User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

I'm not really fond of ESTJ's so far. i've only met one- my history teacher, and not to offend, but he's a prick. I can't talk to him at all for he is so oppinated and he seems quite biased. He thinks he's always right and argh! he's just so aggravating!!!

You asked for oppinions so... there you go

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JediM05 View Post
    I get the impression from some forums that people often have the wrong idea of what type of person an ESTJ is. What are y'alls views?
    The biggest conflict I have had with ESTJs is that they tend to jump to conclusions on tiny shreds of "evidence". Since my leading function is Ni which gathers a ton of information before coming to a conclusion, this can cause major disagreements.

I'd LOVE to have one come over and help me clean my house though!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think a guy I am seeing is an ESTJ or perhaps ESFJ. I'm an ENFP and I think if he is a good representative, ESTJs are fabulous people! Not just specifically for me, but for other people in general.

Even though he has strong opinions and has no problems with confrontation, he is REALLY GOOD with people, puts people at ease, makes connections with 'everyman' quickly and makes friends easily, and is the kind of person who will interject on a stranger's behalf. And he is NOT an asshole, he doesn't try to prove how manly or better than other people he is. He has the attitude and ease of a martial arts black belt i.e how they train you to fight so that you will never have to.

(BTW, I also interject into people's lives on their behalves, but HA HA HA HA, in a different way.)

He has this very real, natural confidence that is a combination of just 1) being a decent thoughtful NICE guy but also 2) someone you respect.

And it's SO HARD to exude both at once WITHOUT trying. If you TRY to exude 'respect me but yeah, like me too b/c I'm nice' it comes off as forced. I know, b/c, uh, that's what I DO. Hahhaah.

Anyhow, I find his confidence and charm to be very refreshing, I really value authenticity and he is just SO REAL. And also a lot of fun as he seems to really live in the moment and can just kick back even though he has that SJ thing of wanting structure, keeping to schedules, and planning for the future.
    Whereas I seem to like living it up, but a part of me is always preoccupied thinking about something else (even when I'm laughing it up with friends at the bar, a small part of me is always running another program in the background) and I naturally do NOT keep to schedules.

It's pretty hard to offend either of us though neither of us purposely tries to offend anyone. But it's really nice b/c together we can comfortably be honest and straightforward and act retarded and get each other's humor and laugh a lot.

I think as an intellectual NF or T/F cusp myself, I appreciate that he is thoughtful and tries to get his facts straight but also passionate. Thoughtful + passionate = hot. He actually reads a lot and enjoys learning about the world thsi way. Which is interesting to me as I write a lot and almost avoid reading books.

I think 'ESTJ' is a 'dual' for ENFP, so again, if he really is an ESTJ and a good representative of that type, I want to meet more ESTJs!
    Detritus.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    When making decisions, they are very quick to decide, and it's extremely difficult to get them to re-analyze a decision. Being an INTJ myself, it frustrates me that they don't always analyze all of the possibilities before making a decision. For example, if I were going to purchase a computer, my tendency would be to do a lot of research, compare models and prices, and then come to a final, educated decision. My father is so driven to decide quickly that he might think of buying a computer at 9:00 AM one day and by 10:00 AM he's in the local computer store asking someone (that he has deemed competent) what the best model is. Out the door he goes at 10:30, computer in hand. Maybe the difference is that they are so trusting of people they have decided they like. I don't trust anyone to make my decisions for me - I might take into account their advice but ultimately I make the decision myself.
    Strange, my dad's the opposite - he is always very sure to research what he's doing in depth before undertaking any action.

However, (strangely) I do notice the speed at which he comes to a decision is quite rapid... for example the other day we were looking at backpacks, because we decided that he needed a new one, (and I could give it to him for christmas) and we found one in the store that he quite liked.

But he wouldn't commit to that one because he didn't have any idea of what his options were - whether there'd be plenty of backpacks like the one he wanted, or none at all. So we went to another store, found not much, and went home.

The next day, it was around midday, he returns home from some errand (I'd hardly been aware he was gone) and as he's walking past my room he pokes his head in and drops the backpack on my bed.

I was surprised. Oh! He'd decided! He just shrugged and said he did some research and a company he used to like didn't seem to exist in Australia anymore, and there wasn't anything else he could really find, so he went back and got that one.

So to me, it seemed like he made the decision quite quickly (and I find most major purchases he goes out and buys within a day or two of deciding he wants to buy it - I think it's probably indicative of the fact that he's been thinking of buying one for a lot longer before he actually decides to) but it was a really quite well-informed and researched decision.

Conversely, my decision-making process is either on-the-spot or I'll procrastinate making a decision for months. I envy that efficiency!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

GirlAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    The biggest conflict I have had with ESTJs is that they tend to jump to conclusions on tiny shreds of "evidence". Since my leading function is Ni which gathers a ton of information before coming to a conclusion, this can cause major disagreements.

I'd LOVE to have one come over and help me clean my house though!
    I second that sister....thus making it hell being married to one!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAmerica View Post
    I second that sister....thus making it hell being married to one!
    Ah. Strangely, I get along much better with ESTJ men than ESTJ women, but being married to one, well...

Be honest. He has good points, too.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ah. Strangely, I get along much better with ESTJ men than ESTJ women, but being married to one, well...

Be honest. He has good points, too.
    I can get along with some well rounded ESTJ men.
    With the true ESTJs only the INTJs seem to get along with.
    They admire the arrogance and the nit picking.

The ESTJ women are insufferable. They confuse and confound. They enter the big companies as humble secretaries. In a matter of weeks they run their bosses.
    The bosses are not in the know.

The ESTJ women flatter the victims. They kick everyone who is beneath them.

It is said women do not run the industry. Men do.

It is said many things.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

The ESTJ women are insufferable. They confuse and confound. They enter the big companies as humble secretaries. In a matter of weeks they run their bosses.

The ESTJ women flatter the victims.
    They kick everyone who is beneath them.

It is said many things.
    LOL!! Yes! I've seen this! You are so right!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

The ESTJ women flatter the victims. They kick everyone who is beneath them.

It is said many things.
    <snort>

My dad retired as a Colonel, but my mom, (ESTJ) was always the Sargent Major.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.