looking hot one day, then I just think, oh cool. I don't think about it often enough for it to be of massive concern. Looking good in smaller clothes after losing weight was just a really cool unintended side effect.

    I would be lying though if I said I didn't take into consideration what other people would think when I buy my clothes. I don't really care much about how my clothes look, except for like, professional clothing. That looks hot to me. When I buy my clothes, I look at it more as an intended effect when worn. How will other people react to it? Will I get an interesting reaction from other people? How do I feel about how I look?


  10. #40
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I'm not putting you down. I just think the reasoning for T's to get hung up on their weight is much different than F's, especially FJs. FJs just tend to care more about their social reputation.

    I learned the lesson to not get hung up on looks in middle school, and have ingrained it in my head ever since. I rarely worry about how bad I look. If I end up looking hot one day, then I just think, oh cool. I don't think about it often enough for it to be of massive concern. Looking good in smaller clothes after losing weight was just a really cool unintended side effect.

    I would be lying though if I said I didn't take into consideration what other people would think when I buy my clothes. I don't really care much about how my clothes look, except for like, professional clothing. That looks hot to me. When I buy my clothes, I look at it more as an intended effect when worn. How will other people react to it? Will I get an interesting reaction from other people? How do I feel about how I look?
    I know you wasn't putting me down. I was trying to make you feel good about yourself.

    Looks like i didn't need to worry in the first place. You've got it all pretty much covered. Good for you.

    Social reputation is not high on my list of priorities.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] Fellow SJs, concerning relationships.
    By FallaciaSonata in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 01:19 PM
  2. [Other] Need N's and SJ's insight and help!
    By Not2bforgot10 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 12:55 PM
  3. Excess skin after weight loss inevitable?
    By raz in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 07:31 AM
  4. The aftermath of weight loss
    By raz in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
  5. Pep Talk Diary for Weight Loss
    By Little Linguist in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO