User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

They are usually very honor driven people...occasionally driving me as well but I am easy going so it doesn't bother me much. I am surrounded by them, and most of the time I am glad because they would do just about anything for me. As long as I don't show them my lazy side we get along great
    They do tend to overwhelm me so I have to have short breaks sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post

Plucking out a few lines from what I wrote and saying my opinions and observations about a certain type are incorrect because you know one person of another type who shares one or two personality traits means nothing.
    All it takes to invalidate a claim is one instance.
    If someone claims all humans have a body temp of 98.6 and I show 99.0, the claim is now bullshit.
    Body temp varies, and so does personality.
    All ESTJs are not your Mother.

Rather than deal with your own issues with your Mother, MBTI has given you a way out:
    Blame all ESTJs.

I just have yet to come across one in my life who is not a complete asshole.
    Considering you have no way of truly knowing anyone's "type," much less what an "asshole's" type is, your comment is nothing short of ludicrous.

The difference between myself and my mother, since you compared us, is that she will not even admit that she MIGHT be wrong.
    Deal with your Mother.
    Taking it out on ESTJs in this forum isn't the answer.

Make an appointment with Dr. Phil.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    All it takes to invalidate a claim is one instance.
    And all it takes to make a lame argument is to sink your teeth into one single point and hang on for dear life.

Like I said, there was considerably more to that post before I submitted it but I cut some of the fat away after I realized I was just repeating things people had already said and talked about the one ESTJ I'm closest to and therefor know the best.

Although even if I had gone into greater details about the others, I'm sure you'd still try to make this into a mommy issue.

Although even if I had gone into greater details about the others, I'm sure you'd still try to make this into a mommy issue.
    It is a Mommy issue. You're just like her, but too blind to see it.
    Let's hope you realize that before you take your final breath.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

GUYS. Take a chill pill. Let's not argue, ok?
    This is what you're doing:
    And this is what you SHOULD be doing:

Also:
    lol, damnit and I missed it...next time get it on tape so you can show me. ;D
    Watch my video!!!! I don't address this issue specifically, but - and I don't mean this in an arrogant way - I might give you some hope. The ESTJs in your life really do sound awful, and I can see how you might give up on the idea that there are well-balanced ESTJs out there.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

The only ESTJ I really know is my cousin. Poor guy....grew up with two IxSP parents and an ISTP brother!! haha....he was definitely the odd one out, and as a child you could tell when he was frustrated with all of them.

He's *very* extroverted, very confident and happy, and very much a people-person. He's a friendly guy. I get the impression he was a pretty popular kid growing up, had lots of friends, was involved in various activities, etc, and pretty driven to get things going. Pretty outspoken, I'd say (esp. compared to his immediate family), VERY opinionated, to the point of rigidity (i.e. he knows what he thinks, he thinks his way is often best, and he'll stick to his guns..hard to bend him), and I think he takes his job pretty seriously. He has a pretty decent sense of humor and definitely has his down time, though. Very competitive.

Negatives...I'd say just he's pretty set in his ways and sure of himself. Not that that's always a bad thing, but it can mean it can be difficult for others (notably his wife) to work around him or find much opportunity for compromise. Occasionally he comes across as a bit too domineering...just his desire to be in charge of things, I think. But, if you get him in the right mood, he can be pretty mellow and open to other ideas - he'll listen and be respectful, curious, and interested.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I have butted heads with different ones in my times, but I very much respect their thinking process, their practicality, their ability to accomplish tasks, and their realism. And you don't need to mince words with most of them either; they're very much up-front with their views/opinions.
    That's pretty much how I think of the ones I've met.
    One of my friends is an ESTJ, and though I disagree with her half the time, I have a lot of respect for her, simply because she's independent and doesn't put up with incompetence.
    "Vous au moins, vous ne risquez pas d'être un légume, puisque même un artichaut a du cœur."
    -Amelie Poulain

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by JediM05 View Post
    What are y'alls views?
    They can be very bossy and plan your life for you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I've been thinking about this, and I have a wonderment. (Someone probably already thought this, but I'm taking credit for it anyways :P )

Could it be that the negative experiences people have had with ESTJ type people are routed in frustration and miscommunication dependant on what values or ideas that specific ESTJ was consistent to?

As ESTJ who is of an older generation, and still carries those values would definitely clash against even an ESTJ of a different culture or generation soley based on what they valued.

My Music Friend ESTJ was raised in a religious and very wealthy family. He values being able to do whatever he wants, when he wants it and always having the best. He also values the religious morals he was raised with, and while compassionate and empathetic, he cannot accept people who live outside of those defined lines.

My Kickass Brother ESTJ was raised by my Kickass Mother INTJ and Kickass Father ESTJ. He has a mind like a vault, an astounding memory and an enormous heart, much like my Music Friend ESTJ. My Brother, however, sticks to the morals (fiercely) he and I grew up with which are different.

My School Friend ESTJ is gifted in many ways, and could probably take over the world, but she values starting a family young (like her parents). She is married to a sweetheart INFJ guy (they are beyond funny together) and they have 5 months left for the baby to cook in the womb before it's time to take it out.

Once they value something, I think these people want to stick to it. Not huge fans of taking risk with themselves or the ones they love. The ESTJ's can't be defined by what the value, only how they value it. Picking up what I'm putting down?
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I don;t know any, but I know a whole lot of ESTPs who think they are ESTJs