• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ oriented movies?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Know of any movies that come to mind as being SJ oriented?

The movie Definitely, Maybe has been coming to mind lately as the main characters look to be ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFP and INFP. Office Space is another that pops up.

I was just trying to aim toward some that seem to illustrate an SJ lifestyle. Suggestions?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
[YOUTUBE="n7YSjyZE5AA"]The Rock[/YOUTUBE]

Why not? It has soldiers, oaths, nationalism, heroes, sacrifices...

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I loved that movie, but it seemed a bit SP/NTish?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I loved that movie, but it seemed a bit SP/NTish?

Well, Nicholas Cage might be portraying a NT character, but Colonel Hummer is surely a ESTJ I think. The whole movie is about loyalty.

NT movies would be far more complex in nature.
SP movies would have less patriotic bull****.

SPs are not the only ones allowed to have action movies. SJs are also very action oriented people. SJs are natural leaders, commanders and soldiers.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lambchop mentioned the author Jane Austen in another thread. There are quite a few characters in the movies based on her books that I think are ISFJ. The only movies I've seen are "Pride and Prejudice", and "Emma", but there's also "Sense and sensibility". I haven't seen that one yet because Hugh Grant kind of annoys me and I don't feel like being annoyed, lol I should just break down and watch it anyway though. I will soon. I'm sure I'll think of lots of other SJ oriented movies and add to this thread.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Paul Blart: Mall Cop - ISFJ hero.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maximus in gladiator, an ISFJ hero.

Every superman movies are SJs oriented.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFJ heroes?!?! OMG I didn't know such a thing existed!

How lovely. lol

PS - Speed, I just saw Gladiator for the first time a few months ago. Do you really think that guy is ISFJ? If so, he's so dreamy, lol :wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Paul Blart: Mall Cop - ISFJ hero.
True, I saw that recently and thought it was a good SJ movie. More directly SJ than many other movies.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Superman is an ISFJ hero. Aragorn in LOTR and Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean are ISFJs heros too as every characters played by John Wayne.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
All SJs love the movie Rudy. Now that's a fact.

Along with other sports flicks, like The Longest Yard, Slap Shot, Rocky, Hoosiers....

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
PS - Speed, I just saw Gladiator for the first time a few months ago. Do you really think that guy is ISFJ? If so, he's so dreamy, lol :wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie:

Yes I think. He's really a guardian and do the right thing leading by Si and Fe, but dream for a peaceful living with his wife and kids. When he's hurt by Commode, he seeks personal revenge but stay reliable to peoples he's loose, his family and the emperor, and his engagments taken with him before his death.

By the way, I think that teenmovies are totally xSFJ.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Superman is an ISFJ hero. Aragorn in LOTR and Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean are ISFJs heros too as every characters played by John Wayne.

Superman is an ISFJ? Really? Wow. :thinking: Hmm, I guess he is when I really think about it.

I've never seen any of the LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean, or any John Wayne movies. :blush: (yes, I know I suck)

All SJs love the movie Rudy. Now that's a fact.

Along with other sports flicks, like The Longest Yard, Slap Shot, Rocky, Hoosiers....

I've never seen any of those but I do love sports flicks! I enjoy the competition along with how inspiring/moving they are. :wubbie:

Yes I think. He's really a guardian and do the right thing leading by Si and Fe, but dream for a peaceful living with his wife and kids. When he's hurt by Commode, he seeks personal revenge but stay reliable to peoples he's loose, his family and the emperor, and his engagments taken with him before his death.

Okay, I see, but why not ISTJ? Just curious.

By the way, I think that teenmovies are totally xSFJ.

Hahaha love those movies. What about Harry Potter? What about Twilight? Never seen those (yes I know I really suck).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Superman is an ISFJ? Really? Wow. :thinking: Hmm, I guess he is when I really think about it.
Clark Kent is a shy, good worker and conformist man who like to help people concretely. Superman is a behin-the-scene Superhero who appears only to save peoples, respecting law and traditions, the typical lawful good hero.

Okay, I see, but why not ISTJ? Just curious.

He sems to have a good Te but to prefer interact with people in a affective way rather than in a critical way. Male ISFJ are often seen as ISTx because they want to have a behavior more conform with virilious stereotypes.

Hahaha love those movies.
Me too, that's so fun!:laugh:

What about Harry Potter?
I dislike Harry Potter (above all the movies), I would say for an NF movie, fantasy ans that type of stuff..

What about Twilight?
Yes, xSFJ of course:yes:

Never seen those (yes I know I really suck).
YES!:D

What about series, theses series are clearly SJ:

xSTJ anthem
[YOUTUBE=27SBbGOxoRg]dallas [/YOUTUBE]

xSFJ Anthems:
[YOUTUBE=ZmUlKPthrag]Love Boat Theme[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE=OXcbEVv46dQ]Bold and the Beautiful[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE=SVzB4rWdcck]Young and Restless [/YOUTUBE]

SJ Bitterness Anthem:
[YOUTUBE=KAKaJE4gjYg]Married with children [/YOUTUBE]

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Clark Kent is a shy, good worker and conformist man who like to help people concretely. Superman is a behin-the-scene Superhero who appears only to save peoples, respecting law and traditions, the typical lawful good hero.

Ack! Superman is so boring though. :(

He sems to have a good Te but to prefer interact with people in a affective way rather than in a critical way. Male ISFJ are often seen as ISTx because they want to have a behavior more conform with virilious stereotypes.

I can see that happening. This makes me more curious about male ISFJs.

Me too, that's so fun!:laugh:

Yes! They can be corny sometimes but I love it. :wubbie:

I dislike Harry Potter (above all the movies), I would say for an NF movie, fantasy ans that type of stuff..

Me too. I tried to watch Harry Potter and I lost interest after 10 mins and turned it off....
This weekend I'm supposed to try to watch LOTR. Wish me luck!

Yes, xSFJ of course:yes:

It's a shame that I'm thrown off by the vampires. I'd probably like it otherwise.

YES!:D

What about series, theses series are clearly SJ

{hilarious youtube videos}

I almost spit my drink out from laughter when I started the first one. :rofl1:

Good work.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes! They can be corny sometimes but I love it. :wubbie:
That movie is totally ESFJ!

[youtube=oIH3ItCXoe4]John Tucker Must Die Trailer[/youtube]

And this one too:
[youtube=yBAYiBoy43M]Mean Girls[/youtube]

This weekend I'm supposed to try to watch LOTR. Wish me luck!
Good luck! The books are very good too.

It's a shame that I'm thrown off by the vampires. I'd probably like it otherwise.
Do you like Buffy the vampire slayer?

I almost spit my drink out from laughter when I started the first one. :rofl1:

Good work.

Thanks!:D

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
That movie is totally ESFJ!

[youtube=oIH3ItCXoe4]John Tucker Must Die Trailer[/youtube]

And this one too:
[youtube=yBAYiBoy43M]Mean Girls[/youtube]

Good luck! The books are very good too.

Do you like Buffy the vampire slayer?

Thanks!:D

I'm confused, do you mean movies that SJs like? Or movies with characters or plot that are SJish?

One of my favorites is Dirty Dancing! And Titanic. And Pretty Woman. I also liked The Sixth Sense, The Jacket, Butterfly Effect. I really liked A Knight's Tale. Also, About a Boy and Love Actually. Unlike Giggly, I like Hugh Grant as an actor. :) I also enjoyed Bridget Jone's diary. Gone, Baby, Gone was an EXCELLENT movie. Room 1408 was a good movie. I liked all the old Star Wars movies...and Lord of the Rings. I read The Hobbit in 4th grade and have been hooked ever since. I also liked Fight Club and Memento.

I don't like Harry Potter for some reason. I tolerate Superhero movies...mostly because my husband likes them. I did like Iron Man though. I HATED Into the Wild -- he burms money and takes off to live in the wilderness -- SO NOT SFJish!!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I HATED Into the Wild -- he burms money and takes off to live in the wilderness -- SO NOT SFJish!!

Yes! Hated that movie. I was like "what the..." :shock:
I just thought he was insane and silly.

I loved all the other movies you listed though. :yes:

PS - I think raz means the characters in the movie and/or overall vibe of the movie is SJish."

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I meant movies that dictate an SJ lifestyle. I loved Mean Girls! It was so cool! Heh. I can't really get into soap operas much. I can, but I tend to be very critical of them. I've been in love with Dawson's Creek for years, but a lot of the reason I love it is for the playful banter between the characters and higher level vocabulary. The plotlines of typical soap operas bores me to tears.

I couldn't get into Harry Potter much. It was kind of boring. It was hard for me to follow the plot and what they were saying. I typically get into romantic comedies or sci-fi flicks. I'm obsessed with Star Wars and shit, but at the same time, I love movies like A Walk to Remember, How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Because I Said So, Definitely, Maybe and some others.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I meant movies that dictate an SJ lifestyle. I loved Mean Girls! It was so cool! Heh. I can't really get into soap operas much. I can, but I tend to be very critical of them. I've been in love with Dawson's Creek for years, but a lot of the reason I love it is for the playful banter between the characters and higher level vocabulary. The plotlines of typical soap operas bores me to tears.

I couldn't get into Harry Potter much. It was kind of boring. It was hard for me to follow the plot and what they were saying. I typically get into romantic comedies or sci-fi flicks. I'm obsessed with Star Wars and shit, but at the same time, I love movies like A Walk to Remember, How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Because I Said So, Definitely, Maybe and some others.

I hate to say this because I'm 35...but I liked Mean Girls as well too! And I like the teen movies more than I should! I was obsessed with Dawson's Creek for a long time too. I LOVED How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days too...and Definitely, Maybe. I forced my husband to watch Definitely, Maybe after I'd watched it twice. I like Ryan Reynolds in general...he's so funny! I also LOVED Arrested Development and The Office. Office Space was hilarious. Once again, I LOVE Jane Austen movies. You should see Sense and Sensibility, Giggly! There is a movie called The Jane Austen book club that I like as well. Liar, Liar is another favorite of mine. And Happy Gilmore.