• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] What do you think of ESTJs?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think ESTJ's are ok as long as they do not try to control me. Well balanced ESTJ's would be like that, knowing when they need to control their Te in order to get along.

G

GirlAmerica

Ah. Strangely, I get along much better with ESTJ men than ESTJ women, but being married to one, well...

Be honest. He has good points, too. :)

He honestly does, and I hope his next spouse can over look his thumb being on top of her 24/7 :D

Hypomanic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Honestly, every ESTJ I've met has been an unfair, unbalanced, easily angered, and an egocentric individual. I think the world would be a better place if they did not become college professors, or high school teachers. They're unfair graders. They hold grudges. They aren't good at teaching. They try to intimidate you, and get upset at people who ask clarification questions. They are much better suited for working in a bureaucratic field, where they can move up the corporate ladder by being cold and inconsiderate.

The elderly ESTJ's I've met have been appalling. They don't care about future generations, in fact they're bitter.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Honestly, every ESTJ I've met has been an unfair, unbalanced, easily angered, and an egocentric individual. I think the world would be a better place if they did not become college professors, or high school teachers. They're unfair graders. They hold grudges. They aren't good at teaching. They try to intimidate you, and get upset at people who ask clarification questions. They are much better suited for working in a bureaucratic field, where they can move up the corporate ladder by being cold and inconsiderate.

The elderly ESTJ's I've met have been appalling. They don't care about future generations, in fact they're bitter.
I can share everything you say.

The ESTJs tend to get upset of the non-standard.

They are good at logic only in a most simple way.
On the other hand they are diligent and penetrating.
I say they are astute, sagacious and keen students.

They take a piece of the bundle and they think it represents the ensemble.
A poor course of strategy in any complicated pattern.

Very often the ESTJs begin their studies with the natural philosophies.
Or with mathematics.

Eventually they tend to drop out at the beginning phase of their advanced studies (especially in math).

They change to the humanities.
Not to the belles-lettres, the polite literature.
They are more ambitious. And less poetic.

They enter linguistics, history or philology.

An error.
There the elementary deduction is even less useful.

Eventually they crown their career in the high portals of the administration.
They are better suited for working in the bureaucratic field no doubt.

This is exactly why they should not be allowed to work in administration.
It is there they create the maximum havoc.

When they retire they leave behind waste and ruin.

A blasted shame.

G

GirlAmerica

The one thing that sticks in my head is the image of Lucy (Peanuts) for the ESTJ's I know. When my soon-to-be ex is talking to me, sometimes all I hear is WONK WONK WONK WONK WONK WONK....he doesnt know when to stop...

Good point regarding ESTJ: Not lazy!!! Hard working.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
The one thing that sticks in my head is the image of Lucy (Peanuts) for the ESTJ's I know. When my soon-to-be ex is talking to me, sometimes all I hear is WONK WONK WONK WONK WONK WONK....he doesnt know when to stop...

<snort> I do this with my ISTJ sometimes, only it's "meow meow meow" - and I say it aloud as his cue to move on to another topic of discussion.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The only ESTJ I've ever known closely was a college friend. He was generally a solid, amiable person. Good head on his shoulders, very practical.

It was amusing, though: whenever I needed to know exactly what the middle-of-the-road Joe America opinion on anything was, he was my go-to guy. It was like he plugged into a mainframe every night and downloaded his focus-tested battery of opinions.

Every time he disliked a film, I knew I would enjoy it.

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
I get the impression from some forums that people often have the wrong idea of what type of person an ESTJ is. What are y'alls views?

Hahaha, I'm sorry, I just have to laugh. My mother's an ESTJ, and personally, I think she's quite evil. But that's only when she's in a mood, (and that's all the time). But on those very rare occasions, when she's in charge, and everything is going right -in her head- she's not that bad, and I can actually stand in the same room as her and actually breathe. No offence to you of course, as for a friend, I never met an ESTJ, it's only my mother. :rolli:

Other than this though, I can't really say much.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
If they don't try to boss me around or draw me into overt competition then I'm okay with them. However, an ESTJ who isn't trying to do any of those things is probably an ESTJ I've never met before. On the whole, definitely not my favourite type. But there are always exceptions.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If they don't try to boss me around or draw me into overt competition then I'm okay with them. However, an ESTJ who isn't trying to do any of those things is probably an ESTJ I've never met before.

:hi:

:D
I think I did more of that when I was younger and less-balanced. Definitely when I was a teenager, and probably before that! It took me a long time to grow into my personality. I think that it mellowed out (or I became more well-rounded) at about the same rate as I grew into it. Now, my pushiness has mellowed into honesty and my competitiveness is more internal.

I don't know if that makes sense, or if it reflects anyone else's experiences (ARE there any other ESTJs active on here?) but it's my two cents.

Well balanced ESTJ's would be like that, knowing when they need to control their Te in order to get along.
Exactly. It's a question of balance.

I should also add that I love having ESTJ friends. If they're on your side, there's no one else I would want in my corner. I do think the good outweighs the bad.
Hell yes. We're loyal to a fault.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I love my ESTJ best friend. Best friends for 20 years. She's mellow, fun, smart, accomplished, attractive but unaware of it, giving, loyal, stubborn to the point of it being cute, she always thinks she's right, always has to be the one driving, and I just really appreciate her. I don't know if I'd like her if she wasn't my best friend (meaning, I don't know if I'm fond of ESTJs on the whole), but if anything, her type makes me respect ESTJs.. instead of me cringing at the fact that she's one. She's extremely smart and practical.. responsible and moral for the sake of doing good.. not for the sake of appearing moral... she pays her own bills, pays for her own college, is an enthusiastic veterinarian, she's not fake... I adore her. She's the kind of person that will accomodate you, but be frank about it and say "shut up, I'm paying for dinner"... she knows me better than I know myself. She's understanding and funny and she's not afraid to let loose.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I get the impression from some forums that people often have the wrong idea of what type of person an ESTJ is. What are y'alls views?

Being an INTP, my first reaction is that I find them hard to get along with. But thinking about it, and considering the ESTJ's I know, the opposite appears to be true. I hate to be in conflict with them, but apart from such situations, working with them is a delight. They have the great advantage of being very outspoken, clear and consistent.

Spartan

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I find ESTJ's to be warm, friendly, intelligent but a bit conceited.

theshadow

MBTI Type
enfj
I like estj's, but they cannot stand me :cry:. The thing that seems to bother them the most is that I can be just as forceful "when I really want to especially when dealing with one" but for reasons they dont get. which makes them all :steam: ..

they are usually warm , dedicated people:nice:

Last edited:

theshadow

MBTI Type
enfj
I met an estj today! she is one of the top bosses at a hospital :devil: ......and she loved me;). so as it turns out I have no problem talking to balanced estj's. I bet I have a guaranteed job now :happy2:

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
ESTJ's are boorish and narrow-minded. I hate ESTJ's LOL

Thats not very nice, I once owned a Tandy that was an ESTJ and it was very helpful, what, with its 640k barrier and D.O.S. protected mode.

So try to show a little respect.