User Tag List

First 8161718

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Revived this thread while trying to post samples from it to the How Not To Do Typology thread. Did not mean to revive it! It should not be revived!!!

Carry on, carry on, nothing to see here!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

I met a female ESTJ who willingly joined the military, and we had a discussion about her choice to do that.
    I told her a bit about myself, then she told me if I were in the military, they wouldn't have killed me—they would have just thrown me out for insubordination.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I met a female ESTJ who willingly joined the military, and we had a discussion about her choice to do that.
    I told her a bit about myself, then she told me if I were in the military, they wouldn't have killed me—they would have just thrown me out for insubordination.
    Probably. Either that, or promoted you!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Hate their guts.
    Why Within? What's your problem with the great and powerful ESTJ overlords? You must just resent them because they have higher positions in the heirarchy of greatness!

Gosh, all of you INTJs are the same, so dang egocentric, thinking you're better than everyone, getting titles like the alimighty Mastermind and such, and wait, what are the ESTJs, the Supervisors - that's nice, pretty cool, amazingly unique, I guess...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I like ESTJ's.

My dad and one of my closest friends are both ESTJ.

I like them for their dependability, for getting shit done (SUCH a help, for a P - I just have to brainstorm an idea of what I want accomplished, and they've helped me lay out a practical, efficient plan to achieve it), for their bluntness (which can be HILARIOUS sometimes), they're hella funny and sarcastic when making observations about the world around them, they tell you like it is, no sugar-coating, if you dropped the ball in a situation and now are grumbling about your fate, they'll point it out (a fresh does of reality), and for the way they care about you (they take care of you in the most practical of ways). If they can do something for you, whether you're a stranger or not, and it doesn't cost them anything (literal and metaphorical), they'll do it. Without a second thought. No nonsense. Always have to be busy - doing something! Always calculating for efficiency, especially with the motto, "X is money". A casual meet-up with friends located at various different areas becomes a plan, of calculating permutations and combinations of distance from the location of the various friends to the meet-up location, to figure out the most efficient carpool solution. Even if someone does not want to carpool, my ESTJ friend is at a loss at why the person would reject their solution, why they would not just take their suggestion to carpool with X, Y, and Z, as otherwise, they're wasting gas. LOL. It's cute. My ESTJ friend (like my ESFJ friend) is really good at remembering what someone wanted or needed (my ESTJ friend will store info as something someone needed/or a problem someone had, and if they come across a product that could help solve that - and it's at a good discount, she'll buy it for them! With the expectation that it's not a gift, they'll pay her back, while the ESFJ will just "gift" it).

Where we flow swimmingly:
    - Ne! They may not get some of the more layered connections I make, or think it too obscure, but, I love their brand of Ne. It's hilarious.
    - logical

Where we clash:

- thinks that I can be thinking too "unclearly"/too convoluted (I see their point), they want me to stop complicating/intellectualizing/theorizing, and basically.....get to the point.
    - clash of the P/J
    I irritate them, they irritate me. It's sometimes exhausting.

It irritates them how I approach some parts of my life (poor guys can't help but "help" me, grumbling at the fact that I'm facing what I'm facing because I leave things to the last minute). E.g., night before a rather long vacation/trip that would have us on a tight itinerary, I started to pack. My ESTJ friend, who has been packed a month in advance, had told me that under no circumstance, is she picking up my phone calls at the 11th hr, panicked because I've realized I didn't account for something and now need her help. NO WAY! She's screening my calls. Inevitably, I call and with a resigned sigh she tells me she has that item, but refuses to let me borrow it, because I should have prepared earlier. Only to call back a few minutes later, and tell me to hurry with the rest of the packing because she's "got it". She has packed that item, on my behalf. LOL.
    * They irritate me when things don't go according to plan, their knee-jerk reaction is to DO SOMETHING (which translates into trying EVERYTHING, hoping ONE will be a hit, whereas, I am more considering, contemplate, calmer in unexpected high panic situations). I could suggest something that I'm pretty damn sure will work out, but they can't trust it. They have to be tangibly trying to solve the problem, this way and that, and back to this way again, until the problem is actually solved. Otherwise, it panics them to just sit around and "do nothing" (and it's like watching a dog chase its tail around in a circle). And in the end, what I originally suggested works out, but by then, they've exhausted themselves, and me.
    * Can be bossy/tell you what needs to get done. This is a positive and a negative. Sometimes, I want them to just take the reins and plan it all and I'm happy to follow. Then, there are other times, when I want to take the lead, and they will pipe in to micro-manage. When I push back, they feel it, and get hurt by the way I push back (which might be a bit too mean/jerky/turning the game back on them to force submission). But, it's all good. They don't/can't seem to, hold a grudge against those they truly care for, not for long.
    * Can be too rigid about exploring new things unless it somehow ties into something they are already familiar with/know they will like. But, it's not hard convincing her of a connection to something she's already familiar. with. *evil cackle* She is game for most anything, except is a chicken-puss when it comes to things that are adrenaline-rush in nature (this is more her, than ESTJ, I'm sure)

My ESTJ friend always answers her calls as, "Talk to me..." Lolz!
    She has taken the MITB test (this is after 7 different times telling her what it is.......M...B...T...I). She really doesn't have much interest in this and would roll her eyes at the fact I'm on such a forum, when I could be refreshing my browser page every two seconds, buying something/winning the bid, for an item off ebay for $2 from China!!! Lolz!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

My dad is an ESTJ and I often feel that we are extremely similar, but at the same time so very different. Harsh is word that comes to mind. Harsh, narrow minded, and driven. And conservative. So very conservative, politically, religiously, etc. He can be insensitive, and self-focused.

Positively, he is great leader and very well respected by his employees. He definitely has a lot of integrity.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESFJ

Also an ESFJ with an ESTJ father, I agree a lot with what Showbread says. I feel like on some aspects I could be mini-him. (In fact he sometimes affectionately calls me, "mini me") I understand his frustrations, tempers, we hold similar values, morals, traditions and yet when we're opposite on something - we'll both scream and argue until we're blue in the face and the house is awkward for days. Harsh is something I agree to. Demanding, high expectations, perfectionist, insensitive, goal and project driven. Great leader, very sociable and respected by friends and coworkers.
    . Salmon Hand Roll .
    A Blog