Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Watch my video!!!!
    donde esta` esto?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I've starting to believe that ESTJs are inredeemable and ignorant, with visionless agendas of what they believe is stability, a stability that can only be achieved through emulating what there fathers before them have done, but in doing so they close themselves off to so much... They see nothing wrong with this, but here's the shitty part, They expect every one else to live by there rigid idea of "How things are," because what's right for them is obviously right for every one else.

I don't know if that's right or not, but that's how I see them, and if it's right or not, I don't wish to go through life with such a negative view of a type of person.

My mom is ESTJ, and physically I could never ask for a better one. I've never gone a night hungry, and have always had a place to sleep. She takes care of all of the things I would never have the patience to do. She is however and I say this with all the respect in the world to my mother, emotionally retarded, I've never once felt close to her, as if there is a wall made of bullet proof glass seperating us. We can see each other, but we will never touch.

God I hate life right now.

An aside: Meatbot your avatar is gross.
    The love of the ESTJs is expressed in practical things.
    Not in philosophy.

Your mother does what she can.
    So do you.
    Love her in return.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've probably said it before in this thread, but it was near the beginning of this thread and many bad things have been said about ESTJs since....

ESTJs are awesome! My best friend is an ESTJ and it's because of her that our friendship hasn't faded over time- she's always good at remembering to keep in touch with me, send presents, make plans to have a one week layover to visit me when traveling and randomly send texts during long, boring days. She likes to learn new things, but approaches it like a general might approach the enemy, which always makes me giggle, but it works for her. You never have to wonder for two seconds what she's thinking, because you'll know, though she's put effort into being somewhat less blunt about what she says. She's always there to help out a friend and is great to exchange recipes and movie reviews with!

I have some ESTJ family members who have made a point of always being there to help out as well- people who may be bluntly honest, but you could depend on them for anything. I've got to appreciate that in people since so few people are good at being good friends it seems
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    donde esta` esto?
    Aqui!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    I've been thinking about this, and I have a wonderment. (Someone probably already thought this, but I'm taking credit for it anyways :P )

Could it be that the negative experiences people have had with ESTJ type people are routed in frustration and miscommunication dependant on what values or ideas that specific ESTJ was consistent to?

As ESTJ who is of an older generation, and still carries those values would definitely clash against even an ESTJ of a different culture or generation soley based on what they valued.

My Music Friend ESTJ was raised in a religious and very wealthy family. He values being able to do whatever he wants, when he wants it and always having the best. He also values the religious morals he was raised with, and while compassionate and empathetic, he cannot accept people who live outside of those defined lines.

My Kickass Brother ESTJ was raised by my Kickass Mother INTJ and Kickass Father ESTJ. He has a mind like a vault, an astounding memory and an enormous heart, much like my Music Friend ESTJ. My Brother, however, sticks to the morals (fiercely) he and I grew up with which are different.

My School Friend ESTJ is gifted in many ways, and could probably take over the world, but she values starting a family young (like her parents). She is married to a sweetheart INFJ guy (they are beyond funny together) and they have 5 months left for the baby to cook in the womb before it's time to take it out.

Once they value something, I think these people want to stick to it. Not huge fans of taking risk with themselves or the ones they love. The ESTJ's can't be defined by what the value, only how they value it. Picking up what I'm putting down?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've probably said it before in this thread, but it was near the beginning of this thread and many bad things have been said about ESTJs since....

ESTJs are awesome! My best friend is an ESTJ and it's because of her that our friendship hasn't faded over time- she's always good at remembering to keep in touch with me, send presents, make plans to have a one week layover to visit me when traveling and randomly send texts during long, boring days. She likes to learn new things, but approaches it like a general might approach the enemy, which always makes me giggle, but it works for her. You never have to wonder for two seconds what she's thinking, because you'll know, though she's put effort into being somewhat less blunt about what she says. She's always there to help out a friend and is great to exchange recipes and movie reviews with!

I have some ESTJ family members who have made a point of always being there to help out as well- people who may be bluntly honest, but you could depend on them for anything. I've got to appreciate that in people since so few people are good at being good friends it seems
    This has been my experience with the ESTJ type, and it is why I value them too. If I voice my opinion in a no nonsense sort of way, every one of them has made some sort of effort to grow into something better or change something in my presence.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    ...In general, though, the bad sides of an ESTJ tend to be more immediately obvious with direct effects on people than for most other types. The stereotypical bad side of an ESTJ is bossy, over involved in other people's business, hard to get rid of, hard to convince, and a general pain in the ass to people near them. Compare to a stereotypical bad ENTP, who might be annoyingly talky but can be avoided more easily, or a stereotypical bad INxP, who will procrastinate and not finish stuff, but won't be injecting themselves into other people's business, and are easier to keep away.

I agree with this. Because of their strong extroversion, unhealthy ESxJ types can be very domineering.

More so than any other type, I find that I really, really admire healthy ESTJs, but really can't stand unhealthy ESTJs. The healthy ones are energetic, charming, hardworking, sincere, well-intentioned, and while still self-confident, they have an understanding of their weaknesses, which lends some humility to their personalities and enables them to adequately control that shadow Fi. These ESTJs are very impressive people who are able to be extremely productive and efficient, fully enjoy life, and appreciate and care for the people around them.

The unhealthy ESTJs are similarly energetic, charming, and hardworking, but instead of being sincere and well-intentioned they are narcissistic and manipulative and seem to have zero control over their shadow Fi, making them unstable, mean, self-centered, and generally unpleasant to be around.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I've dealt with two ESTJ males.
    On the surface, it was all a lot of fun and focus... as long as they were in the spotlight. These were not people that were okay with others having personalities of their own. Any concept or goal that strayed from being "black or white" was immediately debased. Both of them were extremely self-centered. They were the best and that was that. If they couldn't do something, the something they couldn't do was at fault as opposed to them being at fault.

I'll just hope that the majority of what i witnessed was unhealthy or that the clash between them and my ENFJ self is just such an immense one, while other cases are tame.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    I agree with this. Because of their strong extroversion, unhealthy ESxJ types can be very domineering.

More so than any other type, I find that I really, really admire healthy ESTJs, but really can't stand unhealthy ESTJs. The healthy ones are energetic, charming, hardworking, sincere, well-intentioned, and while still self-confident, they have an understanding of their weaknesses, which lends some humility to their personalities and enables them to adequately control that shadow Fi. These ESTJs are very impressive people who are able to be extremely productive and efficient, fully enjoy life, and appreciate and care for the people around them.

The unhealthy ESTJs are similarly energetic, charming, and hardworking, but instead of being sincere and well-intentioned they are narcissistic and manipulative and seem to have zero control over their shadow Fi, making them unstable, mean, self-centered, and generally unpleasant to be around.
    I agree with this. I think what many people are describing when they talk about ESTJs are unhealthy examples. Because ESTJs can be fairly influential and also tend to be in positions of power, more people are affected than they are by many other personalities.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I get along with them pretty well. They're logical. They are up front with what they think. Even when they are a little unbalanced, I seem to get along with well.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    The biggest conflict I have had with ESTJs is that they tend to jump to conclusions on tiny shreds of "evidence". Since my leading function is Ni which gathers a ton of information before coming to a conclusion, this can cause major disagreements.
    Yes, biggest source of conflict. I confront them on it and push as far as prudent in the situation. When they are doing this, they are sometimes in an "emotional state". If you give them time to calm down, they get more rational.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpedges View Post

My view on the personality:

Extremely structured (anything outside their view is ready for the rod)
    Supreme delegates (although lacking insight into those they control)
    Attention whores (crave it for survival)
    Hypocrites (absolutely no introspection or acknowledgement of self)
    Butt lickers

Ok. Those views are a bit critical. Let me state some positive aspects...

Fantastic social skills
    Second to none on covering their ass
    Mad dogs (shredding everything in their path even those they love)
    Concerned (to excessive degrees)
    Great with details (every little one - blah blah blah)
    Complete understanding of social norms (anything other... forget it - not happening!)

I've also worked closely with a co-worker for the past eight years (it's took us that long to appreciate our differences). She's awesome and she'll manage any business plans I have. Love all you guys!
    Maybe the above are pretty much true. Still I like em.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

My father is an unhealthy ESTJ and he embodies all of the negative aspects described here: egocentric, mean-spirited, tyrannical, unsympathetic, etc. If he does something "nice" there is generally something in it for him, most often some sort of recognition or leverage. Now that he is older, he has mellowed quite a bit, but when he was younger....whew...look out!

That being said, I have a female ESTJ friend. She is pleasant, reliable and a very good person. She has very strong opinions, but will also let people have opposing opinions without loosing her s**t on them. She is definitely one of the "good guys" in my book.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%