User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    If they don't try to boss me around or draw me into overt competition then I'm okay with them. However, an ESTJ who isn't trying to do any of those things is probably an ESTJ I've never met before. On the whole, definitely not my favourite type. But there are always exceptions.
    urgh. agreed. my current boss is an ESTJ (and i'm quitting). perhaps because it's just a mismatch of types, but I just can't do things the way he does, and I really dislike how he can't listen, but must have his own way. Kinda just bulldozes through everything. I can't quite take how everything must be fixed and clear. A rather mean streak of manipulation, too... On the plus side, they are great at people management (if you can't see through them), herding the crowd, they get things done, and because they're realists, they survive much better than INTPs in the real world.

hehe.

both positives and negatives, as with all types.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    ESTJ

Everyone knows we have the best sense of humor

Aside from that, I think we have a habit of being more "practical" so when pointing out the obvious, we tend to astound people.

Another friend who is an ESTJ has a very warm heart, likes dancing, loves rhyming games and very active in politics. Great overall guy although has the hardest time finding a woman he can commit to. Most of the time, he says he wants someone who is resourceful, elegant and intelligent, but he expects that from everyone.

MBTI
    INTJ

One of my best friends is ESTJ, but although I'd prefer the 'NT' and 'NF' temperaments. My other best friends are INTJ and INFJ
    I: 78% N: 88% T: 66% J: 44%
    Enneagram: The Reformer/The Investigator
    Global 5:RCOEI

MBTI
    Ixxx

Most of my close friends exhibit ESTJ traits. Obviously, I like them or they wouldn't be my friends. My very good friend throughout HS took the MBTI test and came out ESTJ. She is devoted to her family and once she sets a goal for herself no one can stop her. I think she loves people very deeply and probably in a way I have never experienced. When my dog died she cried more than I did. She sort of lived at our house throughout HS. We mostly did outdoors stuff together. My ESFJ mom encouraged us to do lots of volunteer work so we did that together as well. Neither of us were into fashion or boy crazy. I don't think she dated anyone until after HS.

She is in college now on a sports scholarship. She was offered a scholarship to Princeton but turned them down because she didn't want to leave her family. I don't know how she manages traveling and studying; during the summer she works full-time. She is a business major and wants to travel when she graduates. I admire her so much for never complaining and just doing what needs to be done. We don't spend that much time together anymore and I see her every couple of months. But I know if I ever needed help she'd be there. I can see how her forcefulness and certainty can make it difficult for other types to relate to her. I'm sorry to hear about all the bad experiences people have had.

MBTI
    INTP

My dad is an ESTJ.

I love them as long as you can keep them open minded. Once they start to lose that, they can tend to get annoying... but they are the best at understanding the immediate implications of getting a task done, and the people I would want running the nuts and bolts of a business.

MBTI
    istp

They're kinda funny, I laugh at the things they do that they perceive to be right and just. They talk way too much as if they're trying to make themselves appear right and just. They are superior supervisors.

MBTI
    ENFP

My father is an ESTJ. He is the ballsiest man I know but holy crap does he drive me insane. He does not know how to be smooth whatsoever, his mind is on his mouth. I personally would rather get shot in the face with shit than deal with his snide comments but his persona demands respect. I have gotten him to realize one thing though, in social situations, him and I have to work together as a team. He finally realized that I can read people right off the bat and give him good insight, other than that, I think he is an ass but he is my dad.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JediM05 View Post
    I get the impression from some forums that people often have the wrong idea of what type of person an ESTJ is. What are y'alls views?
    Y'alls?

*shudders*
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I have a question and this looks like a good place to ask:

Hubby does alot on this thread but, unless I've missed it, this isn't here:

1) He's always seeing stuff on the ground... nice when its money... or in abandoned shopping carts, beside the road, etc. Things I don't notice.

2) He's also always watching. Like when we're in the store, he'll pull me out of some other shopper's way. Or when we're standing in public talking, he doesn't look at me, he's always scanning the surroundings.

Is that particularly XSXJ some combination?

MBTI
    INFP

I like ESTJs, if they respect me I find that they are great to mess with if they don't
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay