User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP

If they don't try to boss me around or draw me into overt competition then I'm okay with them. However, an ESTJ who isn't trying to do any of those things is probably an ESTJ I've never met before. On the whole, definitely not my favourite type. But there are always exceptions.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Every time he disliked a film, I knew I would enjoy it.
    Ahh.. a classic case of concomitant variation.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    If they don't try to boss me around or draw me into overt competition then I'm okay with them. However, an ESTJ who isn't trying to do any of those things is probably an ESTJ I've never met before.

I think I did more of that when I was younger and less-balanced. Definitely when I was a teenager, and probably before that! It took me a long time to grow into my personality. I think that it mellowed out (or I became more well-rounded) at about the same rate as I grew into it. Now, my pushiness has mellowed into honesty and my competitiveness is more internal.

I don't know if that makes sense, or if it reflects anyone else's experiences (ARE there any other ESTJs active on here?) but it's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Well balanced ESTJ's would be like that, knowing when they need to control their Te in order to get along.
    Exactly. It's a question of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    I should also add that I love having ESTJ friends. If they're on your side, there's no one else I would want in my corner. I do think the good outweighs the bad.
    Hell yes. We're loyal to a fault.

MBTI
    INFP

I love my ESTJ best friend. Best friends for 20 years. She's mellow, fun, smart, accomplished, attractive but unaware of it, giving, loyal, stubborn to the point of it being cute, she always thinks she's right, always has to be the one driving, and I just really appreciate her. I don't know if I'd like her if she wasn't my best friend (meaning, I don't know if I'm fond of ESTJs on the whole), but if anything, her type makes me respect ESTJs.. instead of me cringing at the fact that she's one. She's extremely smart and practical.. responsible and moral for the sake of doing good.. not for the sake of appearing moral... she pays her own bills, pays for her own college, is an enthusiastic veterinarian, she's not fake... I adore her. She's the kind of person that will accomodate you, but be frank about it and say "shut up, I'm paying for dinner"... she knows me better than I know myself. She's understanding and funny and she's not afraid to let loose.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by JediM05 View Post
    I get the impression from some forums that people often have the wrong idea of what type of person an ESTJ is. What are y'alls views?
    Being an INTP, my first reaction is that I find them hard to get along with. But thinking about it, and considering the ESTJ's I know, the opposite appears to be true. I hate to be in conflict with them, but apart from such situations, working with them is a delight. They have the great advantage of being very outspoken, clear and consistent.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ISFJ

I find ESTJ's to be warm, friendly, intelligent but a bit conceited.
    "Move swiftly."

MBTI
    enfj

I like estj's, but they cannot stand me . The thing that seems to bother them the most is that I can be just as forceful "when I really want to especially when dealing with one" but for reasons they dont get. which makes them all :steam: ..

they are usually warm , dedicated people
    Last edited by theshadow; 02-02-2008 at 12:47 AM.

MBTI
    ENTJ

ESTJ's are boorish and narrow-minded. I hate ESTJ's LOL
    ENTJ - LII - Intimate Five

+++ PRAISE CHRIST +++ - don't be afraid : seek and defend the Truth with boldness.

MBTI
    enfj

I met an estj today! she is one of the top bosses at a hospital ......and she loved me. so as it turns out I have no problem talking to balanced estj's. I bet I have a guaranteed job now

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    ESTJ's are boorish and narrow-minded. I hate ESTJ's LOL
    Thats not very nice, I once owned a Tandy that was an ESTJ and it was very helpful, what, with its 640k barrier and D.O.S. protected mode.

So try to show a little respect.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive