User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Default What do you think of ESTJs?

I get the impression from some forums that people often have the wrong idea of what type of person an ESTJ is. What are y'alls views?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I love 'em (especially the gal ESTJs -- they are like hell on wheels, you just have to get out of their way).

I have butted heads with different ones in my times, but I very much respect their thinking process, their practicality, their ability to accomplish tasks, and their realism. And you don't need to mince words with most of them either; they're very much up-front with their views/opinions.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

I can't stand most of the ones I've met.
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

MBTI
    INTJ

Besides having a lot of similarities with ENTJs, the one I know is ok.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

My best friend is an ESTJ so I obviously find them at least somewhat cool! We used to be roommates years ago- she tended to keep things rather organized, but thankfully wasn't critical of my somewhat disorganized manners and tendency to keep odd sleep hours I always thought it was cool that she would make lists and check things off, which meant that she generally got more done in a day than I did- she was also pretty good about putting down her foot about when we should cut off with the drinking and head home after a party or an evening at the bars. I'm quite sure that she'll get a lot more done in her life than I will in mine!
    If other ESTJs are anything like this I love them all!!!
    Plus- she got my sense of humor

I have this image of "pillar of the community".

Which could be good or bad depending on the commumity.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

There is a couple at my church who run the young adults group; the husband, I suspect, is ESTJ. I would have to say he's one of the most balanced people I've met and at 26 he is already a church elder (EDIT: in a congregation that has no shortage of grey hairs).
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

My dad seems to fit ESTJ well. We get along o.k.

In general, though, the bad sides of an ESTJ tend to be more immediately obvious with direct effects on people than for most other types. The stereotypical bad side of an ESTJ is bossy, over involved in other people's business, hard to get rid of, hard to convince, and a general pain in the ass to people near them. Compare to a stereotypical bad ENTP, who might be annoyingly talky but can be avoided more easily, or a stereotypical bad INxP, who will procrastinate and not finish stuff, but won't be injecting themselves into other people's business, and are easier to keep away.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I may have wrong impressions, but would like to hear more about it.

There have been female ESTJs (people i have guessed to be this type anyway) who have been very forceful and competitive with me based on personality. I didn't appreciate those experiences. If those women were pointed in the right direction, they could do really important, useful things. They had no capacity to see who i am or acknowledge my skill because i didn't force it on them the way they forced their personalities on me (and lack of skill in these particular cases).
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I may have wrong impressions, but would like to hear more about it.

There have been female ESTJs (people i have guessed to be this type anyway) who have been very forceful and competitive with me based on personality. I didn't appreciate those experiences. If those women were pointed in the right direction, they could do really important, useful things. They had no capacity to see who i am or acknowledge my skill because i didn't force it on them the way they forced their personalities on me (and lack of skill in these particular cases).
    Toonia, maybe you should be more specific. Were these ESTJs in positions of authority over you? You say they were competitive, did they attempt to upstage or demean your achievements? Did they apply a superficial criteria in an attempt to make you feel less worthy? Gotta be more specific, girl.

In my opinion, ESTJ women are the least competitive of all women, they're usually team players. ESTJ men are sometimes the exact opposite.