• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] What do you think of ESTJs?

Atomic Fiend

I've starting to believe that ESTJs are inredeemable and ignorant, with visionless agendas of what they believe is stability, a stability that can only be achieved through emulating what there fathers before them have done, but in doing so they close themselves off to so much... They see nothing wrong with this, but here's the shitty part, They expect every one else to live by there rigid idea of "How things are," because what's right for them is obviously right for every one else.

I don't know if that's right or not, but that's how I see them, and if it's right or not, I don't wish to go through life with such a negative view of a type of person.

My mom is ESTJ, and physically I could never ask for a better one. I've never gone a night hungry, and have always had a place to sleep. She takes care of all of the things I would never have the patience to do. She is however and I say this with all the respect in the world to my mother, emotionally retarded, I've never once felt close to her, as if there is a wall made of bullet proof glass seperating us. We can see each other, but we will never touch.

God I hate life right now.

An aside: Meatbot your avatar is gross.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
baltar's superb rant

Everything he said. I don't like judging people, i don't like NOT giving second chances, but if there's one type i have a visceral hatred that transcends reason for, it'd have to be the ESTJ.

Put into the equation the following: manipulative, plotting, divisive, scheming--and obvious, yet oblivious to how obvious they are.

Also some of the most lazy workers i've known, though their "philosophies" which they'd preach at you, will seem as though they're open-minded, value inputs, are tolerant, and are hard workers. Hypocrites all the way. My ex-boss talked about how hard he worked, and could practically lynch me for coming to work late, nevermind the fact that he goes to work LATER than i do, and *disappears* frequently for heaven-knows-what meetings--strategically placed in the mornings and late afternoons, so he's usually out of office by like 3 pm--AND has a tendency to "need to go to the bank to redraw my fixed deposits" at strategic times when stock markets are crashing. (everyone who invests will know that fixed deposits, upon maturation, do not require a rushed redrawal. the bossie was playing the markets and likely got a margin call those times. it's too strategic to be otherwise)

what i hate most is how they divide the team up by playing one member against another. whilst overtly talking about how they "value each team member."

yet they're micro-managers who'd breathe down your neck for one hair out of place from *their* plan.

so much for the ESTJ being the INTP's best match. bwah.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Toonia, maybe you should be more specific. Were these ESTJs in positions of authority over you? You say they were competitive, did they attempt to upstage or demean your achievements? Did they apply a superficial criteria in an attempt to make you feel less worthy? Gotta be more specific, girl.

This very post is an example of what annoys me about ESTJs. Their lack of ability to think in abstract terms. They need concrete specific details to extract meaning. By doing this the ESTJ view is extremely limited: They see everything through a window rather than dome. Time and time again NTs will try to show why (in many cases) it is more advantageous to see things from a higher level of abstraction. Yet all to often the ESTJ proves incapable of doing so. Let us draw on a methaphor to further illustrate my point. If a painter wants to paint a large landscape are they going to position themselves at ground level? Not if there is a mountain available which they could climb to get a majestic view of the whole picture. The ESTJ doesn't speak big picture. That's what I think of ESTJs.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
This very post is an example of what annoys me about ESTJs. Their lack of ability to think in abstract terms. They need concrete specific details to extract meaning. By doing this the ESTJ view is extremely limited: They see everything through a window rather than dome. Time and time again NTs will try to show why (in many cases) it is more advantageous to see things from a higher level of abstraction. Yet all to often the ESTJ proves incapable of doing so. Let us draw on a methaphor to further illustrate my point. If a painter wants to paint a large landscape are they going to position themselves at ground level? Not if there is a mountain available which they could climb to get a majestic view of the whole picture. The ESTJ doesn't speak big picture. That's what I think of ESTJs.

You just perfectly described an employee of mine. The amount of point A to point B to point C I have to do when communicating a task to this person is mind-numbing.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like their presumptiveness. I'm really okay with anyone who doesn't start shit with me, and pretty much every ESTJ female I've known is extremely talented at starting shit. They soon regret it though.

ESTJ guys I don't have as much of a problem with because they're not as prone to squabbling in my experience.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Hah, so my first posts here were a leetle enthusiastic. :smile:

I've starting to believe that ESTJs are inredeemable and ignorant, with visionless agendas of what they believe is stability, a stability that can only be achieved through emulating what there fathers before them have done, but in doing so they close themselves off to so much... They see nothing wrong with this, but here's the shitty part, They expect every one else to live by there rigid idea of "How things are," because what's right for them is obviously right for every one else.

I have noticed this. Western countries do tend to have an ESTJ culture, and so ESTJs have fitted in perfectly most of their lives, and as such don't realise that not everyone fits in as easily as they do. For them, the way they do things is clearly the best way for everyone, because it's always worked for them.

For example, if you have a way of doing something - say tying your shoes. You learned the standard way, and it works every time. But someone else is there, trying to tie their shoes in a strange, roundabout sort of way that doesn't really have any sense to it. You might try to suggest your way of tying your shoes, but they shrug you off and say "Nah, I can't do it like that." Which clearly doesn't make any sense - anyone can tie their shoes the regular way, can't they?

That's sort of how the ESTJs see the world - from their perspective, their way is the best way, because anything else is just making life difficult for yourself. If you're not doing things this way, you must be 'stupid', because it's so easy to figure out.

And they're not usually hypocrites - they work hard, they're loyal, they're outgoing and sensible and logical. But then they turn around and expect the same things from everyone else, whether the others are capable of that or not. For the ESTJ, it is not a matter of capabilites/strengths and weaknesses, it's all about willpower. All you have to do is have the strength of will, and it will happen.

Thus, they have little sympathy for people who are drug addicts, for example, or who break the law. "Criminals can't be very bright", says the ESTJ, "Drug addicts are just lazy." For them it's a simple case of laws being the obvious thing that a normal, intelligent person will follow, and anyone who is dependant on a drug simply needs to stop taking them. That much is obvious, and anyone not understanding that can only be deficient in intelligence - what other explanation can there be?

Just a few observations of my own. :)

R

RDF

I like most of the ones I've known, both male and female. They're brash, energetic, opinionated go-getters, and they have a funny, rude sense of humor. They're refreshing on a short-term basis--entertaining company; and they're good friends on a long-term basis--you know where you stand with them.

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
I do not know how some people go through life convinced nothing is ever their own fault. Worse than alcoholics in full denial. Few things get me as upset as someone blaming his or her own shortsightedness on someone else completely unrelated to the issue.

I'm not a fan of snap assessments made completely devoid of logic. I'm not a fan of people who project their feelings on me (or others). I'm not a fan rude, unapologetic behavior. Yes, these are actions that can and are taken by everybody. It has been my experience that ESTJ's commit far more of these acts in greater frequency than any other type I've had a conclusion formed without cognitive application in my mind.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I do not know how some people go through life convinced nothing is ever their own fault. Worse than alcoholics in full denial.

Most of the time it is ignorance and that shalt be ignored. But sometimes it is depression and that can must should be recognized, sometimes... when it is urgent xD

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Maybe I wrote in this thread already, but though I'm most likely to buck heads with ESTJ's, they're awesome. We get along. They have their faults, I have mine, we accept each others'. I can't really get along with them off the bat though, but that's how it is with me and most people usually.

X-Team Global.Red

MBTI Type
INTJ
As an INTJ, I married an ESTJ. Our daughter(5) appears like her mother as an ESTJ. Many details at MBTI & on this thread are reflections & remind me of my feelings of love for my wife & daughter.

I will try to teach my daughter more about big picture abstracts as she grows & develops. I love to listen to them & they help me to cover all details (so any needed analysis can be used for other or even more important items like upcoming events). Plus, she notes specific points that 1st need to be considered as possibly being in error so we can analyze steps taken to reach the final results to see if anything was done wrong or even if it really matters at all. You get the point...& big picture.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The ESTJ that I know the best is a former co-worker of mine who now owns her own sandwich shop. She was extremely fun to work with, because she simply cuts off all BS before it starts and usually has something funny to say. She can be so extreme sometimes, and I could totally understand how some people would be turned off by her or even strongly dislike her, but I think she's hilarious and a cool friend to have. If only I could get her to ever take some time off work and go have fun with me somewhere. Of course, what little time she takes off work, she tends to spend with her husband or other family, so there ya go.

pardo

MBTI Type
istp
They make very good servants.
Otherwise, I'd rather hunt them with a sniper rifle for the fun of it.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think I have met any at all.

or maybe they just too unforgettable, for me.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like ESTJs. I think they're funny and they have an enviable grasp of the now.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't think I know any...

Perhaps I should change that.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think ESTJ's are just short of being great and awesome people. Add the "N" and they're there.