User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I should also add that I love having ESTJ friends. If they're on your side, there's no one else I would want in my corner. I do think the good outweighs the bad.

MBTI
    infp

My dad is an ESTJ, I think. Hes a really good person, he has a lot of integrity, he always wants people to do the right thing. He is, like people say, the pillar of the community in some respects, or at least in his circles (i.e. president of board of directors at the golf club, president of the lawyers association). He is very practical and very hard working, and he definitely seperates work from play very well. He works all week, then plays golf on the weekend, and thats how he loves to do it. He was a very good sense of humour, although he doesn't spin off jokes all the time or anything.

He can lack understanding at times, and can try to make me do things how he would do them, rather than how I naturally want to. If I'm not doing things his way, eh does not like it. His motto is pretty much "do it, and do it now", and if I don't do the same, its not pretty. He is also terrible at giving praise, and can be over critical, which I think is related to a lack of understanding, too. For example, he does not understand that I'm only getting the bare minimum grades in math so that I'll pass, and thus expects me to get at least a 75 to "be on average". If I don't, he gets pissed, and rants and raves. But when I do get good marks in a class (i.e. the 92 on my last Anthropology test), it is barely acknowledged ("Thats good" ) compared to the reaction given to a bad mark. After the parent/teacher interview night he said that the teachers said good thigns about me and that I was making progress -then he began to bring up the negative things again even though the teachers didn't mention them.

However, in all, I think ESTJs are good people.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

My BFF in high school was an ESTJ.

She was my sidekick. I'd come up with crazy pranks, she'd get her hands dirty alongside me and implement them to my lead. She'd in turn use me as an "oh, Usehername, when will you ever learn to (cook/learn proper social skills so people don't think you're weird/grow up and stop being so daydreamy...)" so we both took turns leading each other. I was fine to be seen as the dreamy kid, because when it came time for a crazy plan, I was master & commander and she went along for the ride.

Also, we could avoid each other for a week and both be fine with hanging out with other friends and not care. She was cool that way.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

One of my most loyal and supportive friends is my ESTJ friend. Sometimes it's hard to put up with her (control-freak and impatient) but she has an INFP husband who balances her very nicely.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Default Music

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Another thing that just came to mind - the ESTJ I know has a fantastic memory for little bits of useless trivia. He remembers the casts of obscure TV shows from 20 years ago, the name of bands that had one hit and one hit only, and probably the album that hit was on, to boot. Given, his knowledge of more recent bands/shows is less complete, but just about anything that isn't entirely obscure from 10 or 20 years ago, he knows. It never fails to astonish me.
    Yes, I'm a big music fan as well - it reminds me of
    myself!! LOL!!

So far, I've gotten 49 ESTJ's on various tests, 6 ENTJ and 1 INTJ.

Bill

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I like them very much. I simply don't know many my age, which I think is a shame.

Also, my mother is an ESTJ and is usually very proper, but she'd punch someone's lights out to defend me.

EDIT: She's a dead ringer in style and action to a young Debbie Reynolds. No lie.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

My best friend is an ESTJ- I love her to bits!

I actually envy her ability to organize her thoughts and surroundings so much
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    (Healthy) ESTJs are fine, in small doses. Living with one is too much.
    My moms ESTJ, and at times it can be to much, there are times when she does things that drive me up the walls, but then again if I spend to much time with anybody they start to wear on me. We're okay, she just needs to learn to keep in mind how I feel about certain things, and I need to keep in mind that she's a social animal before anything else, save for being my mom, she's good at that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BG99 View Post
    Yes, I'm a big music fan as well - it reminds me of
    myself!! LOL!!

So far, I've gotten 49 ESTJ's on various tests, 6 ENTJ and 1 INTJ.

Bill
    You've taken an MBTI test 56 times?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I respect them, but I hate every one I've ever met except one. I think that's what ESTJs want anyway right? They don't care if they're liked -- respect is more useful.

Defer to Dwight Schrute for official ESTJ mentality. I think they may have actually used Joe Butt's analysis of the ESTJ as a template for his character.

The only reason he or the one I know are any better is because they've got Ne better than many NPs I know. His Si has been on Ne's heels lately and has since (I think) passed it in frequency of use and strength.
    we fukin won boys